Notices

D15B2 Head gasket placement???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D15B2 Head gasket placement???

Hey all

I've been lurking for a while and I've learned a bunch... Thanks.

But with all the modding going on I can't seem to find the info I need to finish a SOHC head install. I don't need much but when I put it together I got a few oil leaks I shouldn't have.

I've figured most of them out but one in particular is bugging me cause I can't find any info on it, the spark plug tubes on the camshaft holder.

I bought rebuilt head off ebay and when I pulled the existing head from my car I saw that there weren't any gaskets under the holder. I've read that some d15b s didn't have rubber gaskets but when I used the high temp silicone gasket it failed and the spark plug tubes leaked bad.

So searching like a mad dog I can't find any guides for the head gasket kits.... and the Haynes book sucks. I'd get a factory service manual but I'm giving the car to a friend and I'd like to give him a solid good running car and not a leaky pos.

Any one have the head gasket guide available to upload?

Thanks....

You guys rock, keep up the good work.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: D15B2 Head gasket placement???

Are you talking about the O ring that sits around the hole you put the spark plug in? That sits under the valve cover?

They're quick and easy to replace.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:06 AM
New User

No, not the valve cover O-rings.... The main gaskets I want to see are under the camshaft holder, I believe they are the rubber O-rings shaped like an '8'.

But I have the full top end gasket kit and although most gaskets are doubles cause of the rebuilt head, there are others I want to confirm I ain't missing on the re-reassembly.

Most are obvious, I just want to make sure this is the last time I have to go under the hood for a while. I'm heading to the car right now so I'll just have to work it out on my own, but I case I miss something I could still use the gasket placement guide..... Anyone?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you're talking about. They're under the rocker arm assembly. I bought a gasket kit ($30) off ebay, it's been running fine no problems. But that kit came with everything I needed.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 PM
New User

Well I had a full top end gasket kit and since the head was rebuilt by some else, changed all the gaskets, 0-rings and seals outside the head I could find matches in the kit.... There are a lot of gaskets and O-rings left, I sure hope I didn't miss any more important ones. My marks kinda rubbed off and I think I set the timing belt off a tooth, so I'll have to reset the timing to TDC and the cam to #1ic.

I'd still like to see a diagram of the top end gaskets if anyone knows where I can DL one.... I would and do appreciate it... Thanks