Notices

6 month CRX project of hell. help honda gods

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 6 month CRX project of hell. help honda gods

I've posted here before about this nightmare build and I'm really starting to get tired of it.
Car - 1991 Honda CRX
Engine d15b7/d16z6 mini me
ECU - P28
Harness - obdo dx harness with two added injectors, distributor wiring modified to obd1 and obd0-obd1 ECU jumper harness

Got the engine in and running, but the kid who put it in f*cked **** up and bent the pressure plate and clutch so both are replaced. Other kid who fixed that problem f*cked with wiring and now has no spark and said that some of the grounds sparked last time it cranked and that now I need a d16z6 harness cause the obd0 dx harness didn't have some connectors or plugs or something.

Question of 2010: what f*cking harness do I need and what modifications do I need to do to it to get this car running. I just want my damn CRX back, i'm sick of driving a Ford Tempo.

If someone is in the NJ/NY area and has the parts and wants to fix this nightmare, I've got $200 waiting for ya =]
Old 07-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 6 month CRX project of hell. help honda gods

whats the problem now? is your wiring whats messed up?
Old 07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds to me like you have the parts you need, if the car was already running before you had a new clutch put in then i would just figure out why you are not getting spark
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if it's really that messed up, you'll need a new dx engine harness. re convert it to mpfi, then ad the extra wiring for 4wire o2, vtec spool valve and vtec oil pressure sensor.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats what i thought. the kid said i need a z6 harness and i was like wtf??
I wired the 4 wire o2, vtec oil and switch and mpfi along with the dizzy wiring so i'll jsut get another dx harness and do it all again.

I'm gonna get it back to my house this week and go over everything. I gave it to two kids who knew "everything there was about engine swaps" but its funny how they both f*ck up. I'm done letting people work on my car.

Does anyone have a writeup or schematic of where all the sensor plugs on the dx harness go on the new engine? I remember hearing that somethings had to be elongated to reach a new sensor.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRZ88DX
If someone is in the NJ/NY area and has the parts and wants to fix this nightmare, I've got $200 waiting for ya =]

I'm gonna get it back to my house this week and go over everything. I gave it to two kids who knew "everything there was about engine swaps" but its funny how they both f*ck up. I'm done letting people work on my car.
Thought those bolded lines were funny.

Ya I wouldn't let anyone else work on my car except for my brother, only because I know that if he screwed something up he would pay me back. Ha.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was really knew to engine swaps before all this with the the wiring and what not. But after doing hours of research I'm the one who figured out the initial problems. Now I'm gonna get my car back and fix it myself, cause I can't rely on the so called "mechanics" I know
Old 07-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was really knew to engine swaps before all this with the the wiring and what not. But after doing hours of research I'm the one who figured out the initial problems. Now I'm gonna get my car back and fix it myself, cause I can't rely on the so called "mechanics" I know
All I can recommend is doing re-diagnostic tests. Diagnosing spark is not too complicated than re-wiring the whole thing. Or rather too much work.

I think everyones right though, if they messed up a lot of stuff, you may be right on redoing the engine harness. I'd make sure the ecu harness is intact as well.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

By any chance when the guy changed the clutch second time round he did remember to replace the thermastat housing earth didnt he?? i think thats the one for the ecu......
Old 07-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DCRB
if it's really that messed up, you'll need a new dx engine harness. re convert it to mpfi, then ad the extra wiring for 4wire o2, vtec spool valve and vtec oil pressure sensor.
x2

Such a simple fix if really have a prolem with wiring, just redo it yourself...it won't take 6 months to do. If you are motivated, you could do one in a single day!!!!!!!!