Notices

Gunna get a B16a1 soon But.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gunna get a B16a1 soon But.........

Ok heres the deal, I'm new to this honda-tech.com thing so i hoping i can get some good info from yall. I Have a 89 crx, all stock, but i'm hoping to change that here soon. I'm planning on buying a b16a1 and I've been told that since my car isn't an SI that I would need alot of misc. stuff to put on the engine like fuel pump, and **** like that. Oh and just so I don't look stupid, I'm just barely learning stuff about hondas, sorry if that seems alittle gay, I'm pretty new to the Import scene and I'm lovin it! But anyways, I need to know what exactly i need (parts wise) to make it a successful swap with out really spending a whole crap load of money. I know i'll be spending alot but i don't want to get jacked in the process. Thanks for the info if ya got any for me.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gunna get a B16a1 soon But......... (TypeRCrx)

if you search there really is like a jillion things on this i just got done lookin it up actually gettin ready to swap out my old motor in my ef. but i didnt recall seein anything about a new fuel pump i know with a dx you need the new map sensor from an si, is that right anyone? wish i could help more im a semi beginer as well
Old 07-14-2003, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Gunna get a B16a1 soon But......... (misfithamster)

well thanks anyway man, i need all the help i can get. Anyone else have anything to imput?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm your gonna need complete swap motor trand ECU. your also gonna need motor mounts and custom shift linkage because they one they will give you is too large and ur existing one is not for b series motor. if you have a dx then your going to need to do a mpfi swap. if you have a HF then you will need to buy dx or si hub assembly. i reccomend getting motor from hmotorsonline.com and your mounts and linkage from jdmshit.com they give you that as well as throttle cable bracket. very helpful. other then that its just little **** like 2 rad hoses. you can change the timing belt and water pump also. but have extra money just in case something goes wrong. good luck man.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: Gunna get a B16a1 soon But......... (b16hf)

Why dont you get a ITR engine...so your sn is correct. Anyways I wouldnt waste my money on the B16. But anyhow good luck.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Gunna get a B16a1 soon But......... (SHAGGY)

You will also need a 90-93 integra Throttle Cable and Clutch Cable, these are NOT necessary pieces as I found out this weekend but may make things a little easier. You will also need to do some wiring to the ECU, I'm not too keen on what exactly it is - my boys did most of this stuff on my friends car, but I believe they are just 2 wires that need to be saudered in .

You will also end up needing to bash a 3/8 inch dent in your frame on the right side of your car in addition to cutting a decent chunk out of your crossmember to fit an aftermarket header - both took some time but weren't too hard... just a pain in the ***.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome to H-tech. here is some of my advice. I was in your position a long time ago when i 1st joined.

-please use search!
-there are many options on how to use it to find paticular info.
-I'm a search freak, so IM me if you have any problem finding info & I'll help you out as much as possible.

-what a paper and pencile ready..why so that you can wright down info, spec, facts, use names of other members ect. Very important.

-this chat site like all the others are going to have people who go around giving incorrect/mis-information about certain topices so you as the consumer should double check all you info with another site, other people ect. You'll have to filer in the facts from the BS.

-I think you should learn about the basics first like honda termonolgy, how the engine works , <U>basic bolt on and interal info</U> then from there go to learing about what motor best fits your driving stly/needs. Then finally do the reasearch. Unless you just want a shop to install B16 in you CRX hf with a nice body kit with some cool rims and call it a goal accomplished. The choice it up to you..... and personally driving/having a fast 13sec (or faster car) is not as fun as the learning process to getting there. It's more satisfying...sorta like sex..(don't go to fast to quick or theres not fun in that)

have fun while your online. Just don't ask unspecific questions or stupid rice questions. And resist the rice inside of all newbie to the import scene.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Gunna get a B16a1 soon But......... (Charlie Moua)

There is some additional work required during wiring for a DX, and some axle issues involved with an HF. Did you mention which non-si model you have?
Old 07-16-2003, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Gunna get a B16a1 soon But......... (Wicked_CRX)

i did mention that I have a DX model. And thanx to all yall for your helpful info this will help me out alot.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:17 AM

Hasport makes the mounts, shiftlinkage and the wireharness for your car. It would also be advisable to change the clutch while the motor is out of the car. Trust me I didn't do that and ended up with a motor with a bad clutch which left me on the side of the road. And please don't let anyone sell you a motor that has b16a1 on it. Make sure it says b16a only. good luck!