Notices

need help identify what car these plug wires are for ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help identify what car these plug wires are for ?

i have two different spare sets of SUMITOMO OEM spark plug wires, both from hondas, but i don't know exactly which car each set goes to ?, i think ones from my 90 CRX, and i think the other set is off my mom's old 90 accord.

my question is, how do you supposed to identify spark plug wires?, to be able to match them up to what car they go to ?

both just say SUMITOMO, Z-16 LE-E and 1989, and one set says 17954 down the long cylinder ends, and the other set does'nt have anything on those cylinders.

i did'nt bother putting pics, cause won't help much, they basically both look similar, like oem plug wires for crx, civics, integras, accords, etc...,

on one set, those long cylinder things at the ends of the wires are 4-1/2" inches long, and on the other set, those things are about 4-3/4" inches long, im guessing the one thats 4-1/2" long is for the crx and the other ones for the accord ?

main reason i want to find out what car these are for, is so i can sell them on ebay, as i no longer need them.

Last edited by crxaddikt; 01-31-2016 at 06:52 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 01-31-2016, 01:43 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: need help identify what car these plug wires are for ?

Have you Ohm tested each wire to ensure they are still good? Do you have the cars or more specifically the engines available? If so you could measure down the spark plug well. Or compare the plug wire on the engine to the others you have.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help identify what car these plug wires are for ?

no, have'nt ohm tested them, but they worked fine when they were on the engines being used, plus they are all good condition, with no cracks or anything throughout them.

i don't have the engines they came out of, the accord was my mom's old car which is gone now, and i still have my 90 crx, but i no longer have the D16 motor, in 2003 i got a ZC dohc motor swap done, the reason mainly cause water got sucked into my long CAI intake and blew a big hole in the D16 block, so that motor was trashed and the ZC motor uses 88-89 integra plug wires, which is why i don't need the crx plug wires anymore. (if those wires are crx wires?)

its been so long since removing those sets of plug wires from whatever car they were from, might of been around 2003, and thats why i just can't recall if or what they came off of exactly ? otherwise, it was just a few years back, then i would remember what they were for.