Notices

$800 AC Compressor replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $800 AC Compressor replacement??

Originally Posted by schueytenten
I had the same problem, it ended up being just a fuse.
So what your saying is that you can have a good compressor with no leaks and have a blown fuse and it will simulate a "A leak"? I ask because my a/c light doesn't come on when I push it in. When my car was hooked up to that machine and fully charged but still hooked up, the mechanic told me to get in the car and test it out. That didnt work and he said there is a leak somewhere. couldnt get cold air to come out at all!!!

And now the mechanic emptied out the system and i can check if it was just a fuse?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do it yourself for cheaper, u could even buy a new compressor, condensor and evap even buy hoses and borrow a vacuum for cheaper then that price lol
Old 05-22-2010, 01:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
So what your saying is that you can have a good compressor with no leaks and have a blown fuse and it will simulate a "A leak"? I ask because my a/c light doesn't come on when I push it in. When my car was hooked up to that machine and fully charged but still hooked up, the mechanic told me to get in the car and test it out. That didnt work and he said there is a leak somewhere. couldnt get cold air to come out at all!!!

And now the mechanic emptied out the system and i can check if it was just a fuse?
NO no no. I thought you were saying the AC was working, then the AC light went out and now the AC didn't work. That's what happened to me. It just ended up being a fuse. This was a different incident.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by natedawg500
I would look into buying a compressor on ebay. I paid 200$ for a sandan compressor. then pull a vacuum.

Last don't convert it to R134 you will be very disappointed. Its not cold at all in a CRX. The system is already fairly weak. I'd have to drive for an hour at highway speeds @ 4k rpm with the system on full blast to get remotely cool. (when I was on R134)
For sure. My 91 was converted about nine or ten years ago. I hate it. It felt like it never cooled down. My 88 that has not been touched and still has the OG freon works like a charm. No problems and always ice cold even on 100 degree days.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by schueytenten
NO no no. I thought you were saying the AC was working, then the AC light went out and now the AC didn't work. That's what happened to me. It just ended up being a fuse. This was a different incident.
Where is the fuse for the a/c? In the car or the bay? I'm gonna switch it and I'm willing to bet my ac will work once I take it to be charged again.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Who the fack changed my title?!

for 800 your **** better be blowing ice cicles out the dam vents.

its easy. get the compressor(and new belt...why not?) mount it, attach all the lines, well first flush everything and add new seals. then connect the lines, pull a vaccume and add the freon! thats it!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
Where is the fuse for the a/c? In the car or the bay? I'm gonna switch it and I'm willing to bet my ac will work once I take it to be charged again.
went to autozone bought and switched the fuses and ice cold
Old 05-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Once again reviving my old thread. After the clown on fleabay sent me the sanden (sp) instead of the matshushita compressor, I am finally ready to put it all back together. I have it all apart in my garage waiting to put the new compressor in. Just one quick question, Is there a FAQ on adding oil? I have read many generic websites about how to put a bit in, spin the clutch, etc. I just don't want to screw anything up on the re-install. I read that I need to put a little on the o rings when I install them. If I just do that and take it back to the shop with no oil inside and have him do it, is that OK?

Is there a specific way to add the oil? Is it as simple as just putting in the recommended amount and spinning the clutch and installing it?

What I really want to do is install the new one and take it back to the AC shop and have him do the freon and oil too I guess.

Thanks