Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

kinda new.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kinda new.

i've been a member for about year or so but i've never post i forgot i was registered. but let me introduce myself. my name is bethany and i drive a 99 EJ8/EK whatever u wanna call it. its standard and all thats done to it is suspension mods but i have plans for my little car. heres a picture of it.

but needless to say my question is which racing seats should i get... the ones that are in my budget are:
Yonaka Racing Seats (reclinable)
Sparco REV Seats
Sparco PRO 2000 Seats
Sparco EVO Seats

I'm looking for comfort and support any suggestions?
Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: kinda new.

never expected pink wheels to be so awesome

nice to see more members with pictures of their cars on here

(i need to get a pic of my ej1 up)

also, you might already know about these, but IMO the recaro reclinable seats look sexy to me
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM

the recaro reclinables are sorta pricey my friend has them in his teggy their amazing but idk.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ur prolly gonna catch **** for postin "what do u think" pics in here but since ur rockin a vajeen you may get some slack nice whip too... and ps, get some civic CTR's or black/suede ITR's comfortable as fukkk IMO..
Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very nice, i like the car too (don't act like you didn't expect that posting in a predominantly male community haha)

as far as your choices of seats i do NOT recommend the yonaka's. they are not the least bit comfortable at all. i had them in my EJ1 and it was one of the main reasons i hated driving that car.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:58 PM

lol thats a first "what u think" pictures. i love my car im good with everyone thinks but thought pictures would be nice. lol i just really want some better seats my seats arent horrible but i just want more comfort and support. im in my car all the time i drive about 2 hours everyday it'd be a nice change to sit comfortably on my way to school.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
very nice, i like the car too (don't act like you didn't expect that posting in a predominantly male community haha)

as far as your choices of seats i do NOT recommend the yonaka's. they are not the least bit comfortable at all. i had them in my EJ1 and it was one of the main reasons i hated driving that car.
thanks for the honestly i seriously just wanna be comfortable. and i expect comments like that all my friends are guys but that picture it meant to show off domo lol
Old 09-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96CIVICcakes
lol thats a first "what u think" pictures. i love my car im good with everyone thinks but thought pictures would be nice. lol i just really want some better seats my seats arent horrible but i just want more comfort and support. im in my car all the time i drive about 2 hours everyday it'd be a nice change to sit comfortably on my way to school.
given this information i absolutely under no circumstances recommend getting the yonaka seats haha. i had a 40 minute drive each way to work and i HATED every minute of it. What is your budget for seats?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:03 PM

like at most 500. i'd like the front pair but def the driver seat for now. and then passanger can wait.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i thought there was a FAQ or sticky somewhere, that chicks had to be rockin bathing suits if they were gonna post pics sitting on their hoods...
Old 09-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96CIVICcakes
like at most 500. i'd like the front pair but def the driver seat for now. and then passanger can wait.
ok, i assume you want something still reclinable (that's another downfall about the yonaka's, they are reclineable but the mechanism is basically worthless) so that makes it tough to find some genuinely nice seats. have you considered going with GSR seats? they are very comfy, relatively cheap and they have the lumbar support which is very nice. you can also go with seats like s2000's if you can find a decently priced set. I'd stay away from del sol seats unless you are about 6'0" tall, which you deffinetely don't appear to be. i had them and they sit a little low for my liking and i am 6'0".
Old 09-21-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
ok, i assume you want something still reclinable (that's another downfall about the yonaka's, they are reclineable but the mechanism is basically worthless) so that makes it tough to find some genuinely nice seats. have you considered going with GSR seats? they are very comfy, relatively cheap and they have the lumbar support which is very nice. you can also go with seats like s2000's if you can find a decently priced set. I'd stay away from del sol seats unless you are about 6'0" tall, which you deffinetely don't appear to be. i had them and they sit a little low for my liking and i am 6'0".
the sparco seats i listed are all bucket i dont need reclinable seats just was something i saw in my price range. i know i just want them black cloth or suede (i hate leather it sticks to me in the summer) but no i'm not 6 feet tall lol im only 5'4
Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC
yeah i thought there was a FAQ or sticky somewhere, that chicks had to be rockin bathing suits if they were gonna post pics sitting on their hoods...
lol good luck with that the only time in in a bikini next to my car is from months july-aug when im washing it and trying to get a tan all in one its like a 2 for 1 lol