Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

tranny problem. in gear but car does not move, mph goes up, tranny noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny problem. in gear but car does not move, mph goes up, tranny noise

damnnn got a tranny problem today right when i got home too. car is b16a3 with stock clutch. rite when i got home, put it in first gear ccar doesnt move at all. it makes some nasty *** sound coming from the driver side. it sound like something is grinding or the clutch disk drop and its spinning.

problems are

1. tranny in gear, car not moving ( every damn gear)
2. crazie *** sound when in gear while releasing the clutch trying to get the car moving.
3. speedometer goes up when i try to get the car moving in gear at every gear.

can it be the axle that pop out alittle or the clutch is completely gone. i can shift into every gear but when i try to get the car moving it doesnt movem it just makes the sound. the tranny is new cuz every gear is smooth but just the clutch was worn when i bought the car.

any help would be great.
TIA
Old 05-01-2005, 10:32 PM
No Sales Forums

Default Re: tranny problem. in gear but car does not move, mph goes up, tranny noise (Ignitecivic)

It is either an axle problem or you differential is busted. I would check the axles first.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tranny problem. in gear but car does not move, mph goes up, tranny noise (SwapShopR)

check your axles maybe one of the axles or both might haev popped off while installing it.

did u jsut install this tranny? was it always on your car and this problem just happened?

Old 05-02-2005, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tranny problem. in gear but car does not move, mph goes up, tranny noise (SwapShopR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SwapShopR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is either an axle problem or you differential is busted. I would check the axles first.</TD></TR></TABLE> check these 2 things first worst case the tranny could be completly gone had it happen to a friends car. will the car roll if its in nuetral.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tranny problem. in gear but car does not move, mph goes up, tranny noise (Lmgrcivic)

the tranny came stock with the car. the axle was replace about 6 months ago so i will check on that.

can it be the clutch? if its the clutch i wont be able to go into gear rite.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tranny problem. in gear but car does not move, mph goes up, tranny noise (Ignitecivic)

axle is either busted, or has come out of the trans.

btw, the snap rings on the inside of the axles are a consumed part, after you pull an axle out they are supposed to be replaced. chances are yours weren't, so just bend thema bit bigger with pliers... but make sure they aren't to big as to slip out of the groove in the axle
Old 05-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tranny problem. in gear but car does not move, mph goes up, tranny noise (MonkeyMagic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyMagic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">axle is either busted, or has come out of the trans.

btw, the snap rings on the inside of the axles are a consumed part, after you pull an axle out they are supposed to be replaced. chances are yours weren't, so just bend thema bit bigger with pliers... but make sure they aren't to big as to slip out of the groove in the axle</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah it was the axle guys. the damn shop installed it wrong or sumthing.

thanks for the tips. i was hoping it wasnt the differential.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea your fortunate, when the diff goes it really sucks. glad to hear its solved so quickly