Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Theft deterrent?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theft deterrent?

I got an idea for theft deterrent.

Do you think it would be possible for a flatbed to pull a civic up the ramp if the front wheels are locked with tranny and the parking brake is on?

If so forget my idea!
Old 02-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Theft deterrent? (snowshooz)

it would still drag up the flatbed
Old 02-17-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Theft deterrent? (komat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by komat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it would still drag up the flatbed</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dammit thought I was on to something. Never used a flat bed before didn't know how strong they were. Thanks Bro! Back to lab again.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Theft deterrent? (snowshooz)

if you dont want your car stolen

get a garage
get another car for your daily driver some pos $500 car

use your honda when you want to go out and have some fun then park it back in the garage
Old 02-17-2005, 11:46 PM

yah most hondas have the ebrake up and are still pulled up the ramp. tires dont have to roll to pull u up . it will drag a car. i crashed my 1st 94 coupe and the front wheels werent rolling he hooked it up under the front bumper and i watched the truck pull the car up no prob. took 2mins. i hope u dont plan on gettin someones car sike nah just foxin wit ya..!! lol
Old 02-17-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: (civicrida3)

Na! Don't wanna steal, but I made this lock that goes over the gear shift and been using it since 2003 after someone tried to snake it.
i know a flatbed wiil pull if the front wheels don't turn but I was curious if it could do it with both front and back locked.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: (civicrida3)

A cheap and easy way for theft deterant is a kill switch!!! That way you can put the switch where ever you want and where someone would have a hard time finding it. Kill switches in addition to alarms are also good! Takes the theives longer to steal your car, therfore you have that much longer to possibly catch them in the act.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hawaiianbro)

a flat bed will pull your car no matter what unless you have it chained up to building or some ****

even a tow truck can tow it away

all they have to do is use the fork things on your front and two wheelies on the rear
takes less then 5min to do it all
Old 02-18-2005, 12:03 AM

I never did put a kill switch in but, when I'm done with my swap and the car is actually worth something ill do as much as I can. My car is still a hoop mobile and I can't believe that someone would actuaaly be interested in stealing it but they did try.

They were foiled by my psycho ex-g/f who showed up at my place at 3am to give me some grief and spooked the thieves. she actually waived to them as they pulled outta my driveway in the flatbed. Maybe i could pimp her out her broke *** could use a job anyhow
Old 02-18-2005, 12:03 AM

I never did put a kill switch in but, when I'm done with my swap and the car is actually worth something ill do as much as I can. My car is still a hoop mobile and I can't believe that someone would actuaaly be interested in stealing it but they did try.

They were foiled by my psycho ex-g/f who showed up at my place at 3am to give me some grief and spooked the thieves. she actually waived to them as they pulled outta my driveway in the flatbed. Maybe i could pimp her out her broke *** could use a job anyhow
Old 02-18-2005, 03:12 AM

WOW holy cow. a kill switch? hmm
did you read the orignal post. a killswitch immoblizer fuel cut off. taking out the ecu . disconnecting the battery . relay fuses. i can go on all day. that **** dont matter when the **** come and Flat bed the car. all they do is hook up chains and watch it drag . while you sleep comfortabley in your bed. then they drive away like nothing happend with your car . and cops dont pull over the trucks because they think its legit unitl they hear about it the next day.