Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by Tylers88
Did clutch master and slave cylinders and the flex line from the firewall to trans and I have to say wtf Honda, that line routing is horrible why does it go higher than the reservoir. Tried manually bleeding said screw it going to a shop tomorrow with a power bleeder handy.
I'm surprised you had issues, i was simply able to bleed my system my myself using just a broom stick to push the pedal down. It was bled fairly quickly.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AdrianClayton
I'm surprised you had issues, i was simply able to bleed my system my myself using just a broom stick to push the pedal down. It was bled fairly quickly.
Bench bleed on the master and slave, let fluid drip from the line before hooking up (did the flex hose too because it was only $9) at every connection. Same way I've done it on a ton of other cars/trucks/suvs and never had an issue. I'm friends with the Sr tech, the service writer and the service manager where it's going, very possible it will cost me a case of beer if they don't want to fill out paper work.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AdrianClayton
power bleeder accomplished nothing, I had it bleed so it's a clutch fork, throw out bearing or pressure plate issue. Going eliminate all possibilities, Exedy stage 1 clutch kit, ACT streetlite flywheel(around 13 lbs iirc) and OE Honda fork. Want to find pivot ball also, just replace everything in the bellhousing while it's out.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tylers88
power bleeder accomplished nothing, I had it bleed so it's a clutch fork, throw out bearing or pressure plate issue. Going eliminate all possibilities, Exedy stage 1 clutch kit, ACT streetlite flywheel(around 13 lbs iirc) and OE Honda fork. Want to find pivot ball also, just replace everything in the bellhousing while it's out.
bleeding the slave cylinder does kinda suck, but gravity bleeding never works well for me.

I do the same when replacing hard to get to things. I once thought I was skilled enough to eyeball that a flywheel looked fine on a DIY clutch replacement. 1000 miles later, I was paying to have it towed in and done right -- including a flywheel resurfacing, lol
Old 03-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally had some warm enough weather to finish painting and seal up my altezza project tails. I think they came out alright. At first i was just doing this for fun, but now i am curious as to how they would look on the car. Need to let the silicone cure for a few days before anything.

Before and after

Also tweaked the look of the front end again, if i keep trying stuff i will like it eventually.

Before and after
Old 03-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Installed my Yonaka 92-95 3 door cat back exhaust. My bent damaged tip fell off my Spec-D Tuning N1 style muffler yesterday and the over the top loud drone just about any time was too much.

I must say, the fitment of the Yonaka is perfect. Absolutely no troubles with fitment and install. And it looks good and is a very nice low tone accentuation. The rest is subdued so the highway drone should be so much easier on the ears.

Very pleased with it. Now just need to get my header raised so it raises up the cat a little bit (1.5 inches would do).

Name:  IMAG0093.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  156.8 KB

Addendum:
Not only does it look great as seen above, but the drive to work today let me put it through it's paces as I carefully watched all the details.

This exhaust is absolutely perfect in my opinion. This is with a 4-2-1 header, high flow cat and the AEM short ram intake with dry flow filter.

It resonates at 2000 RPM and below so it really sounds good and pushes the deep low tone at lower RPM. Then it begins subduing the sound after 2000 RPM so the 2500-4000 highway drone is next to non existent. And then it's not over bearing when you fully open her up and take it into the 5000-7200 RPM range but still lets the motor howl/scream nicely.

This exhaust will keep you off the police radar for noise, yet really promote you to drive mellow to get the killer deep rumble sound out of it and not drive you insane on long hauls.

Couple this with the perfect fitment and build quality, this is the best bang for the buck exhaust as it's only a little bit more than cheap ebay exhausts and much cheaper than JDM custom exhausts while performing perfectly and built well for a fun daily driver.

The only downfall I can find to this exhaust is it's not built with a rear sway bar in mind. Will still have to go for one of the 800 US Dollar JDM 92-95 SI mufflers to make room for the sway bar.

Last edited by TomCat39; 03-10-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Started it this morning. It's almost nice enough to bring it back out.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/VRKnonYczfc
Note : Mostly wind noised is heard when played back on my laptop. Recommend headphones or good speakers.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Hysterically Calm

Did a solid drive tonight and enjoyed the new exhaust thoroughly. As well, my wife didn't mind it at all except when I went wide open and even then she admits it wasn't as bone crunchingly grating like the old cheap Spec-D Tuning was.

Here is the end result of backing into curbs a couple of times, some harsh salty winters and constant vibration working on the top portion of the tip weld:

Name:  IMAG0098.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  306.4 KB

And the side profile of the Yonaka exhaust:

Name:  IMAG0094.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  391.4 KB

I'd like to thank everyone who indicated Yonaka is a decent exhaust for a more than fair price. The difference is night and day. And youtube videos really do not do the exhaust justice in my opinion.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:04 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCat39
Not only does it look great as seen above, but the drive to work today let me put it through it's paces as I carefully watched all the details.

This exhaust is absolutely perfect in my opinion. This is with a 4-2-1 header, high flow cat and the AEM short ram intake with dry flow filter.

It resonates at 2000 RPM and below so it really sounds good and pushes the deep low tone at lower RPM. Then it begins subduing the sound after 2000 RPM so the 2500-4000 highway drone is next to non existent. And then it's not over bearing when you fully open her up and take it into the 5000-7200 RPM range but still lets the motor howl/scream nicely.

This exhaust will keep you off the police radar for noise, yet really promote you to drive mellow to get the killer deep rumble sound out of it and not drive you insane on long hauls.
This may be normal with most exhaust mufflers, but bear in mind the muffler will get progressively louder over the next 2-3 years. I have the exact same exhaust on my LS-VTEC EJ6 and after 3 years it is now almost as loud as a straight-through canister exhaust.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:10 AM
Hysterically Calm

Originally Posted by DumpdEJ6
This may be normal with most exhaust mufflers, but bear in mind the muffler will get progressively louder over the next 2-3 years. I have the exact same exhaust on my LS-VTEC EJ6 and after 3 years it is now almost as loud as a straight-through canister exhaust.
Good to know.

I guess that will be the push to spend the 700+ for a JDM muffler that has room for the rear sway bar at some point down the road.

I was hoping the muffler was a baffle system instead of a packing of some material that deteriorates.

For 300 bucks and the perfect fitment, I really can't complain. Maybe replace the muffler with a quality magnaflow one that the muffle shop can custom tube for the rear sway bar.... That might be the most economical path.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I changed my plugs NGK g powers also I had to replace my clutch slave cylinder fixed some rattles in the interior still got some more to fix but I feel good with what I got done today
Old 03-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasnt actually today, just catching up...

Picked my car up from the alignment shop. 17in tires/rims, pretty much completely redone suspension all around. New arms, coilovers, ball joints, brakes, inner/ outer tie rods. Getting there...
Old 03-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Install the JDM/EDM clock, amber. FINALLY, a functional mod. I hated how the 6th gen didn't come with clock like the 5th gen.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:05 AM
Trial User

Swaped the ECU in order to find out the difference betwean P04-G53 and P04-G00.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:18 AM
Corvette Forum Member

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

I finally fixed my cheap *** Ebay N1 exhaust. I paid $60 for it (sue me) from a local guy. Since the fitment was/is poopoo, the guy bent one of the midpipe hangers so bad that it peeled the metal back, causing a nasty exhaust leak. I brought it to work, cut off the hangers, welded the holes and reinstalled the hangers (after heating and bending them). It fits 100% better now, still sounds like **** though. I just can't justify spending $300-500 on an exhaust for a car that only cost a grand.
I've got a pile of parts in my garage waiting for spring to arrive! New shocks with TEIN Htechs, UCAs, LCAs, Tie rods, front left caliper, full set of pads and rotors and sway bar links front and rear! Gonna be a fun weekend project!
Old 03-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought some new parts along with ES bushings to fix a very loose and sloppy shifter. New post to come along with parts used, part#'s and pics!
Old 03-15-2017, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

digging out the 95 EG 93 accord and 94 prelude after a ton of snow
Old 03-15-2017, 10:45 AM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

Old 03-16-2017, 06:21 AM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

The search function is busted. It's not returning anything older than a year when I search for user posts and my user name.

My muffler went out on my drive into work and I'm trying to determine when I replaced it. I know it's within the last few years.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I took a short video.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the tires on, list for this week is clutch job, stock springs going back in, alignment then hopefully nothing major for a while
Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

New front tires, mount & balance, and outer tie rods over the weekend. I went with Toyo Proxes T1R, 195/45r15. I wanted something with an aggresive look, and they grip really well to boot.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

been prepping car for engine removal, buddyclub body kit , wire tuck.

D-16Y8 SOHC VTEC full Exaust 2.5". Stillen Strut bar.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ak12gage
New front tires, mount & balance, and outer tie rods over the weekend. I went with Toyo Proxes T1R, 195/45r15. I wanted something with an aggresive look, and they grip really well to boot.

so sick, i love the stretch.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

those Toyo's are a deal i got a set, ^^^. Buddy Club full Duraflex bodykit, new JDM headlights, old grille 4 new toyo tires

Quick Reply: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today