Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

StreetStyler.com - Theives

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default StreetStyler.com - Theives

CONSUMER ALERT!
STREET STYLER . COM

Take my advice, do not order from this company! You should see the correspondance thru emails that I've had with this company, un-freakin-believable. I work with shipping companies everyday, I know exactly how they operate. When there is no tracking # you have a problem. After 2 days I emailed them about it, no response. I then called them later that afternoon and they said that sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the tracking # to be issued but that it had been already shipped. The following week I sent them an email stating that I still didnt have a tracking #, no response so I had to call them again. I was then told that it was being shipped directly from AEM, passing of the buck. So after a few more days I said F-it and called AEM in Cali, their rep tells me that they don't even do buisness in the way that StreetStyler claimed, they never heard of them and advised me to cancel the order, comforting. I called back StreetStyler and they tell me this one guy handles that stuff and will be in later that day, I told them that it's really important that I talk to him and that I wanted to hear from him by the end of the day, everyone knows what happened right? No call back! I call the next day and the whole place was closed and went a day early to some show in Atlantic City.

I emailed them and finally said to cancel the order. They email me back saying no problems but I would be subject to the shipping fees still and a additional re-stocking fee.
I emailed them back saying that that’s not advisable, considering their performance.
Havent recieved an answer back on that one and I doubt after pointing out how they have lied to me and I caught them in it. Hands down the worst internet company I have ever worked with.

Fast fowared 2 weeks later. I finally got the part that I had canceled, well past the maximum shipping time of 10 days. By that time I had ordered the intake through someone else, received the part and installed it. So I put the part in the corner of my office and waited for Street Scammers to call me. Never got a call. I did get the charge on my credit card about a month after the initial order though. I call them up for an explanation on why I had received a part that I had canceled on 10/25/04 and why my credit card was charged. I get the run around from some peon and he and I have words. Tells me that they know how to deal with people like me when I told him the charges were going into dispute. ZERO accountablilty, not once did I get a “Sorry”. Since the company is only 25 miles away I told them to come get the part. I had at that point put WAY too much effort into their mistakes and lies and wanted a clean break. The charges are in dispute. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to try and get all the facts on here.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (hanktoberfest)

Had a bad shipping experience with them aswell.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (Arsenal)

It's funny I keep catching them in their own lies. They just sent me an email saying that I never canceled the order. Direct qoute from them that they just sent me:

"We never told you we canceled the order or stopped shipment."

that was today.

However on 10/25/04 they said this in a email:

"I am aware you do not have a track number yet because i keep calling AEM and the girl in accounting says she'll find the invoice and email me the number but she has not done so yet. I will go ahead and cancel your order but the shipping charge and restocking fee has to be applied since the item was special ordered from the manufacture. Because now I have to tell them to get in contact with UPS and stop shipment."

This tells me 2 things: they are whiney little bastards that pass the buck to some girl in accounting from AEM. Secondly, they lie to cover their *** as opposed to owning up to a mistake.

If anyone wants me to post some of the insulting emails they sent me just ask.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:35 PM

oh crap..
i just ordered a fugen lips from them...
Old 11-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is funny. I got the same thing from them as well, but I came out on top because of their inability to run their own company. I ended up getting the wrong lip shipped to me twice and had to deal with some fucktart telling me how to squeeze an eg lip on an ek, I demanded I get my money back. 2 weeks later I got a refund and 2 days after my refund the correct lip shows up at my door. So guess what, screw those bastards, I kept their lip as a door prize.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:40 PM

I ordered my type r grill from them and origionally I didn't get a tracking number in the e-mail. But I called them and they gave it to me. However it was only going about 150 miles, it took a week to get and the box looked like it went through hell.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:47 PM

wow thats really shitty guy's iam def staying away form them, lets start a boycott..haha
Old 11-10-2004, 05:11 PM

Default Re: (civic_speed99)

I would have been estatic with a week. I think I ordered the 11th of October and I finally got it on Nov. 1st. Of course that was a week after I canceled it. They seem to think that no one understands their buisness and that they can throw out complete BS as an answer. I specifially remember asking if the part was in stock so I didnt have to wait, ofcourse they lied and said yes. This is how they make a little extra money instead of being honest, who cares if the part takes an extra 2 weeks to get there, there seems to be a pattern of lying to people saying they have the part in stock. I had qouted their own emails I showed they either mislead me or lied to me, they almost refuse to acknowledge that and turn it back on me with complete nonsense about company policy, yet they seem to have broken their own policies several times. Anyone know of some well used internet sites where I may get some attention on this? I'll probably end up calling the better buisness bureau to get a full refund. Thanks for hearing me bitch guys, hank
Old 11-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is another reason that i don't purchase a SINGLE thing off of the internet or anyone off of the internet. the internet is a place for ******* to **** you over.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (CRX_1.8T)

Not true, I ordered some parts from prostreetonline.com and I recieved the tracking # within 2 hours of my order. Had the parts by the end of the week, plus free shipping. It's not hard to ship parts out or to act as a middle man for a manufacturer, no offense to anyone that does this for a living but you matct the part # to the car put it in a box slap a address on it and wait for the fedex truck. I could teach monkeys to do it. Streetstyler didnt even have to do that, they just collected the money and put a order in and then take zero responsabililty. I doubt they even have a wharehouse or anything probably operate out of their parents garage. No offense to young guys either but I've had to talk to them on the phone and they sound like the whole place is run by 16 year olds.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some one just posted that those guys were good like last night. I was fit'n to order but now I dont thinjk so.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i still think that it is a bad idea to buy things off of the internet unless you can pick them up in person or visit the seller in person. mainly because there have been too many people getting scammed or being ignored for weeks at a time after buying things, so that scares me.

plus, i think i naturally just dont trust people in small businesses or private sellers i cant see anyways. i like to see in person how their operation runs and what they are like.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:23 AM

Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (CRX_1.8T)

Some of my conversations with StreetScammers.com. I have a business and I really could never speak this way to any of my clients. Complete lack of courtesy, respect, accountability or a ******* spine. I haven’t altered one word on the quotes.

“I think your over reacting” This the response that I received when I told them that maybe I should cancel the order because they wouldn’t answer my emails and I had no clue what was happening.

“The part will be there, you just have to wait for it to deliver. Our phone lines here locally are having some problems beyond our control”. I assume at this point that the whole phone lines being down was just another lie, yeah the phone lines were down at 2pm on a Fri afternoon, more like “screw business it’s the weekend!” This was 2 weeks before the part arrived late.

“We wouldn't have been online for the past 2 years if we were fraud.” 2 YEARS? Like I have stated before I have more time beating off than they have ruining a business. 2 Years, that’s nothing.

” The part was being shipped directly from AEM. If we have it instock it comes from here and if AEM has it, it goes from there.” I am 100% certain that I asked the idiot that had taken the order if the part was in stock, he said yes. They stated in a follow-up that the part was in stock and this is how they justified it: “Our shipping times do say that online but only pertains to orders instock here at our facility. When you ordered the intake we were sold out and checked with the manufacture who said they had it instock. So the item was instock but being shipped from the manufacture.” Maybe these guys should consider a career in politics cause I have no ******* clue what that means. The parts instock just not instock there?

“i will try to get the track number for you by days end.” That was a week after I ordered. Ofcourse that never happened, another 4 day weekend was getting in the way.

This is my email saying to cancel the order, I thought it was pretty clear about the complete lack of service.

Cancel my order. I can't trust your company and I was advised by AEM to cancel the order. Please send me a confirmation of the canceled order. Like I stated in a previous email I should not be charged since I never got a tracking #, never spoke with a supervisor, my call was never returned by Matt who looking into the whole problem and the part is late if it ever shows at this point.

“The item was already shipped when you threatened to cancel. We told you it was on the way and you just didn't want to believe us. We will not be sending a label for a return. We told you the item was being shipped and that you might get the package before we get the track number.” Complete 100% bullshit! I constantly have to order items thru shipping. Within 2-3 hours of shipping or when I have placed the order I am always given a tracking # regardless of what company I ordered thru or what shipping company delivers. I have never had Fedex or UPS take longer than 4 days to ship anything. I asked for a shipping label to send the part back and they pretty much scoffed at me, why should I pay for shipping twice on a canceled order for bad service?

“We cannot issue a refund without the merchandise being returned. We are not saying you can't return. So twist it up whatever way it makes you feel better because that is all you have been doing with ever message we give you” I was kinda taken back by this one.

“This is very common procedure for customers who are trying to pull off what you are attempting to.” Not sure how to respond to that one. Pull off what? I’m just trying to return the part at no cost to me because of service like this.

“The bottom line is the order was processed and shipped and we were truthful in the events going on with the order. “ Not once was someone honest with me.

“If you want to go ahead and waste your time posting bad messages to make you sleep better at night no one can stop you.” This after I threatened to put a post up detailing my experiences with them. They obviously do not care about their online customers or any customers for that matter.

Funny, 1 week after the cancellation I saw that the part was sitting in front of my apartment bldg. I should have just left it there since they said they canceled the order and I never signed for it. However I thought I would be kind and wait for them to call me and send me a shipping label to return it, that’s when the real trouble started. They refuse to pay for shipping.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:51 AM

I love how this **** always happens. I know people bitch about the internet, and especially about ebay, but I have had 10xs better transactions with ebay people and companies than with internet sales companies. even titan motorsports, who i thought was good, gave me the run around on a 500 dollar cat back exhaust. They said it was in stock, so i ordered it and waited 2 weeks figuring it to come. I emailed them and got a response... o yea, the part isn't in stock, 2 more weeks to get it from apexi. WTF? wouldn't you have the courtesy to tell me it wasn't in stock. I had to cancel the order, mean time my exhaust is dragging the ground and gets ripped out going down 295 on the way to work. I went on ebay, ordered it from one of the big company types, had it in 6 days, for 75 bucks less and zero hassle.

People just need to be smart. besides ebay, i wouldn't do a transaction without verbally speaking with someone at least over the phone.

Old 11-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (snoochtodanooch)

not justifying their poor business skills, but seriously dude if its 25 miles away just drive over there and get your money back. less than a half hour drive to save yourself this headache is well worth it. plus youll get to look the jackasses right in they eye and tell them what you think of their company.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (monicle)

To be honest look at my posts, I have plenty of time. I'm not hurting for the money either. I've done alot of business on the Internet, just not with any Import type places. I think, and no offense to anyone, that they believe that all their customers are 18 and they can just push them around. I'm not 18 and I will not be pushed around by a bunch of a-holes. I actually want them to come to my office so that I can look them in the eye and tell them how fucked up their company is. I was in the Marines for 8 years, I'm not about to have a bunch of pussies tell me that I'm a horrible customer because I wont let them lie to me. My spine is solid and I'm ready for the fight. Thanks for the posts guys, Hank
Old 11-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i doubt theyre gonna drive to your office to pick up the intake you ordered. seriously...

by just seeing how they do their business online, you think theyre capable of driving somewhere and doing business face to face? naw...

either 1) you got screwed outta your money or 2) drive over there and show them what's up...
Old 11-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldve visited them a long time ago....
Old 12-07-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (Andres-eh2)

Ok everyone here is the real situation with this order. Customer ordered a part that had to be special ordered through AEM because they are no longer carrying colored intaked anymore and are selling out what they have left. AEM notified us that the intake was shipped out but really they did not ship it until another 3 days after and told us they these used UPS when it was DHL. I vouch that part did happen but that was a situation that came up for this particular item. Now, hanktoberfest ended up calling AEM directly to find out the tracking number. They told him they never heard of StreetStyler.com and that is true because our Company Legal name is different than the site and that is what we had our account under. Instead of maybe believing that, hanktoberfest considered it a lie and pretty much gave the same reaction for everything we told him. Bottom line is the part had to be special ordered and was delivered. hanktoberfest also did not reject the package when it came so what does that tell you? On our terms and condition pages we clearly state that our shipping times are for instock items only and special orders can add additional time to shipping. They are also shipped from the manufacture so that is why we did not have the track number right away. There are very little sites like ours that actually stock stuff for retail. Most companies drop ship. This was not as big of a nightmare as hanktoberfest is making it. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CONTACT ME BEFORE MAKING AN ORDER IS FREE TO DO SO ANYTIME AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU. I am a sales rep for the company and have been there 3 years. And no I'm not 16 I am 27. So as you can see hanktoberfest's judgement is not as good as he thinks it is. My email there at work is clean@streetstyler.com. I am sorry hanktoberfest that you were not believing me when we were in the middle of this order. You should try to be more thoughful/realistic to what people tell you. We have no reason to lie to customers. We do not even charge people until orders are in transit. And yes once an item is in transit, you cannot just cancel without fees being due. Everywhere is like that. And if we were fraud like hanktoberfest is saying, Visa/MC would have us shut down in a heartbeat. And those are the facts. AGAIN ANYONE HERE WITH A PROBLEM CONTACT ME.

P.S. I told you AEM had it instock when you ordered it, not us and that shipping would be a few days extra.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (lollolboy)

i had 2 friends that had problems with them also. Dumbasses
Old 12-07-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (eg6ky)

for them
Old 12-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: StreetStyler.com - Theives (Steelrooted)

oohhh ****!

sue'em lol