Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

seafoam problem!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!! (humming noise from intake)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the Hillbillies and Shotguns, Ontario, Canada
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seafoam problem!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!! (humming noise from intake)

I just seafoamed my motor, pouring in slowly through the brake booster vacuum hose, into the intake manifold, I used it slowly and sparingly. I also cleaned by throttle body. Now after i started the engine I noticed a humming noise, knowing my car i knew that noise was not there before. At idle there would be a humming noise like a vibrating noise coming from the intake pipe. I thought it was just the intake vibrating on something, NOPE!!! Took of the whole intake pipe, noticed the noise was coming from the throttle body. So i take my car for a spirited boot down the highway doing 80-100 MPH, hoping it would clear the noise away, it didn't!!

I am so scared, dissapointed in myself. I have a 96 civic EX d16y8 stock, and I'm hoping you guys can help me please, i help lots of people im' a good guy. Any help, is great help to me thanks.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: seafoam problem!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!! (Rayz_Si)

Bump for some help, please please please!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:48 PM

Maybe it just lossened something up that was all gummy? I don't really have anything better than that, sorry.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:48 PM

i never used seafoam as tb cleaner. just the vaccum line, crank case, and alittle bit added to a tank of 93 octane. Usually did the job.

Sounds like seafoam went somewhere it shouldn't have. you might have to take apart your throttle body and re-clean w/ some good **** ment for tb's just my opinion, good luck
Old 03-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: seafoam problem!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!! (eg8000rpm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg8000rpm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i never used seafoam as tb cleaner. just the vaccum line, crank case, and alittle bit added to a tank of 93 octane. Usually did the job.

Sounds like seafoam went somewhere it shouldn't have. you might have to take apart your throttle body and re-clean w/ some good **** ment for tb's just my opinion, good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry I actually used throttle cleaner by Wynns on my throttle body, not Seafoam.
I guess i might try to re-clean my throttle body!? I can't beleive this is happening, Times like this i get so stressed. Thanks for your input guys
Old 03-23-2006, 09:15 AM

I dunno man, I think your just freakin.

Does something actually sound broken or what? Or you just have a new noise now? I know it's annoying but....
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM

Default Re: (sh00rik)

Humming out of your throttlebody would be your IACV.. you probably just cleaned out the sticky carbon build up in the valve assy..

If you remove your intake pipe from the TB, you see the butterfly and 2 holes on the left.. The bottom hole goes to the Thermal IAC located on the bottom of the TB with the coolant lines attached to it.. The top one goes to a passage in the intake that goes straight to the IACV..

With the engine running, spray some carb cleaner in the top hole a couple times to clean out any seafoam or anything else that may be in there.. I know my honda made the same noise after cleaning it out a long time ago and hasn't made it in a long time since it stopped..

I'm not saying this will silence the noise you're hearing, I'm just telling you, it's not a problem, and not to lose sleep over it.. it's just the ECU pulsing the IACV open at a high frequency like normal..
Old 03-23-2006, 11:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg8000rpm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like seafoam went somewhere it shouldn't have. you might have to take apart your throttle body and re-clean w/ some good **** ment for tb's just my opinion, good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

people like you shouldnt be allowed to post.. the guy has a minor hummin noise and you tell him take apart his throttle body? are you ******* crazy

there's SO MANY things that could be causing a problem. taking apart the throttle body is probly one of the last things you wanna do AFTER you test all the little stuff

its like when someone says my clutch squeaks and one of these ******* go "you probly need to take apart your transmission"

godamn
Old 03-23-2006, 11:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rayz_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry I actually used throttle cleaner by Wynns on my throttle body, not Seafoam.
I guess i might try to re-clean my throttle body!? I can't beleive this is happening, Times like this i get so stressed. Thanks for your input guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

why the hell you stress, your car runnin coo then dont worry. the noise was probly there before and you didnt notice it.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Re: seafoam problem!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!! (ZipTieGuy)

No needto get all defensive fuckface. The way he told it, it sounded like he used seafoam to clean his tb out so I thought some **** was still stuck somewherein the tb causing te noise. Notice how I said <FONT SIZE="5">JUST MY OPINION</FONT> ...obviously not. He can do what the expletive he wants, if he doesn't feel the need to take apart the tb, then so be it. I just gave a simple opinion to try and help so expletive off buddy.

Reading is fundamental until then keep your *** target shut...thx *** again bitch.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sh00rik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sh00rik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno man, I think your just freakin.

Does something actually sound broken or what? Or you just have a new noise now? I know it's annoying but....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nothing sounds broken, it's a wierd humming noise coming from the throttle body. It is an internal noise, but sounds lke a vibration. It is annoyubg, but I'm scared something's up with the motor.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Re: seafoam problem!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!! (ZipTieGuy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZipTieGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why the hell you stress, your car runnin coo then dont worry. the noise was probly there before and you didnt notice it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Again read fuckbag, he said he is positive the noise WASN'T there before. You tellin me I shouldn't post....wtf
Old 03-23-2006, 01:41 PM

you shouldn't post for responses like that..... i highly doubt he needs to take his t/b apart.. that would be worst case scenario.

good luck on getting rid of the hum
Old 03-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Gadget)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gadget &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Humming out of your throttlebody would be your IACV.. you probably just cleaned out the sticky carbon build up in the valve assy..

If you remove your intake pipe from the TB, you see the butterfly and 2 holes on the left.. The bottom hole goes to the Thermal IAC located on the bottom of the TB with the coolant lines attached to it.. The top one goes to a passage in the intake that goes straight to the IACV..

With the engine running, spray some carb cleaner in the top hole a couple times to clean out any seafoam or anything else that may be in there.. I know my honda made the same noise after cleaning it out a long time ago and hasn't made it in a long time since it stopped..

I'm not saying this will silence the noise you're hearing, I'm just telling you, it's not a problem, and not to lose sleep over it.. it's just the ECU pulsing the IACV open at a high frequency like normal.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow that now that sounds alot better to me thanks man! That makes sense to me, I will be sure to try that out! And yeah for sure I will not be loosing sleep over it, thanks bro. i understand much more, what was not making sense to me. thanks so much man what a great reply.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:48 PM

Default Re: seafoam problem!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!! (GUNNER666)

I can't stand this ****... Someone says some disrespectful **** to me, then I rip in to 'em, but I'M the badguy

If anyone else has some beef, IM me. Let's keep this open to try and help this guy with his problem. I'll be more than happy to eat any beef that that's cookin here on h-t.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rayz_Si)

it's all cool guys, no need to fight. Eg8000 I know i'll take out the throttle body in the worst case scenario, much respect for your help man. Thanks to all you guys for your input and support , it's all helping me understand more.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg8000rpm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't stand this ****... Someone says some disrespectful **** to me, then I rip in to 'em, but I'M the badguy

If anyone else has some beef, IM me. Let's keep this open to try and help this guy with his problem. I'll be more than happy to eat any beef that that's cookin here on h-t. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Someone trying to give any input or help is no BADGUY in my books. You'z a certified brotha. You got a good point. Ziptieguy thanks for the input, but eg8000rpm ain't mean no harm. Let's just chill and let the thread go on, and hopefully my problem will solve.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Re: (Rayz_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rayz_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Wow that now that sounds alot better to me thanks man! That makes sense to me, I will be sure to try that out! And yeah for sure I will not be loosing sleep over it, thanks bro. i understand much more, what was not making sense to me. thanks so much man what a great reply.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NP.. that's why I'm here..