Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RWD civic!!! yeah i think ill go for it

Old 06-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RWD civic!!! yeah i think ill go for it

Originally Posted by 99dxb18c1turbo
so after all nun of u are any help .. i can do it yes the only reason im asking for threads is so i make life easier... but anyways seems like ur all a bunch that never actually done anything that big and just on here to talk trash... ill update you all suckers with some pics when im done (not anytime soon but i will) and then well c how much trash u guys will talk. lol losers

its just funny because you talk like you cant even speak english and then when people cite that you say they are talking trash? If you know how to make a civic RWD then why are you asking us? its not a conventional swap at all, and it requires alot of fabrication. You will have to cut the firewall, make mounts for a diff, get a rear end, move the gas tank, bang out the whole center of the car (since a tranny wont fit where the exhaust goes. Make a new place for the exhaust, etc.
I've seen it done before, there is a civic in hialeah that has a F20C in it. And there was a civic @ NSCRA with a RWD K series on a full race transmission. You just expect us to provide you step by step instructions with pictures on how to fab this into your car?
What it sounds like is your level of experience, your level of intelligence overall (if you don't see anything wrong with the way you type), is not high enough to achieve something like this. There are plenty of kids around here with "bois" with "sick" honda's, they used to run their mouths all the time. Many of them would talk **** about my car and challenge me with their slow ****. None of these kids and their "bois" ever produced a car that could even partially keep up with me, and they would tell me the same things your telling us, about all the crazy **** they were going to do, and it never happened.
A RWD civic would be sick, its alot of work, so please prove us wrong and pull it off. But I'm afraid that we won't be able to provide you with any step by step instructions or pictures on how to do it.

Last edited by Jimster480; 06-16-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Adding more shit
Old 06-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fungus mungus
I posted a translation of the writeup that a guy in Japan did over a year ago. Check it out here. You're in for a lot of work and money, so color me skeptical.

fm
Yah i had read this before while doing my research thx!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jimster480
its just funny because you talk like you cant even speak english and then when people cite that you say they are talking trash? If you know how to make a civic RWD then why are you asking us? its not a conventional swap at all, and it requires alot of fabrication. You will have to cut the firewall, make mounts for a diff, get a rear end, move the gas tank, bang out the whole center of the car (since a tranny wont fit where the exhaust goes. Make a new place for the exhaust, etc.
I've seen it done before, there is a civic in hialeah that has a F20C in it. And there was a civic @ NSCRA with a RWD K series on a full race transmission. You just expect us to provide you step by step instructions with pictures on how to fab this into your car?
What it sounds like is your level of experience, your level of intelligence overall (if you don't see anything wrong with the way you type), is not high enough to achieve something like this. There are plenty of kids around here with "bois" with "sick" honda's, they used to run their mouths all the time. Many of them would talk **** about my car and challenge me with their slow ****. None of these kids and their "bois" ever produced a car that could even partially keep up with me, and they would tell me the same things your telling us, about all the crazy **** they were going to do, and it never happened.
A RWD civic would be sick, its alot of work, so please prove us wrong and pull it off. But I'm afraid that we won't be able to provide you with any step by step instructions or pictures on how to do it.
Lol! I never said i cant speak english idiot poeple were making fun o it so i said its cuz im arab idiots.. I dont see how thats me saying i dont speak english.. And you obviosly cant read like i said i dont need u to tell me the basic **** as in i have to cut my fire wall and rip the center out any one that knows how a rwd car works knows that already! I wasnt asking for step by step go read again carefully this time! I asked if anyone knows what mounts to use ir easiest way to mount it or if there are any aftermarket moumts that i had missed! But then you get poeple like you dying just to talk and act like they know better! If u dont know any tips to make the swap easier then dont talk is that hard to do!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DSMAddicted
Yes... I agree with you.
I just wanted to remind some of the people on here about the infamous "Civette", hoping it would cool the thread down a bit.

I thought about that too. I used to make fun of my buddies with 300ZXs that had to remove the intake manifold to change the spark plugs on the rear bank... I can imagine the nightmare on this one. I guess it is novelty.
Yep....
I also have a maxima se... that spark plug change is 3.5 hours.... because I have to remove the wipers/arms/cowl/intake manifold....etc etc...all for the rear 2 plugs

Thats the only reason I thought about it myself....takes me under 5 mins on the civic...
the damn maxima is half a day
Thankfully they're $11 each and last 100k + which means Ill never change em again

damn nissan
Old 06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's too much talking in this thread. Time for some action. Let the build began already!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:33 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

so after all nun of u are any help .. i can do it yes the only reason im asking for threads is so i make life easier... but anyways seems like ur all a bunch that never actually done anything that big and just on here to talk trash... ill update you all suckers with some pics when im done (not anytime soon but i will) and then well c how much trash u guys will talk. lol losers
mayb thats because im arab.. idiots but what do you guys know ur just a bunch of rednecks looooooooool anyways mayb one day well see whos got more skills on the streets and whos got more power at the wheels
There's not really a lot of info out there about swaps like this because its Si uncommon and requires so much custom fabrication.

Why would you being Arab have any bearing on you making a thread about this?

And the Civette is NOT a Ted converted Civic. It's a Civic body on a Corvette driveline.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You will get a lot more help if you stop all the BS calling everyone an idiot just because they question your motivation and ability is no way to get the help you want. Check out this build might give you a few ideas
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19...onversion.html I think he also is/was a member of HT at one time
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ast-honda.html
Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

A magazine had a rwd Integra as well, but iirc it broke often.

Last edited by NOFX; 06-17-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NACvicSi
That's where I stopped believing.
Can`t agree more
Old 06-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I honestly hope you pull it off, my question is where do you live cause if you live in california you have get that **** bar'd. And omg I love that video on youtube of that rwd civic outdrifting a 240 pretty legit, if you gonna do it to drift make sure you don't suck ***** because that'll mean just a little more **** talking towards the civic
Old 06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drift made easy. Install this and you're ready to drift.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol see now theres some motivation ! I know its gonna be lots of fab but heck its gonna be one hell of a project. And now i start looking for a wrecked s2000 and parts if i get anything ill update this thread with picks and my civic on the lifts! Wish me luck that integra is something! Man i love it when ppl do things like that! I live in ottawa canada my civi is a straight project not a daily drive so im not too worried about the law i take it out for car shows and to play around the streets and the track thats it
Old 06-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol! I never said i cant speak english idiot poeple were making fun o it so i said its cuz im arab idiots.. I dont see how thats me saying i dont speak english.. And you obviosly cant read like i said i dont need u to tell me the basic **** as in i have to cut my fire wall and rip the center out any one that knows how a rwd car works knows that already! I wasnt asking for step by step go read again carefully this time! I asked if anyone knows what mounts to use ir easiest way to mount it or if there are any aftermarket moumts that i had missed! But then you get poeple like you dying just to talk and act like they know better! If u dont know any tips to make the swap easier then dont talk is that hard to do!
i mean if you're gonna make it rwd, its gonna have to take a lot of imagination...the japanese guy that put an f20c in the eg hatch, he welded a frame for the engine...since other swaps have the motor turned sideways, you're gonna have to get creative to fit the engine in longways

i just got my first honda btw...a minty eg, but im leavin it stock and im gonna start on a project car probably next year...i want to swap in an f20c too, but im leavin the car fwd, as it makes things a lot easier, i've found swap mounts and conversion kits to do so....
Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

go buy the latest issue of honda tuning they just did an article on a 97 civic coupe with f22c rwd check it out and check out epic tuning
Old 06-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice
Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civic-steve-94
go buy the latest issue of honda tuning they just did an article on a 97 civic coupe with f22c rwd check it out and check out epic tuning
YEP!! and epic tuning has kits available for converting to RWD IIRC...
Old 06-17-2011, 04:11 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think your best bet is going to be just putting a civic body on the s2000 chassis. That way the car will at least take corners.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most RWD cars dont have the centers ripped out because they come RWD, you will have to figure out how to cut the firewall and then fab a trans cover for the actual tranny or it will physically be in the passenger compartment. There are no aftermarket mounts, or mounts you can use. You will need custom mounts that you will probably have to fabricate on your own, or contract someone to fabricate for you. And being arab has nothing to do with speaking english. I have a few arab friends who have no issues writing and speaking english.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

...as for the civette i think it handles likethat because of how bad the wieght distrebution is.
the transmission is in the back in the Civette so the weight distribution should be pretty good.

i agree that suspension setup/swap/modification is critical for a good end result for a FWD to RWD conversion. geometry will need to be changed here and there.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Corvettes handle like ***. It's not going to handle better because you put a civic body on it.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can do it. There's one on the new issue of honda tuning. Ek coupe with f20 swap plus rwd. Its been done.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just logged back in after awaile and saw what u are planning, all I can say is it is a $#/* tone of work as u all ready may know i am doing the same to a 95 civic ex but im going to be running s sr20 in mine and yes I have been cut down for it, but whatever i dont give a f#@k. Like u i want to be different, anyways i ended up building my own tube frame which is nice cause u can put stuff where u want without moving something else and had a totaled 240 laying around so i am going to take parts from that , let me know how your build is going best of luck to ya, remember keep it sidways
Old 01-09-2016, 04:01 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a five year old thread from a guy that never followed through.

/thread.

eH.