Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RSX cluster into EK civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 11:22 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RSX cluster into EK civic

Helping my brother with a project he wants to do. I told him I dont think it'll fit right but he doesnt care, he just wants the cluster in his car and working

anyway, did a bit of searching and found the following useful threads:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1262579
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1194702
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=828752
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1003902

got the online rsx helms manual from the last thread. here it is if you're curious:
http://johnscustompcs.com/03rsx-s/HELMS_RSX.pdf

My personal pc is down right now so I cant look up the COMPLETE harness diagrams for the rsx and civic on my Mitchel-On-Demand software...nor browse honda-tech during the weekend

anyway, using one of my old civic cluster conversion charts and the helms diagrams I whipped up this quick rsx-to-civic conversion chart.

http://www.geocities.com/_nitro_/clusterswap.html

oh yeah, its a crappy geoshitties page so it'll probably be down if too many people gander at the chart at once

As of right now it is of course incomplete as...according to the other threads noted, the temp gauge obviously will not function and from what I see in the wiring diagram, stuff like the trunk open light, seat belt indicator, etc, etc wont work either since it is all fed through the multiplex unit to the cluster.

Once I can get my mitchel up and running again I'll have a full diagram of the multiplex unit so I can figure out which wires to feed into it to get all those little lights working right.

Down side is regardless of this I dont think the Temp gauge will function since it feeds from the sensor into the ecu and then must go from the ecu to the multiplex unit via the ecu comm cable...well that and on page 22-174 of the rsx helms manual it says outright "The system controls the function of these circuits: Gauge assembly,temperature gauge, and indicator lights"

I wish I had a cluster in my hands so I could open it up and see how it hooks into the drive unit and the cpu. Mainly because I want to see if I can take the temp sensor feed and put it straight into the temp gauge and hardwire it to work that way after clipping it free of the cpu. Hell, all the cpu and drive unit do anyway are to separate/decode the digital signals from the multiplex unit back into analog anyway.

Um, main reason for posting this right now is in case anyone has already tried what I'm thinking about doing with the temp gauge and gotten it to work?

only other way I see it working is if you get an rsx ecu, give it power, and run the temp sensor feed through it, to the multiplex, and up to the cluster heh.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: RSX cluster into EK civic (stackz)

thx for the helms. i dont know if i will ever need it, but good luck on the gauge cluster swap. i think the integra cluster looks alot better then RSX, but everyone got different taste. i seen it done on 01 civic, it look alright. i think it will be different or off on the 96-00 civic. like i said it just my opinion. if you do get it done make sure you do a write up for us! hehe
Old 09-23-2005, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hrm this is pretty badass
Old 09-23-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: (C2daIzZle)

nice
Old 09-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (M2nR22)

i didn't look at any of his searches but i thought you needed the RSX ecu too....for the cluster to even function....sorry if i am an idiot and he already did a K swap into his car or somethin nice like that..
Old 09-23-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: (b16delteg)

Please take down the link to the Helms. The mods/admins get pissed when people post free links to it. Just trying to help you out.

on the conversion chart, that's really kickass.

I remember when I started wiring my RSX cluster into my car. I ended up getting side-tracked so it's half done. (For sale BTW).

Only problem is that the speedo won't work.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:42 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Default Re: (nota-eg)

sorry for the late reply since I dont have a home pc right now (actually JUST bought one on sunday but it's not hooked up to the net yet).

As for the link, I just pulled it straight from an old thread on here which is linked above so I'll take my chance for a second and wait for the mods to smack me in the head before editing it out.

What did you do as far as the speedo to try to get it to work nota-eg?? did you just try using the civic's VSS or did you try with the RSX VSS...or just didnt hook it up at all?

what all did you get working on yours when you had it wired in??
Old 09-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I may be able to help. One of my good friends from my hometown got it done to his EK, however he has a RSX Type S in his hatch. He got his wired up from a friend out of town. I'll ask him for his contact info as soon as I get a hold of him and I will post it up. It looks really clean too, because I havent seen it done before. Anyway, good luck with it.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX cluster into EK civic (ELUSIVESIR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ELUSIVESIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I may be able to help. One of my good friends from my hometown got it done to his EK, however he has a RSX Type S in his hatch. He got his wired up from a friend out of town. I'll ask him for his contact info as soon as I get a hold of him and I will post it up. It looks really clean too, because I havent seen it done before. Anyway, good luck with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Post pics I love their clusters
Old 09-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX cluster into EK civic (Civicman86)

bump for some help and some pics!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Default Re: RSX cluster into EK civic (ELUSIVESIR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ELUSIVESIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I may be able to help. One of my good friends from my hometown got it done to his EK, however he has a RSX Type S in his hatch. He got his wired up from a friend out of town. I'll ask him for his contact info as soon as I get a hold of him and I will post it up. It looks really clean too, because I havent seen it done before. Anyway, good luck with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, I know it can be done 100% and easily if you swap in the motor from the rsx. only makes sense to do it at that point.

we're just trying to get it into my brother's car which is still an almighty d-series

He doesnt really want to have to swap in the ecu from the rsx mainly because I can see all kinds of bad stuff if it doesnt get info from all the sensors it should, etc.

I'm pretty sure the temp gauge itself is still just like any other temp gauge with a needle...analog that receives an analog signal. It's just that it's connected to a cpu which decodes a digital signal and sends it the needed analog signal. at least this is what I'm hoping looks like we'll find out the hard way.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:38 AM
I hate everything

Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM

everyone says it cant be done and im convinced anythings possible so im gonna make it work in my ek...any luck with the one your talking about here
Old 06-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX cluster into EK civic (jdmpsicivic)

So if the temp. isnt functioning it might throw a cel?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX cluster into EK civic (FhCRubarb)

goodluck man....would be sweet to do in my car, if i wasnt selling it
Old 02-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RSX cluster into EK civic (Stingray96)

bump - anymore info

I have a cluster, multiplexor, full type-s (spare) interior harness & a k-swap
Old 10-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX cluster into EK civic

bringing this back from the past... are there any tech update on this? Is the multiplexer hurdle figured out yet? I've searched for days and havent seen anything. It is starting to seem like this would only work if K motor is swapped.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Try wiring directly to the motor.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im thinking of trying to wire the Modifry ECT chip. Similar to what S2000 cluster concept...