Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Removing the side.. stripe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the side.. stripe?

Alright. I'm a total newb to this site, but I happened to see a sticker on the side of a real nice white honda civic that rolled up where we were all hanging out. I drive.. well, not yet. I have a 1995 Honda Civic Ex Coupe VTEC that has driver side front end damage that I picked up for $600 bucks. Anyway, I've purchased a new driver side fender, new bumper, new headlights, new hood. Anyway, that's completely off topic. I'm sure most of you are like side stripe...wtf? Anyway, I'm talking about the plastic black line that goes along the side of the car. It's like 3:36am and I can't think of the word for it. Now I'm about to do all of the body work that needs to be done to the car, which includes straightening the front end of the frame out. I want to know how difficult it would be to pull those side things off and smooth it all out and just completely remove them and make it look like they were never there. Should I just bondo it or what? I was thinking bondo would crack with time, but I'm not 100% sure. So any tips on this would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm trying to think of paint job ideas for the car. A lot of my friends were thinking yellow with my black hood, but that just seems cliche to me. Another thing, I'm looking for a cheap mugen lip, preferably not carbon fiber, because being 17 and this being my first street race type of car, don't want to spend too much (plus I'm low on cash as it is.).

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:48 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Removing the side.. stripe? (xfletcherxx)

1. Please search first.
2. This is not a real technical question for the EG/EK forum, more cosmetic.
3. There is a product called "goo gone" that will help remove the glue on the pin stripe that runs along the side of a car.
4. If your refering to the black plastic that runs down the door, thats the side molding, and you're gonna have to take off the inside of the door panel to take off that part, and probably the front fender.
5. I reccomend getting a Helms manual.
6. When straighening a frame, have it checked professionally, with lines and guides and lasers and ****, cause the frame condition is your safety.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Removing the side.. stripe? (xfletcherxx)

Yessss!! I was first to respond to newb!!!!

Welcome to H-T.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Removing the side.. stripe? (Sixgundone)

Awww. damn it. Beat me to it.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:37 AM

Alright, thanks a lot. I ran a search but I didn't really know what to search for so I didn't find much help.

Thanks again though.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:00 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

I'm lost, are you talking about the moldings? Or the pin stripe?

If' it's the moldings you would first need remove the models and I would go against bondo and weld a peice of metal over it, sand it until it's smooth and paint it.

If it's your pinstripe, majority of them are stickers, but unlike mine, it's painted on . If it's a sticker, take a blow dryer to it, get it hot and peel it off, if it's painted on you're going to have to buff it out.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:11 PM

Alright. Thanks a lot. And yes I was talking about the molding. Anyway. Thanks again for all of the help. I'm actually pretty glad I found this website. Seems like a bunch of people who enjoy hondas.

I think I'll try the metal idea out if there aren't any other suggestions.