Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Remote Start and Keyless Entry Install, I NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start and Keyless Entry Install, I NEED HELP!

So I just decided to install an aftermarket remote start & keyless entry system from Bulldog Security into my 98 EX coupe. During this process I've ran into a couple of snags and I need some help from someone that has done this before. WIRING DIAGRAMS AND HOW I HAVE THINGS WIRED ARE LISTED AFTER PROBLEMS. Its a long post but please bear with and help!!

**Problem 1: Brake cancellation not working, AKA vehicle won't shut off without pressing button on remote **
Once I start the vehicle using the remote, It won't turn off once I press the brake like It should. I start the vehicle using the remote, get in the vehicle, turn the key over to the run position, drive the vehicle and when I turn the key to the off position, and remove the key, the vehicle stays running (I have to press the engine stop button on the remote to turn the car off If I started it using the remote start). I'm sure my problem lies in the connection I have between the remote start's brake wire input and the brake wire I connected it to. I was told to connect the system's Brake input wire to the green & white wire on the plug above the brake pedal. If this is wrong please let me know. If I should re connect it let me know. I used a quick splice and its possible that it didn't splice into a wire good enough to make the connection.

**Problem 2: I can not get the keyless entry to work properly (lock and unlock)**
While looking up the wiring diagram through bulldog security's website I see that the 98 civic ex is a type B lock system. However if I connect the wires like it tells me to, they do not lock or unlock using the remote. If someone has hooked the aftermarket keyless entry up and knows exactly how to hook these wires up please let me know. If u understand exactly how it needs wired, let me know. I tried how I thought the manuals said and its not working.

This is a link to bulldog security's Wiring Diagram for the civic:
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew...gdiagrams.aspx

This is a link to bulldog security's installation guide that shows the wires for what I'm installingage 14 (connecting harness) and Page 19 (Type B door lock)
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/manua...S1200B_WEB.pdf

Here is how I have the Wires For Everything Connected:

* Remote Start Kit Wire:Function - Connected with Vehicle Wire:Function

Green/White: Door Lock Input - Not Connected
Green/Black: Door Lock Output - Green/Orange: Power Unlock
Red/Black with Fuse: Power Source - Grounded to underneath dash
Blue/White: Door Lock Input - Not Connected
Blue/Black: Door Lock Output - Green/White: Power Lock

Blue/Black: Brake Input - Green/White: Brake Switch (At plug above brake pedal)
Red/Black: FASD Output - Not Used With 98 Civic
Black: Ground - Grounded To Frame
White: Neg Out When Running - I don't have it connected(if u know where it goes let me know)
Yellow: Antenna - Ran and underneath hood for signal
Black/White: Tach Input - I don't have it connected, Someone explaining where this wire is in the car will help
Black/Blue: Hood Pin Input - Not used with 98 civic
Violet: Dome Light Output - I have it connected to LEDS In dash
White/Red: Trunk Release Output - Not used with 98 Civic
Brown: Parking Light Output - Red/Black

ALL OF THE IGNITION & STARTER WIRES ARE CONNECTED PROPERLY. THE CAR DOES START USING BOTH THE REMOTE STARTER AND KEY WITHOUT A PROBLEM!

EVERYONE'S HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED. IF U NEED ANYTHING FROM ME IN ORDER TO HELP ME MORE I WILL BE CHECKING THIS MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY AND POSTING BACK UNTIL I GET THIS RIGHT.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPS.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:43 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: Remote Start and Keyless Entry Install, I NEED HELP!

Is the alarm configured to output a negative trigger for the door lock/unlock function? You didn't state what model of bulldog you're using.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bulldog kit I am using is the remote starter and keyless entry Model RS1100B/RS1200 Series
Old 03-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

What about my othe question?