Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rare JDM Parts...OEM EG6 P30 Airbox

Old 02-21-2015, 11:24 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Rare JDM Parts...OEM EG6 P30 Airbox

I've had my eye on these for some time. Being bored with the oversized pod filter & velocity stack banging around in my engine bay, I finally took the plunge and ordered them up. I figured I would share with everyone some interesting facts on my brand new OEM P30 EG6 Airbox. The part numbers are 17210-P30-000 for the lid, and 17240-P30-000 for the lower half.

The lid actually came from the US distribution and was only ever used on the 94-95 Del Sol VTEC. 96-97 Del Sol VTEC used the standard P07 airbox lid. I was told when ordering, this was the last one available in the US distribution network.

The major difference in the P30 lid over the P07 lid is the curved/radiused edges leading into the air tube, as well as the notched top corner of the square top. Standard P07 lid has sharp edges leading into the air tube.

The lower half of the P30 airbox was never sold in the States. It was only used on the EG6 SiR models in Japan (as far as I'm aware). The only difference between it and the P07 or P08 lower halves is this insulation blanket caged into the bottom. I'm guessing this feature was used to reduce the amount of engine bay heat getting absorbed by the incoming air. Kinda an odd unique feature if you ask me. I've seen this same insulation inside the EK9 Type-R airbox as well.

Close-up:

All the brand new OEM bits waiting to go in the car:

Installed and looking OEM. Now I just need to install the new valve cover hiding in a cabinet and cleanup the rest of the engine bay.

Hope someone finds this info usefull.

BTW: I had to order all 7 screws, 3 bushings & 3 bushing sleeves separately. Those bits are not included with the top or bottom of the airbox.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Re: Rare JDM Parts...OEM EG6 P30 Airbox

Thanks for sharing this! Where did you order the bottom half from? I am trying to figure out where the best place to buy OEM JDM parts is, or if it's even possible but looks like you have a way?

Originally Posted by 94eg!
I've had my eye on these for some time. Being bored with the oversized pod filter & velocity stack banging around in my engine bay, I finally took the plunge and ordered them up. I figured I would share with everyone some interesting facts on my brand new OEM P30 EG6 Airbox. The part numbers are 17210-P30-000 for the lid, and 17240-P30-000 for the lower half.

The lid actually came from the US distribution and was only ever used on the 94-95 Del Sol VTEC. 96-97 Del Sol VTEC used the standard P07 airbox lid. I was told when ordering, this was the last one available in the US distribution network.

The major difference in the P30 lid over the P07 lid is the curved/radiused edges leading into the air tube, as well as the notched top corner of the square top. Standard P07 lid has sharp edges leading into the air tube.

The lower half of the P30 airbox was never sold in the States. It was only used on the EG6 SiR models in Japan (as far as I'm aware). The only difference between it and the P07 or P08 lower halves is this insulation blanket caged into the bottom. I'm guessing this feature was used to reduce the amount of engine bay heat getting absorbed by the incoming air. Kinda an odd unique feature if you ask me. I've seen this same insulation inside the EK9 Type-R airbox as well.

Close-up:

All the brand new OEM bits waiting to go in the car:

Installed and looking OEM. Now I just need to install the new valve cover hiding in a cabinet and cleanup the rest of the engine bay.

Hope someone finds this info usefull.

BTW: I had to order all 7 screws, 3 bushings & 3 bushing sleeves separately. Those bits are not included with the top or bottom of the airbox.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:39 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wxman94ej1
Thanks for sharing this! Where did you order the bottom half from? I am trying to figure out where the best place to buy OEM JDM parts is, or if it's even possible but looks like you have a way?
I've used jp-carparts.com

eH.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eHMxhACk
I've used jp-carparts.com

eH.
I've checked them out. I am concerned about customs and/or importation fees? Did you just use their standard EMS international mail service, or use DHL? Did you have to pay the shipper any fees at delivery? Thanks!
Old 10-06-2016, 02:41 PM
yippee-ki-yay

I've checked them out. I am concerned about customs and/or importation fees? Did you just use their standard EMS international mail service, or use DHL? Did you have to pay the shipper any fees at delivery? Thanks!
It was almost as easy as a domestic online dealership. Just submit a request for part(s). They'll email you back, usually after a day or so, to let you know whether the part is in stock or obtainable and the total cost with shipping. I found everything to be very reasonable. I believe they sent it EMS and I didn't pay any additional cost once the part arrived.

Twice the part has been discontinued in Japan and once they were able to fulfill the order.

You'll have to make sure you're ordering the correct part as their website will list anywhere from one to five different part numbers for the same part.

eH.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:05 PM
#1 Super Guy

I use Amayama.com. They are great. Prices are cheaper than JP-CarParts too (also usually cheaper than USA online dealers). Only problem is you have to submit an inquiry, rather than simply load up a shopping cart & pay. That means there is a delay as they check with their local dealerships for parts availability. They usually get back within a day unless it's over the weekend. Use JP-Carparts to look up the JDM part #'s you need.

Their shipping prices are also okay unless you order a lot of things (or large things). The amazing thing is parts get to the US super fast. Usually less than 5 days. Also they arrived really well packed. Takes a long time to get down to the goods inside.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I cannot express how helpful this is. I will give one of these a shot and see what I can do! I'll report back with any success on this thread. Thanks again everyone.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I use the SIRII airbox, I got it from hmotorsonline.com, I also use a k&n drop in, I believe its the same as the one above. The only difference I can see from the stock 93 si box is the tube and the inlet on the top half of the box are larger diameter than the stock si box

don't know if you can tell from the pic

link to hmo

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/wh...l.php?prodID=8
Old 10-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I used a box from a Z6 and a intake pipe from an H23 on my old B16. Fit great and super cheap.

The diameter of the box outlet was slightly larger than the B16 throttle body.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:18 PM
#1 Super Guy

Originally Posted by egsleepercivic
I use the SIRII airbox, I got it from hmotorsonline.com, I also use a k&n drop in, I believe its the same as the one above. The only difference I can see from the stock 93 si box is the tube and the inlet on the top half of the box are larger diameter than the stock si box

don't know if you can tell from the pic

link to hmo

Whats New At hmotorsonline.com®
I went to H-motors....Their air-boxes sit in a giant pile on the warehouse floor. They didn't have a single EG6 airbox that was in remotely good condition. Every single one had some piece broken off of it. At this point, any used parts are pretty darn old. Finding like-new condition ones is not easy.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:06 PM
yippee-ki-yay

I use Amayama.com. They are great. Prices are cheaper than JP-CarParts too (also usually cheaper than USA online dealers). Only problem is you have to submit an inquiry, rather than simply load up a shopping cart & pay. That means there is a delay as they check with their local dealerships for parts availability. They usually get back within a day unless it's over the weekend. Use JP-Carparts to look up the JDM part #'s you need.

Their shipping prices are also okay unless you order a lot of things (or large things). The amazing thing is parts get to the US super fast. Usually less than 5 days. Also they arrived really well packed. Takes a long time to get down to the goods inside.
I just put in an order with Amayama. So far they've been faster with their responses than had jp-carparts. I like their "my account" section of the website. You don't get any of that with jp-carparts. I'll update when my parts arrive, I just paid this evening.

eH.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

Received 189 Likes on 164 Posts

This thread is $.

I have a B18C1 in my EH3 ('94 Civic Si w/ ABS) and the swap came with a generic air filter/intake that I found has been rubbing on my AC and ABS lines - not good!

Is there a stock air box & intake that will work well for this swap?

I tried asking in the Hybrid section and got nothing...
Old 11-09-2016, 02:33 PM
#1 Super Guy

This air-box will work with ANY swap so long as you can come with a 3" intake tube that will connect the air-box to the throttle body. I know the B18C1 has a lower throttlebody than the B16 or B18C5. A 3" flex coupling like the one I'm using may offer enough angle to make it work.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by BryanM.
I used a box from a Z6 and a intake pipe from an H23 on my old B16. Fit great and super cheap.

The diameter of the box outlet was slightly larger than the B16 throttle body.
Uh, can you help a brother out? I am not smart enough to order a Z6 airbox or H23 pipe. I know the H23 is an engine - Prelude? What is Z6? Would these fit my EG w/ b18c1? How would I find these pieces, what year/vehicle do I need to look for?

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:38 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Originally Posted by 94 Civic Si
Uh, can you help a brother out? I am not smart enough to order a Z6 airbox or H23 pipe. I know the H23 is an engine - Prelude? What is Z6? Would these fit my EG w/ b18c1? How would I find these pieces, what year/vehicle do I need to look for?

Thanks.
There are a few options. If you'd like to retain a stock B18C1 setup , here's one option: ITR airbox holder in eg

Search google as well. Use terms like "gsr airbox in eg".

eH.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Premium Member

There are a few options. If you'd like to retain a stock B18C1 setup , here's one option: ITR airbox holder in eg

Search google as well. Use terms like "gsr airbox in eg".

eH.
Thanks.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Premium Member

This air-box will work with ANY swap so long as you can come with a 3" intake tube that will connect the air-box to the throttle body. I know the B18C1 has a lower throttlebody than the B16 or B18C5. A 3" flex coupling like the one I'm using may offer enough angle to make it work.
Thanks, I will measure the intake tube that came with my craptastic filter. It has a flex coupling to the GSR intake, I think it is a reducer as well, so I may be SOL.

Flex couplings from a turbo site good?
Old 11-12-2016, 09:01 AM
#1 Super Guy

A cheap 3" 92-95 Civic intake cut/shortened should work perfectly. Yes a cheap silicone flex coupler will do since it doesn't have to hold boost. I got the ones shown above on e-bay for cheap in early 2015, but it looks like that seller is gone now.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:12 AM
Premium Member

I cannot express how helpful this is. I will give one of these a shot and see what I can do! I'll report back with any success on this thread. Thanks again everyone.
Did you order these pieces?
Old 11-19-2016, 07:46 PM
yippee-ki-yay

I just put in an order with Amayama. So far they've been faster with their responses than had jp-carparts. I like their "my account" section of the website. You don't get any of that with jp-carparts. I'll update when my parts arrive, I just paid this evening.

eH.
Parts arrived yesterday. I will definitely use Amayama again.

eH.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Parts arrived yesterday. I will definitely use Amayama again.

eH.
Thanks for letting us know! What did you order? Seems like it was pretty fast to get!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:41 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Thanks for letting us know! What did you order? Seems like it was pretty fast to get!
Just some small replacement parts for my Recaro seats. They shipped it fast and well. I ordered five small pieces and they packaged it in bubble wrap and a 8x6x2 box.

Pic taken for the Internet. Same parts though.

eH.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:59 AM
#1 Super Guy

I've ordered from Amayama about a dozen times. Definitely one of the best around. Now if only Honda would start making new parts for their old cars again.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:47 AM
I took way too long

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tried to order these items from Amayama and there is no stock left over there!!
Old 11-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by slowman
Tried to order these items from Amayama and there is no stock left over there!!
That's a bummer!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rare JDM Parts...OEM EG6 P30 Airbox