Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Radiador Support Change labor cost?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiador Support Change labor cost?

Ok, before I ask I will say that I searched through this forum at least to get an approximate idea on labor cost for what I need, but only found one response of 'Approx $800' For 'Hood, bumper, rad support, fenders, labor and paint'.

I rear ended someone in my sol a while back and need to get it fixed now that I have the money. I believe I have all the parts needed, including a new rad support itself and all the misc. peices that attach to it. My friend sent me to a shop he's delt with in the past stating that they were trust worthy and wouldn't rip me off, but when I got there, he quoted me as little as $700 and as much as $1K! Depending on 'what else is bent, and what parts and nuts and bolts and grommets and things I need to get for it'. I feel he is trying to shaft me. Am I right? Or is that a decent price for just the labor? Like I said I have all the parts. I'm not concerned w/ paint yet as I'm still waiting for my kit to come in and I want the entire car repainted soon. He said 1 fender looked slightly bent and would have to be straighted. Other than that though, he gave me no justification of why it might be $1000. Any help/suggestions in this area would be Greatly appreciated!

I'm even considering going as far as doing it all myself, just having a mobile welding company come out and spot weld the new support on when I get it temporarily bolted and lined up properly. From what I've read it would be the cheapest solution. Has anyone here done this, and if so how long did it take you approximately? Thanks again,

Kevin...
Old 02-10-2004, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Radiador Support Change labor cost? (kmccann1)

Upper radiator core support?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Radiador Support Change labor cost? (b16ahybrid)

What do you mean by upper? Its the entire core support. I didn't realize there was an upper and lower. Am I missing something?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:29 AM

yeah, there is an upper and lower radiator core support.
I got into an accident about a year ago. I messed up my hood and bent my upper radiator core support. I bought a new hood had it painted, and bought a front clip (that included the upper and lower core supports) for $150. cut the old one off, welded the new one on. It was a lot easier and cheaper then trying to grind down the welds and replacing the upper core support..
Old 02-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought my stuff from a place that wholesales oem honda parts. 150 for hood, 200 for both fenders, 100 for radiator support, and 75 for bumper. installed it all myself. and paint was 400 and it was blended into my doors.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Radiador Support Change labor cost? (PhreeStyleHB)

I must have both the upper and lower supports then. The piece I received was all 1 unit, but it was cut back at the shock towers. (Its used but in perfect condition - I just wish I had got a better price on it). Judging from your replies, I'm guessing you think I should tackle it myself and save the money. Thats the way I'm leaning now, but I just want to know if $700-1K was fair or not.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump for the night and for some more opinions!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the whole upper/lower thing cut off a junkyard, charged me a whole $200 for it. Then I had my dad weld it on for me, he works repairing miliary ships and he's quite a pro. Unfortunately, I was waiting for a hood so to get the old smashed hood closed, I had to jump on it. Well that bent my upper radiator support and that's where I am now. Hoodlights face the ground and I can't find a good body shop. And my stupid VS1 CF hood doesn't fit worth a ****. **** ARD chula vista damn lying asses.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Radiador Support Change labor cost? (shaundrake)

Oh BTW that price range sounds fair. If you want it cheaper, do it yourself.