Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1997 Honda Civic EX EK B18A1 Q's

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 1997 Honda Civic EX EK B18A1 Q's

Whats up guys I have a few questions.

My car is currently experiencing some Over Heating issues.

I did a B18A1 swap into my 97 EK.

Setup is as follows:

B18A1
GSR HYDRO TRANNY
6PUCK CLUTCH w/PPlate.
Lightened Flywheel
PR4 OBD1 LS ECU
OBD2A to OBD1 ECU Jumper
OBD2 Injectors PnP with Harness
OBD2 Integra LS Dizzy PnP with Harness
Stock Single Cam 5wire O2 Sensor from the y8 I believe. ( dont have an o2 CEL but is this still a problem? )

Things that I have done to try and solve my over heating issue.

I had a Bad Thermo that was stuck and after running the car straight without a Thermo it wouldn't get hot but when I'd be driving it would go slightly over half way but then would go down once I got on it on the freeway assuming it was cooling it with the air flow. I've left the top radiator hose off that comes off the head with the radiator full to see if the water pump would push out the water and it did, does that mean my water pump is good? Or did someone tell me a false way of checking this? I have no leaks from hoses. I've pulled my Radiator and ran the water hose threw it and it has good water flow and was clean so its not the Radiator being clogged. At first my fans weren't coming on but I checked all my fuses and they were good so I just decided to throw the fan on a switch while I figured out my Over Heating issue. Oh yeah and when I filled up my Coolant I had the blower on heat on max settings while the car on and topping off as needed and watched for air bubbles, also squeezed my hoses. I have no smoke that indicates a Headgasket, I did a fresh oil change 2days ago and haven't driven much but my oil still looks new and I dont see signs of Coolant. Ideas?

Anybody know if there are any differences in Hose/Coolant Hoses between EK's and DA's with B18A's? Im pretty sure I have all my lines correct but it could be something small I over looked or something.

I will upload pictures ASAP off the engine bay.