Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Pulled over............COP was full of it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over............COP was full of it!

So yesterday me and a friend were on our way from the store when i pulled up to this light. After the light turned green i pulled off and was immediately lit up by the police. after pulling over he goes through his little song and dance and asks me if i have any warrants or weapons in the car? WTF .......First i ask why am i being pulled over? He responds with " Your upper break light on the hatch is out" but the other 2 work and most cars dont even come with this option. Anyways after screwing with my car and my passenger who happens to be out of state he asks me to pop my hood. "****" the day i have dreaded for so long .....i going to get reffed and impounded and blah blah anyways he looks around spots my headers are not legal and tells me to close the hood . he then runs me and my friends record.......after the dispatch confirms who i'am he leaves me alone and even apologizes.....he then porceeds to screw with my passenger who just so happens to have a restraing order against him but in another state. My passenger tells the cop that he has been instructed not to say anything pretaining to the case but the cop presists. after he pats my passenger down and tells him to sit in the car " HE RUNS OR RECORDS A 2ND TIME" the whole ordeal lasted about 45 min ......after asking if we were gang bangers, drug users and car jackers.

he clearly had no reason to pull me over just 2 African American males in a car going home

After all is said and done he lets us go .....no TICKET......
I'm so confused ....and pissed its not even funny.
I'm thinking of filing a Harassment suit
Old 07-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pulled over............COP was full of it! (EK79)

file a complaint. i hear if you do that officer cant get promoted for 6 months or so.. but of course you need the badge number... real quick also you dont have to pop your hood.. if they want to be gay t hey can impound your car til they get a warrent to do so.. inless ur hood pop thing is broken and you yourself cant open it.. stuff like that happened to me alot when i was younger. i since then changed all my bulbs to led so they never go out. currently have a stock exhaust so i dont get harrassed at all.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Pulled over............COP was full of it! (john666)

so if i say no i dont want to pop my hood they will think im hiding something and possibly impound it right......why take that chance....i mean he didnt give me a ticket but he was clearly being a dick ....all he said was change my headers...
also he harrassed my friend asking him questions that were way out of hand and context .......what i abou that
Old 07-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in texas being black and driving a civic just dont mix well, i had one cop swore up and down that i was driving sombody else car even tho the tags come back as mines . ..WHAT.... BLACK PEOPLE CANT DRIVE HONDAS?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They cant make you pop your hood unless your racing, or you give consent. You and your buddy should go to the station and file a complaint...
Old 07-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

like i said if you have the badge number file a complaint. cant exactly go into the police station and describe the cop and get the info that way.. im just telling you what choices are available. you do not have to let them search your car.. if something like a weapon or drugs etc is in open sight and they see it they can begin a search but besides that its your right to let or not let them search. until they get a warrant. to be honest im guessing your fairly young thats why they did you that way.. since the younger crowd is unfamiliar with laws and etc.. im sure there is a post someplace regarding poping your hood with a bit more detailed info.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:45 AM

no I'm 26 and a Ranger in the army i just fit the description of most
athletic build
black tattoos etc.

passenger 25
baggy clothes, unshaven, street slang
midwest accent

so i think its racial profiling personlly

Old 07-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That is bs man. I would go down there asap.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pulled over............COP was full of it! (cambopheonix56)

its bs but has no reason to be in tech.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

o yeah.. no tech.. but all i can say is.
read up a bit on the laws. and your rights. i have a lawyer on speed dial.. nobody bugs me when i tell them that lol..
Old 07-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Super Trooper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Super Trooper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They cant make you pop your hood unless your racing, or you give consent. You and your buddy should go to the station and file a complaint...</TD></TR></TABLE>
they can make you pop your hood anytime. if you dont pop your hood then they can arrest you and impound your car. there was video that show police training about popping your hood but i guess too many people saw it and they deleted the video.