Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Problems with the window rolling up correctly.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with the window rolling up correctly.

Hey guys, I've been having a problem with my driver side window. Since I bought the car the window rolls up crooked. It keeps wanting to force its way out of the weather stripping/track thingy. I took the window out and also replaced the weather stripping because I thought that might be causing the problem. I know it's really hard to say exactly what could be causing it to roll up crooked, but do you guys think it could possibly be the regulator?(I think thats what its called).

It's a manual window and the car is a 92si. The car has been broken into by having the window flexed backwards which is probably where the problem had originated, but i wasn't the owner at that time so i can't say for sure.

The only way that I can get it to roll up somewhat correctly is by pushing the window with my hand while im rolling it up to keep it from rolling crooked. Has anyone had this problem before? Right now i've pretty much narrowed it down to the window reg, but i'm confused because isn't the track that the window slides in supposed to keep it in place while the window reg just does the pushing, not the guiding? <--- confusing.

Are there any parts of the window that I could inspect for tell-tale signs of something being fucked up?

OT:- Anyone have a manual window reg for sale for 92-95civic hatch/coupe?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Problems with the window rolling up correctly. (The-Beast)

ok...MANUAL WINDOW REGULATORS???? dude thats your arm...
someone correct me if im wrong.

I honestly think if someone broke into the car by popping the window out then that little aluminum arm that pushes the window up is now bent. Your right, it only does the pushing and the seals/stripping do the guiding BUT in your case it seems the tray/arm is doing the guiding... guiding the window OUT cuz its bent..
Old 05-19-2005, 04:41 AM

I have this same problem, but I have power windows, the problem I think is where the glass attaches to the regulator, if it gets loose it tilts up, and when you close the window it causes the rear of the glass to roll up first instead of evenly with the front.

I'm going to try to address this problem this weekend because I too had replaced the moldings and weather stripping, and I was pissed when it broke the moldings again the next day, those are like $20/pop from the dealer.....
Old 05-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pioneer162)

ok ok.. the first post i kinda rushed cuz i was in class. let me tell you what to do cuz i had the same problem:

Right now your window probably feels stiff as **** and/or it stops goin up/down yet the rollers spinning freely.

Take off the door panel

peel back (carefully to try to keep from tearing) as much of the tarp **** as possible

There youll see the arm that the window sits on

Trace it down to where its bolted in the door

There should be i think 4 bolts?

Your problem is there coming loose (or worse case senerio, the whole arms bent), causing the arm hoisting up the glass to tilt/go on an angle, which in turn leads to your window pushing it self out the molding/stripping.

Tighten them up after placing the window back on track as much as possible.

Slowly turn the handle whichever way while helping the window get back on track.

Once its back in, try it a few times to make sure its in place.

Now, put everything else back together. The moisture seal/tarp ****, you can use like an adhesive to get it back on if its not staying on.

Theres a pin to getting the Window roller arm off, its a bitch, if you cant get it off, let me know and ill help ya out.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HatchEh2)

man hatcheh2 is right it is a bitch they broke into my car and the hardest part was getting the arm off everything else was easy to see and fix
Old 05-20-2005, 12:10 AM

my writeup if you need it. I suggest replacing the regulator.
the last few pictures in the writeup show the nylon wheel that broke off the arm, and also how the arm was bent. that is what was causing my window to come out of the track.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1246267
Old 05-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (logikalfury)

wow dude i appreciate that link.

I'm going to check for those nylon rings. hope thats what the problem is. I dont want it to get anymore complicated then that
Old 05-20-2005, 12:38 AM

im having the same problem too in a way.. not as bad

my window (driver side) when rolling up, wants to slide forward... the result is i dont get a complete seal, so driving sometimes i get a nice whistle.. plus my windows are stock tint, and when the windows closed u can see a nice clear area by the seatbelt.. seems to be getting worse

i opened up my door and crap and didnt see any loose bolts.. maybe ill have to loosen them and adjust it and tighten it again