Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

No power when pressing gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No power when pressing gas pedal

i have a 96 civic dx hatch 1.6 and im having this same problem my check engine light is on also i cant find out why because when i plug the scanner to it it reeds no data or no connection all my fuses are good i replaced the ignition coil and the TPS i can floor it but it accelerates gradually like its lazy i check the air intake and its not taking in air i know i have said a mouth full but i would like to find a solution instead of looking for a new engine its my first honda ever
Old 04-26-2014, 12:56 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: No power when pressing gas pedal

Originally Posted by Outrun
I'll show you descriptive:

A previous problem my 94 Civic EX had was that it had no power when pressing the gas pedal. From a complete stop I would go into first gear and in order to get moving I would have to floor it. The car would not accelerate for maybe two seconds before the RPM increased and the car started accelerating like normal. I would sometimes rev the engine in neutral and slip the clutch in order to get going. Turned out my engine timing was way off.

That's how you frakkin' describe a possible "No power when pressing gas pedal" problem.

So when you press the gas and the car doesn't accelerate, what are you doing? Is the pedal to the floor? Are you slightly pressing the pedal like you would in a car with no problems?

What do you mean by "not accelerating"? Is the car staying at a steady speed of 0 or 1mph or is it increasing in speed but at a slow rate?

What is the engine doing? Is the RPM increasing? Does the engine get loud?

It's annoying reading so many posts by people with poor grammar, bad spelling, or just otherwise can't get their damn point across. I see the same **** in papers written by college students.