Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

sound deadening removal problems....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm a Jackass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sound deadening removal problems....

Got most of the deadening removed... was done for the night still needed to remove the deadening on the wheel well...
so...

Today got all the adehesive up and out.. and started on the wheel wells.. and well.. ITS IMPOSSIBLE.. Its super super hard and a scraper won't work at all... I dont think dry ice would have any effect on it since its not gooey or soft...

what did you guys do.. Thinking about taking a heat gun do it... I dunno Its super cold here and the other sound deadening came up pretty easily. Suggestions?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Christ, why do you want to remove the seam sealer?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: (umop-apisdn)

Yeah I wouldn't remove the seam sealer.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:50 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rust is the biggest weight reduction of all. When your trunk falls out ... then you won't have to worry about it anymore.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: (Eran)

wtf.. are you guys talking about.. i havent removed any of the seam sealer......

back on subject..

Hmm.. rust forming when paint is covering everything.... hmm.. thats new for me.....all the gray areas is oem primer slick
Old 02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: (Takymoto)

see the black stuff..... onn the wheel well also known as "sound deadening"..... that is what i need to remove....
Old 02-24-2007, 03:00 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rust is the biggest weight reduction of all. When your trunk falls out ... then you won't have to worry about it anymore.</TD></TR></TABLE>

/thread

Hit it. It breaks.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: (Mr. Projekt)

guess your guy's knowledge is limited to installing intakes......
Old 02-24-2007, 03:12 PM
HT White Ops

I am very aware that gray paint = primer. I'm talking about if you split your seam seal, then you expose bare metal and other surfaces to tons of moisture that will build up inside your trunk. You've removed quite a bit, just leave the other stuff behind. You only save like 20lbs TOTAL when removing all of it. The last remaining 1 LB of deadening isn't going to slow down your mad fast Honda.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Takymoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guess your guy's knowledge is limited to installing intakes...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Guess not.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:13 PM

i went at it hardcore with an air chisel. just be real careful not to dent/put a hole through the metal. take a shallow angle and you should be fine.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm a Jackass

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am very aware that gray paint = primer. I'm talking about if you split your seam seal, then you expose bare metal and other surfaces to tons of moisture that will build up inside your trunk. You've removed quite a bit, just leave the other stuff behind. You only save like 20lbs TOTAL when removing all of it. The last remaining 1 LB of deadening isn't going to slow down your mad fast Honda.

Guess not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't removed any of the seam seal............ I dont know where you keep seeing this... See the black swatches on the wheel well.. thats sound deadening.. I need it removed.. im painting my interior.. thats why i removed the sound deadening, .. You obviously have never done this before.. so why post??????
Old 02-24-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm a Jackass

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Guess not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and.. you should have said "guess so" ... but yea. .you fail once again in the post
Old 02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Takymoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and.. you should have said "guess so" ... but yea. .you fail once again in the post</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you shouldn't assume that people don't know anything because they're not stupid enough to strip their sound deadening. You don't need to remove it to paint your car.

Have you ever even painted? How did Honda magically paint over the sound deadening, yet you have to remove it?

You seem to be even stupider than you first appeared.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm a Jackass

do you know how painting over sound deadening looks/?? ohh well no you dont.. but it looks like ***. thats what it looks like..... Sound deadening only serves that purpose.. and well as you can see.. im not to worry about how loud my car is on the inside...(well maybe you can't see that, you don't seem very bright)

You think your some god of this forum.... well until you have tried and done everything keep that mouth shut if you have no idea what your talking about..

I asked a simple question on what do to with the sound deadening on the wheel well.. YOU HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING WITH TRUNK.. yet... your high horse self kicked in and thought it'd be cool to show what a badass you are...psshh..... more like dumbass... Next time.. think to yourself.."do i know what im talking about here" before you go typing
Old 02-24-2007, 03:48 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Takymoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you know how painting over sound deadening looks/?? ohh well no you dont.. but it looks like ***. thats what it looks like..... ..

You think your some god of this forum.... well until you have tried and done everything keep that mouth shut if you have no idea what your talking about..

I asked a simple question on what do to with the sound deadening on the wheel well.. YOU HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING WITH TRUNK.. yet... your high horse self kicked in and thought it'd be cool to show what a badass you are...psshh..... more like dumbass... Next time.. think to yourself.."do i know what im talking about here" before you go typing </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know removing sound deadening is a waste of time for anything other than a drag car. And I know how paint looks over sound deadening .... oh yeah .... it looks just like it did from the factory.

I've painted car parts. I've removed sound deadening. I've done anything you've brought up in this thread. I'm no god, but I'm not the retard in the picture you like to paint.

Go play in traffic if you're going to have a hissy fit.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:52 PM
HT White Ops

For the record, this is the black stuff I was referring to .... on your seam seal.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm a Jackass

and.... neither of those areas you circled are on the wheel well. WHICH I SO PLAINLY ASKED HOW TO REMOVE there on the trunk floor..... and again.. you are an idiot
Old 02-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm a Jackass

what... no more jackass comments.. hmm wonder why
Old 02-24-2007, 04:16 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Takymoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what... no more jackass comments.. hmm wonder why</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because I'm done talking to you because it's not worth my time? Hmm, sounds about right.

Aren't you PearElectron on ClubCivic? Yeah, you're retard there too.

No wonder nobody likes you.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how did you clean up the small deading left overs?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sound deadening removal problems.... (Takymoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Takymoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Today got all the adehesive up and out.. and started on the wheel wells.. and well.. ITS IMPOSSIBLE.. Its super super hard and a scraper won't work at all... I dont think dry ice would have any effect on it since its not gooey or soft... </TD></TR></TABLE>
It works for everyone else. Spend $5 and 20 minutes of your time and stop bitching.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used dry ice and 3m adhesive remover.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: sound deadening removal problems.... (SoCal EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoCal EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It works for everyone else. Spend $5 and 20 minutes of your time and stop bitching. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lets think about this... whats dry ice do? makes it hard and brittle.... like i said its already super hard... it just comes off in dust particles almost.. its not the same sound deadening used on the floor
Old 02-24-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: (harlen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by harlen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how did you clean up the small deading left overs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

aircraft stripper works really well
Old 02-24-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm a Jackass

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because I'm done talking to you because it's not worth my time? Hmm, sounds about right.

Aren't you PearElectron on ClubCivic? Yeah, you're retard there too.

No wonder nobody likes you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah.. resort to attacking me with stupid 6th grade comments ... REAL COOL
grow up man... and when you actually have some time in, in modding your own car let me know

Quick Reply: sound deadening removal problems....