Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need some input on SR*S Catback (ebay exhaust)

Old 04-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (mizzoEG)

I had one on my 99 Si. I bought it that way. It's actually for sale right now. It sounds a little like a WRX, actually.

It rubs on your LCA if you're lowered or you have passengers.

Buy mine. Pm me.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (PI$TOL)

looks hella clean
Old 04-21-2008, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (B serious)

thanks for the offer B serious, but I already got mine just didn't install it yet. Plus you said its for a 99 Si, mine is for 92-95 Hatchbacks. Hopefully it won't rub my Rear LCA's because i got some new blox silver lca's ready to go on with a drop from tein s-techs.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM

I'm on a quick break, so here it goes.

On my 94 Hatch, it seemed a little long. The rear section fits great and mine is lowered around 2" I believe and it doesn't rub.

THERE ARE FITMENT ISSUES though. For one, my long section seemed like 1/2" or so too long. This doesn't sound like much, but it puts the s turn too close to the heat shield on the last bend. I had to cut out a piece of the heat shield b/c one the exhaust got moving, it rattled. That seems to have taken care of the problem.

Also, my muffler didn't touch the bumper, until it started moving a lot and then it did. I also cut of a small little section of the bumper so it wouldn't touch. However, I had this problem with my last muffler too. If you don't feel like cutting that you may be able to bench the hangers a little bit to make it not do that. After those two things it fits pretty good. My exhaust still gets to shaking a lot at stops, which I can't understand how b/c I can't push on it and get it to budge really. It seems really solid, so maybe its something that my headers or idling does. You may not have a bumper issue if yours doensn't idle like mine.

Overall, great for $150 bucks. It's too loud without the silencer in, but it sounds really low and great. I put the silencer in and adjusted the holes to half closed and it still has a deep nice tone, but not too loud. No rapsy-ness at all like my last muffler. THis sounds great, but it really needs to be a tad shorter on the long section, and the muffler should hang a tad bit lower, but not much.

I'll try to get pics of what we cut too so you can see
Old 04-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is it 2.5? or 2.25?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Default Re: (bigsyke)

I believe 2.25" It's a heck of a lot bigger than my stock pipe.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Nickboxer7)

Why not get an RS*R?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:44 PM

I got the SRS exhaust for my wifes wrx when we first got it just temporarily and it started 2 have surface rust after a month.. it sounded good but rusted quick good thing it was tempoorary we switched to the apex'i N1
Old 04-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Default Re: (D50boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D50boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why not get an RS*R?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats like saying, "why not get an Apex'i N1"

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evokillers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got the SRS exhaust for my wifes wrx when we first got it just temporarily and it started 2 have surface rust after a month.. it sounded good but rusted quick good thing it was tempoorary we switched to the apex'i N1</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't think it would've rusted through tho... its not like it was fully covered in surface rust.. maybe just a few small spots...
Old 04-21-2008, 06:58 PM

Default Re: (bpr0422)

If stock pipe take 15 years to rust through, no way this stuff will that soon.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:14 PM

mine rusted a few months, somewhere around there, but the element of nature does play a little with the exhaust. where i live it does rain and snow aloot..soooo...there goes the rust problem
Old 04-21-2008, 08:29 PM

Default Re: (NotAdelslow)

Yours rusted through? I'm not talking about surface rust. I live in the Midwest where the rust never stops lol.

But I really can't imagine it rusting through in months. If that happened you should have contacted the manufacturer. Even just cheapo pipe wont rust through that fast.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:26 AM

well...you right i should of...but i sold it for the price i bought it for muahahaha. built a custom exhaust...idk why i did it but it did save me money. GSR muffler with a GSR resonator pipe. Mid pipe was custom... just tried looking stock as much as possible
Old 04-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the exhaust sounds nice.Eventually its gonna rust but i think its pretty good.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:57 AM

Default Re: (Kaiyoken)

It sounds hella good. I don't really care about surface rust b/c who even looks under my car? Looks 100% better than stock pipe. I just don't like rusting through. My old fart can muffler had light surface rust around but not a whole lot.

I love the sound of this thing. I have the silencer in halfway closed. It keeps a deeper tone, although the silencer gives an airy sound in the back. It stays low sounding and doesn't get very loud in the car.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol @ SR*S riding the RS*R name.

And I can promise you, the OEM pipe lasting 15 years has no effect on how long that fleabay pipe will last. They could be completely different steel alloys.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

couldnt you paint the exhaust?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 PM

Default Re: (bigsyke)

what you mean paint?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NotAdelslow)

Umm??

U could sand it down and paint it with high-temp paint so it doesnt rust.

I was thinking about getting this same exhaust for my coupe but never did. After reading all the good stuff about it, i might just have to buy it =D
Old 04-30-2008, 05:38 PM

Default Re: (VtecCivic93)

hows everyones catback holding up? didn't install mine yet, trying to finish some of the suspension first .
Old 04-30-2008, 05:43 PM

Default Re: (mizzoEG)

I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow. Still sounds good.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my srs exhaust sounds great as well... i also had teh issue with the bumper touching.....and i cut like a quarter inch off teh bumper and it doesnt touch any more.....3 months and still no surface rust here..and it does sound better with the silencer out, but too loud without it...
Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 AM

Default Re: (themorphious)

I bolted the SR*S Catback on last night and I had pretty much the same issues as Nickboxer7. The exhaust seems pretty solid and steady but it had a tight fit on the resonator and s-pipe rubber hangers. I bolted on a straight through "hi-flow cat" with the exhaust and it's pretty loud, I did not test the exhaust with the silencer yet. I plan on getting another stock oem catalytic converter down the line to bring the noise down a bit.

Well, here's my opinion on nissangtrpowers ebay exhaust.. I'm not critizing this exhaust, just informing my experience with it for the need of others. The tone of the exhaust is too loud (without silencer) for my taste and could be quieter. As far as fitment issues go, it was decent but required some hassle to get things right and the muffler really could of been shorter by atleast 2-3 inches, it pretty much pokes out there and is just a little too long imo. For the long term results (rusting, sound quality, etc.), I still have yet to come and will input on them later.

Overall, the SR*S Catback exhaust is a great exhaust for the price you pay regaurdless. I'm pretty happy with the results and I don't have much regret purchasing it, but it is definitely not the best exhaust out there. If you want a truly low deep tone good quality exhaust, I recommend doubling your money and getting something else instead. Thanks guys.

Modified by mizzoEG at 1:17 PM 5/7/2008
Old 05-07-2008, 10:44 AM

Default Re: (mizzoEG)

if it was ebay.. it was 150.. so you would need to tripple or quadruple your money...

i think a common problem with the ebay exhaust is how they clock the flange that you bolt the cat to... its off by a few degrees...

when i installed my tsudo one, i had to remove one of the middle hangers first, before i could bolt it to the header.... then i spent some more time trying to force the hanger back on... eventually i got it...

as for it sticking out... on the EG hatches, the A'pexi N1 does stick out a bit, i've seen a few pictures of EGs that have an A'pexi N1, and they stick out 2-3 inches also.

right now however, there is this annoying rattle... i think the exhaust is hitting the bumper... i dunno how, cause there is more than enough room around it...

tho it only happens when the exhaust is pretty hot, and i let off the accelerator, i think i have to adjust my hangers or something...

i dunno how it would sound with a silencer, the tsudo one i bought is the burnt tipped one and that one doesn't come with a silencer... it is loud... but its deep... after you get used to it, you can control the noise level...

it also sounds awesome when your in a tunnel or underpass =D

imo, the N1 style isn't right for the eg, the car is too small, and a 4.5" opening isn't proportionate to the car...
if only ebay sellers got the hint that people want an aggressive sounding exhaust that isn't loud for less than $300, the only ones you find on there are N1 style...
Old 05-07-2008, 06:00 PM

Default Re: (bpr0422)

It is not too long on my hatch. It fits very well. It also doesn't look too big from the back.

To the rattle, leave it in gear, put the ebrake on, and go back and look. My pipe shakes like a **** after it gets hot or for some odd reason. All hangers are tight but it moves so much that it hits the rear bumper, even though when its off I can't hardly budge it. My exhaust has always done that though.

As to being too loud, YOU DON"T HAVE A CAT OR THE SILENCER IN!!! This is to the guy two posts above or whatever. How can you say it is too loud when you took out a key part in making it quiet and are running larger pipe with a straight through muffler? Any catback kit with no silencer and no cat will be HELLA loud.

I've had it on for like 3 weeks or so now, and it still looks good. No rust yet and I drive in rain a lot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some input on SR*S Catback (ebay exhaust)