Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My experience with total boost and JDM inc (which is total boost's connection)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experience with total boost and JDM inc (which is total boost's connection)

Ok guys i said we would have an update for today since today is tuesday. Nothing has been sent yet to fix anything and I really doubt it will. So far total boost has offered us $300.00 (which doesnt cover any of the parts hardly) and nesar said they would give us money for the axles (which is no good without the spindles). So basically even if we got these 2 things from them we still would need tons more money to cover the parts. Complete swaps usually include everything this one didn't. We were reassured we would recieve everything to convert a naturally aspirated 5sfe to a 3sgte turbo mr2. We didnt. Also our customer is has just returned from baghdad last week and wanted to take his car home to louisana to see his family. Now he cant because his car isnt running and his leave ends next week. Now he is stuck sitting at dover air force base. Here is a few emails and instant msgs we got today from nesar at jdm and total boost instant message with me. I'm not telling you not to buy from them but I would be concerned if you did. Here is the email

Hey Grant,

-K, here is what we can do for you. Please find out how much a refurbished rear axles for this engine costs and I will compensate this for you because I donÂ’t have any axles for this motor in stock.

-Send me back the old ecu and the right ecu will be sent to you.
-Air intake boot will be sent to you.

*Cable for shifter and mass air meter will not be included because I donÂ’t have these items in stock.

I know you are frustrated, but please try to understand that the kind of swap you are asking from me no JDM distributor will have. I know you mentioned on our phone conversation that you were told by my mechanic that this engine swap will be fine with the original axles that is because my mechanic was under the impression that this engine was being swapt into a turbo MR2. We absolutely have no intention to give you false information on engine swaps, it is just that there were some misunderstandings between you and my mechanic. Definitely my mechanic misunderstood you.

Please let me know how much the axles will cost and I will send you the money for it.

Thanks,

Nesar Nekzad

Japan Domestic Motor Inc.

Thank you for choosing JDM Inc.

Your Number One Source for JDM engines and Transmissions.

http://www.japandomesticmotor.com

nesar, in reference to no jdm distributor having everyyhig needed to do a complete swap i told you and your mechanic about the complete rear clip from flashoptions.com and that is were my troubles begin.i was told that i would not need the rear clip because your swap included everything i needed to complete this swap.
as to your mechanic thinking i was putting this in a turbo car that is completely untrue-i specificly stated that it was a naturally aspirated car and i even inquired about the intercooler and he stressed to me that no swap would include this because it is in the front of the car-i then indicated that i would fabricate something.at that point i was in a position to order based on the fact that i was getting a complete swap minus the intercooler.
i also contacted you after it was here but before it was installed to inquire again about the axles-you mechanic told me the axles from the naturally aspirated setup would work-they don't.
i could have bought tis complete swap from flasoption for the same price! i only purchased from you because of total-boost giving you the thumbs up.
in closing i would just like to say that i could still buy a complete rear clip for cheaper than i can fix this mess.
this experience has cost me over a thousand dollars in shop time and $55 per day in car rentals since nov. 7 2003 until this is resolved.
in reference to the cost of axles they are 89.95 ea plus 50.00 ea for the core charge however they are no good without matching spindles!
thank you for your attention in this matter,sincerely grant

Please remember to include prior email messages in your reply

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 5:51 PM
To: info@japandomesticmotor.com
Subject: 3sgt mr2 swap

I AM A VERY UNHAPPY PERSON RIGHT NOW!
1 the alternator adjuster is bent
2 the axles do not fit like you said they would
3 the computer harness does not fit the computer(THE LEAD FROM THE CAR)
4 thewhite plug from the engine management harness will not connect to the cars harness-they are both male
5 the speedo is set up for a vss the car is mech.
6 there is a wire which appears to be for a secondary iat in the intercooler line but we have no sensor.please contact me so i can resolve this.i could use a little help with this matter-also the deposit check for the mazda engine should clear tomorrow and i will need to ordr it.
thanks,grant

now here is my conversation with total boost on aim.

totalboost1: which one?
Traksyde: both of the emails i sent from me and jdm when we talked (this is deftones on ht)
totalboost1: oooh hey!
totalboost1: how's it going with everything? i talked to Nesar and ordered him to fix everything hehe
totalboost1: I didn't receive any emails by the way
Traksyde: yeah did you get the emails and see what he said to me. I still need lots of stuff that he says he cant get and I dont know where to find the parts
Traksyde: i sent them to your hotmail account
totalboost1: that would be the main reason why he didn't want to send the parts, he didnt' have them
Traksyde: well he told me one thing and then is now saying he didnt tell me that. He did say he would pay for the axles but I still need to find the wiring harness. So do you know where i might find one?
totalboost1: not 100% sure, um, can you call my partner's warehouse toll-free 1-866-717-4252
Traksyde: no matter what you guys do to remedy the situation i still have to get this customers car done. He just got back from baghdad and he wants to drive his car

totalboost1: mention you're the mr2 guy, he should be able to help you out, aslong as he has the parts
Traksyde: yeah but just because you guys dont have parts doesnt mean you cant help point me in the right direction will he be able to help me locate them if he doesnt have them?
totalboost1: he has alot of connections, so just ask him
Traksyde: k thanks ill talk to you later
totalboost1: let me know how everything goes
totalboost1: and tell him Andre told you to call, his name is Shoaib
Traksyde: hey

Traksyde: my boss said he called him yesterday and he told my boss to call nesar
Traksyde: the guy said he was nesars cousin?
totalboost1: yeah
Traksyde: yep so will he help me today or is he going to tell me to call nesar again?
totalboost1: man i can't wait to have my own place, this crap would NEVER happen
totalboost1: well I wasn't aware you guys called him, he told me he would do his best
totalboost1: um, did you try the mr2 boards for the parts?
Traksyde: i believe you and you sound like a nice guy but i need this fixed so my customer will be happy. What would you do that nesar isnt doing to make the customer happpy?
totalboost1: it would of been clear from the start what your enigne included
totalboost1: and if something was broken, it would of been brought up before shipping
Traksyde: the problem is that we made explict demands of what we wanted and needed before ordering and we were reassured that everything we need was included.
Traksyde: well today is tuesday dude and i'm going to put some stuff on honda-tech today. This was suppose to be resolved by today. It isnt.
totalboost1: one sec
Traksyde: k
totalboost1: I think this is all very confusing due to the fact you indicated you wanted an intercooler
Traksyde: its not confusing the only problem is that they indicated to us that the intercooler was in the front of the car on the jdm version and that is why they couldnt sent it to us. Everything else was suppose to be included and we were going to fabricate a intercooler and mounts.
totalboost1: why do you require an intercooler for a naturally aspired vehicle?
Traksyde: dude the 3sgte is a turbo setup we are converting the car from a naturally aspirated to a turbo car. It was originally a 5sfe 2.2 car. We need everything to convert it. Which we were told we would get everything but the intercooler.
totalboost1: ah ok, i understand now
Traksyde: k
Traksyde: we still need the 1 block wiring harness and axles and spindles.
Traksyde: and a few other small things
totalboost1: ok, and what do you want me personally to do?
Traksyde: i dont know you said you were going to take care of it. You tell me.
totalboost1: I just read Nesar's email, he will reimburse you for certain things, and exchange the ECU
totalboost1: I was going to make sure Nesar takes care of you, he made the sale
Traksyde: so thats great and all but still the car wont start. What great are the axles with out the spindles? What good are any of this stuff with out the wiring to make the car start up? How is it to run right with no mass air meter or computer?
totalboost1: I understand how frustrating this can be.
Traksyde: this is costing us 1000s of dollars....and the patiences of a good customer. We need to resolve this or all of these emails will be posted today on the honda-tech website. Along with this instant message.
totalboost1: I do not work for Nesar, I simply refer people to him, until my place is ready... I have NO engine parts, and no further connections.
Traksyde: then why are you saying all this stuff on honda-tech.com????? And why did you obligate yourself to handling this problem and offering to pay out of your own pocket to handle this?
Traksyde: alot of people saw you type that. Alot of people read that post....
totalboost1: I have $300 to help you in my Paypal, its the remainder of my turbo stuff I had for sale... would $300 help you?
Traksyde: we appreciate the jester but we need the parts and i dont know what they cost.
totalboost1: are you a mechanic?
Traksyde: yes
totalboost1: then you should surely have connections, or friends that work at salvage yards
Traksyde: the problem is there is a very limited number of wrecked cars that are mr2 3sgte
totalboost1: my suggestion is to seek the classifieds section at http://www.mr2faq.com
Traksyde: we already did that...
totalboost1: how much were you charged for the engine?
Traksyde: i dont know the price im just putting the engine in my boss did all the billing. Im just trying to find the parts.
Traksyde: if you want to talk to my boss about this call the shop 302-697-9686
totalboost1: What am I going to say? All I did was refer you to Nesar
totalboost1: http://www.passwordjdm.com
totalboost1: try calling Steve, he stores alot of jdm engine stuff
Traksyde: ok i cant sit here all day typing i have alot of work here to do.

Hope this informs everyone what our situation is with these 2 companies. We are not very happy. I still need to order a few more engines for other customers and I need complete swaps. Here are engines so far.

KFze 2.0
sr20det-13 red top

make me a offer on the cost and i might buy it from you!!!

If anyone has any of the parts we need please let me know. This guy needs his car done!!!

DEF

Modified by deftones0817 at 3:08 PM 11/11/2003
Old 11-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (deftones0817)

That sucks ***. Just wondering though, are you guys a shop? No offense but I would think you would be a little more prepared info and supplier wise before taking a customers car under the knife and obligating to a swap. Good luck with it.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:03 AM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (ill phil)

yes we are a repair shop and we specialize in performance cars.we asked all the right questions but we were misled and we did not get all of the parts needed to complete the swap-even though we were reassured that we would get everything needed for the swap.this is not the first time we've done something like this-i am an ase master tech w/20 years experience.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:05 AM
This user can set his title.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make him pay for a ticket to go to the so called suppliers warehouse and check things out. Really sorry to hear dude. Hopefully things will get resolved. Since he assured to help in everyway.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (kIeT-y0)

Bump going to keep this up top for a while see what happens.

DEF
Old 11-11-2003, 12:19 PM
I missed the boat

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (kIeT-y0)

Thats really shitty, hope everything works out for you guys and thanks for the heads up on these people
Old 11-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (EGCIV)

edit

Modified by TotalBoost at 9:30 PM 1/4/2004
Old 11-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (TotalBoost)

In the end this is a big misunderstanding which JDM inc does indeed want to fix, but it's VERY difficult since none of the parts required are in stock, and this is a rather rare swap.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah everything he says he didn't get is in that email above.

They sent him the wrong stuff, now they are saying they dont have the right stuff in stock.

Never buy swaps from Canada unless you live in Canada.

Learn your lesson everyone.

Old 11-11-2003, 01:44 PM

bullshit, this isn't all that rare of a swap. Anybody that has an NA mr2 has wet dreams of putting a 3s-gte into it.
Deftones: sounds like you chose the wrong company/people to deal with on this swap and now you and your customers are getting screwed hard. My recommendation is to buy a full 3s-GTE clip from Jarco and take these guys to court if necessary to be compensated for all the **** you are being put through. At this point, you need to recognize what is best for you and your customers. I would demand a refund on all parts and send the peice of **** that you have back. Then get a real clip and do the swap in under a week.
Totalboost: sounds like you've gotten yourself into a mess that you shouldn't have. Next time you might think twice about giving thumbs up to suppliers who can't provide the goods.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:39 AM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (93anthracite)

bump.

DEF
Old 11-12-2003, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just a curious question that i have been thinking about for a while now, how come honda-tech allows Osaka motor's to still be a sponsor and advertise there banner, and the same with these guys, total boost is trying to fix it but bottom line its shitty service and i don't think that HT should be letting guys like these use this forum to get business, just my opinion don't even know if this is the right place to post it
Old 11-12-2003, 04:17 AM

fake asses
Old 11-12-2003, 06:06 AM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (tazmoe)

every bodys gotta be so biased about suppliers!! no one ever comes on ht and posts topics about a supplier having very good service and good motors! all they do is bithc and complain about one bad motor!! i bought a b18c from JDm inc and it was the best motor i had ever seen and soon my friends had the same quality of motors!! Every body acts like this is the first motor Total Boost and JDm have sold and it came out bad?? get real people sometimes **** happens and at least they are making an effort to fix it!! DEF i know wat u are going through but to go on forums and talk all this **** in my opnion is not cool at all man u say u have over 25years experience then u should be just a lil professional about things and take care of the situation directly! no offense man i know that all you want is to fix this problem! and for total boost i havent really dealt with them but i have dealt with JDM and if i needed another motor (which i will soon) hehehe i will not even think twice of going back to JDM and getting another one!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:10 AM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (tazmoe)

Wasn't Total Boost they guy with that big engine thread?

Edit: yup

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=4

You might as well start your business from scratch because even if you are not at fault your reputation is ruined.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:43 AM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (Pho Real)

Total boost reputation isnt ruined in fact i didnt tell anyone not to buy engines from him. I havent said one bad thing about him as a person. I said this sh*t needs to be fixed. All I want is to have this fixed so my customer can drive his car. Now I'm in the process of pricing out what I need. Total boost I really dont think you should be selling engines or refering people to jdm if you dont have you shop up yet. Just because of this stuff right here. To who ever said I was bitching about the engine (you would be too if this happened to you) I'm not saying all there engines are like this if I had heard that I wouldnt have gone with him. I was hoping to come on after I bought the engine and give hima good response. I mean the engine was sent fast...but parts were missing (sensors, mass air meter) and he told me stuff would fit that didnt. (not total but nesar) Now I'm not trying to ruin his business Its just like this. If he fixes at least some of my problems I'll leave him a great review I'll even delete this topic and everything I typed. I'll even buy more engines from him. (if he still wants my business. ) I just feel you shouldn't tell me yeah you dont need that, this will work just to get my money. And thats how i feel now about the situation. Now on there defense. Nesar is going to compensate for the axles and that will help a bit. I'm in the process of hunting down a junked car to get the wiring that they didnt send and that they dont have. Now I just wanted the parts not money. But I'll guess I'll have to talk to them more about what I need after i get my phone calls today.

DEF
Old 11-12-2003, 06:50 AM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (jdm007)

Nah it was the fact that he didn't get what was promised to him. You only have two posts and you bagging already...weird.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deftones0817 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Total boost reputation isnt ruined in fact i didnt tell anyone not to buy engines from him. I havent said one bad thing about him as a person. I said this sh*t needs to be fixed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You didn't? Seems like in a round about way you did.

"I'm not telling you not to buy from them but I would be concerned if you did"

I see both sides of the story and I'm spekaing from being screwed out of 2200 bucks on a motor swap deal. Lots of good things said here one if your in question of the shop which I would have been anyways, if you want to use them you fly out you check the shop you pick the motor you want and inspect then you have them ship it.

The guy and the shop do seem to be willing to work. You have to understand this does seem like a mis communication. Confirm confirm and verify I do that all the time you have too. Don't ever assume!

I think both sides are in the wrong, and crap happens that doesn't mean when a whoops happens your going to get everything you want and all this cash. Both sides take hits. Sure you won't be happy cause it's not what you Expected or wanted. But you have to be somewhat understanding. I see so many people expect and assume one thing and when they get something else they aren't willing to work.

I mean look at it like this. Be a pain and get nothing different from what you have or learn a lesson it does suck work with them and get as much out of the deal as you can.

Lessons suck and I know you think I'm being a jerk but I'm being realistic get what you can out of it. Cause it sounds like your no matter what not going to get what you want. And if your some performance shop you should have trusted people you go through, I would NEVER EVER use a unknwon shop that said yes to all my questions with someone else's swap that i'm getting paid to do. I question the shop bit. Every shop owner I know or mechanic has a long list of references and local places they can get motors from. You don't just buy from a unknown unless the dumb *** goon who's car it is demands it.

Sorry for the vent but you have to see both sides of this. No one is going to come out happy in the deal. The fact that you accepted the motor doesn't give you a ton of legal way as well, did you sign a contract with
Old 11-12-2003, 02:05 PM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (DX Hybridizer)

Well its wednesday and i have talked to nesar and total boost. It looks like they are going to try and fix some of my problems. I should be getting a call from nesar in the morning and then I'll let everyone know what is happening. I know im going to eat some of the cost on this stuff and that is cool. I just feel the communication between nesar , his mechanic to me was a little misleading. We are trying to fix it though. So I'm going to give them some props for not hanging up on me this whole week or blocking my number. I'll let you guys know what happens later.

DEF
Old 11-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**** man sorry for all that bullshit your going through.

Some how i have to get the word out that no one should ever order engines from montreal. Neser has scammed so many people. All the engine shops in montreal are scammers. They sell peice of **** engines, ive seen them and some come with water or bent rods.

Never order any engines from Montreal, after awhile they just make a new company and do it all over again. from http://www.jdm1.com, osakajdmmotors.com, etc etc.

osaka even had their warehouse set fire too, i wouldnt be surprised if they did it themselves.

**** montreal engine shops
Old 11-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (Black HB)

Sounds like Total B and JDM Inc aren't really companies at all...I'd think 'companies' as being more professional. Don't sell **** you dont have. Full reimbursement if you screw-up. Even offer to pay for shipping back the **** parts that were sent. If there was a true misunderstanding, perhaps deftones should pay the shipping to send the **** parts back to them, but still should receive a full reimbursement.
Instead of giving a run around, it might have been better off to just give deftones the reimbursement and say, "**** we dont have the parts, here's your money, please send the parts back, and sorry for the inconvenience." THEN try to help him locate some parts. This just sounds like a big pile of ****, and in the end, EVERYONE is affected in a negative way.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (Black HB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Neser has scammed so many people. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry but can you back that statement up and prove it please? And the whole generalizing about Montreal engine shops is rather weak. So every single engine you saw had water in it? All the 10+ places?

And would it be alright for you to assume all these companies are linked to Osaka? I don't think so. Many companies like mine and JDM inc learned a great bit from such companies, on exactly HOW TO <U>NOT</U> RUN A BUSINESS.

All in all, you're entitled to your opinion- and I'll respect it, but you should not expect everyone to jump on the bandwagon with you.

Andre
Old 11-12-2003, 03:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deftones0817 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Total boost reputation isnt ruined </TD></TR></TABLE>

I disagree, his reputation is shot to **** on this board.

Well who knows, some dumbasses still seem to buy from Osaka...
Old 11-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (jdm007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">every bodys gotta be so biased about suppliers!! no one ever comes on ht and posts topics about a supplier having very good service and good motors! all they do is bithc and complain about one bad motor!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

You are wrong, my jdm friend. People clap their hands for Steve @ hmotors all the time. I've also heard some bad stories. But lately it has been nothing but good. Osaka has been the turd talk of HT, as far as engine distributors go. Now back to the topic.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:28 PM

Default Re: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (Nihonjin)

i love this board

Quick Reply: My experience with total boost and JDM inc (which is total boost's connection)