Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my car shakes like crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 10:03 AM
jdmjay04

Default my car shakes like crazy!

I have a big feeling its the drivers side motor mount because it looks like its falling apart. But here are my symptoms. the car shakes when on the throttle and stops when off. The steering wheel shakes when the car is stopped. The idle goes up and down sometimes. What do you guys think it it?
Old 03-16-2004, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my car shakes like crazy! (jdmjay04)

well bro not to sound like a jack a$$ but common sense states that if u have a broken motor mount to change that!!!!! but you also might want to go get ur allignment checked out that could also be the problem........is it a D series.....if so............................GET A B SERIES
Old 03-16-2004, 10:16 AM
jdmjay04

I went to pick one up at the honda dealer but they were out of them. So they ordered me one and it should be there tommorow. Oh yeah I do have a B Series
Old 03-16-2004, 10:17 AM

Default Re: my car shakes like crazy! (TNSownS)

yea check the mount better, could possibly be something wrong w/ the axle as well, but if it shakes just when idleing that wouldn't matter....

Old 03-16-2004, 10:56 AM

Whats wrong with D series?
Old 03-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TNSownS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well bro not to sound like a jack a$$ but common sense states that if u have a broken motor mount to change that!!!!! but you also might want to go get ur allignment checked out that could also be the problem........is it a D series.....if so............................GET A B SERIES </TD></TR></TABLE>

READ MY SIG!

Just get a new mount to start with, cuz you definately need one of those. Might just as well do them all while you're at it.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TNSownS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well bro not to sound like a jack a$$ but common sense states that if u have a broken motor mount to change that!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sound like a jackass.

I'd be willing to be you have a BAD INNER JOINT on one or both of your axles.

Bad motor mounts usually cause a loud knock when you tap the throttle.

If it's a steady wobbling under acceleration only then I'd say it's an axle.

Do you know how to replace an axle?

Would you like me to show you?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but you also might want to go get ur allignment checked out that could also be the problem........</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope.

A bad alignment will cause the car to pull and/or have a crooked steering wheel and will cause uneven tire wear. alignments have nothing to do with vibrations.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it a D series.....if so............................GET A B SERIES </TD></TR></TABLE>

How simple-minded.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:31 AM
jdmjay04

Default Re: my car shakes like crazy! (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Bad motor mounts usually cause a loud knock when you tap the throttle.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have this. When I step on the throttle it make a bang sound. let me show you "tuuuunk" thats how it sounds . How do I check if its the inner joint?
Old 03-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmjay04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have this. When I step on the throttle it make a bang sound. let me show you "tuuuunk" thats how it sounds . How do I check if its the inner joint?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well fix the mount first and then see if you still have your wobbling.

It's possible that the broken mount is allowing the entire engine/tranny assy. to sit uneven, thus bunding an axle and causing it to vibrate worse. This would be a pretty extreme case though.

Has the wobbling/vibrating been the same ever since your mount has been broken?
Old 03-16-2004, 12:13 PM
New User

Default Re: my car shakes like crazy! (B18C5-EH2)

when i had a bad axle,..my steering wheel shook and wobbled,..im gonna agree with tom on this one and say its one of your axles
Old 03-18-2004, 12:29 PM
jdmjay04

Default Re: my car shakes like crazy! (2.0 EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's possible that the broken mount is allowing the entire engine/tranny assy. to sit uneven, thus bunding an axle and causing it to vibrate worse. This would be a pretty extreme case though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bingo!!! My mechanic told me somthing like this. I fixed it. Thanks guys