Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

lost my key dont have spair!help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost my key dont have spair!help!

what should i DO!
Old 11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (gezer)

Go up to Honda and have them make you one. You will need the title and the Vin no.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:01 PM

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (Ricey McRicerton)

how much those it cost? honda is a rip in the ***
Old 11-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much those it cost? honda is a rip in the ***</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've heard they will do it for free, but a locksmith can do it for like 40 bucks or so. I would at least call Honda and ask about it.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've heard they will do it for free, but a locksmith can do it for like 40 bucks or so. I would at least call Honda and ask about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda charges about $5-6 bux
Old 11-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go up to Honda and have them make you one. You will need the title and the Vin no.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive always wondered about this. what if you locked your keys in the car, and cant gt your title out?
Old 11-06-2003, 05:09 PM

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (blackhatchy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackhatchy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ive always wondered about this. what if you locked your keys in the car, and cant gt your title out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

All the dude asked me for was my VIN number when I got a copy made.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:11 PM

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (EG2 SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG2 SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All the dude asked me for was my VIN number when I got a copy made.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that doesn't sound too good.........

anyone with a pen and a pad standing by my car can get a key??

how soon do you get the key?? i'd like an extra set

edit: i really don't think you need the title, what if your car is financed and you don't have a title??
Old 11-06-2003, 05:14 PM

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (Jswpstdoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jswpstdoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that doesn't sound too good.........

anyone with a pen and a pad standing by my car can get a key??

how soon do you get the key?? i'd like an extra set

edit: i really don't think you need the title, what if your car is financed and you don't have a title??</TD></TR></TABLE>

took about 5 minutes (enough time to cut the key) scary... there is tape on my vin now.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:14 PM

if u already have a key u can just go get a copy maid for a few bucks u dont have to give a vin number or anything. ya but that is scary so if u have someones vin number u can get a key made
Old 11-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would love for Honda to be more picky abuot making keys than just asking for the Vin no....I damn sure wouldnt want someone to be able to make a key for my car and take it....
Old 11-06-2003, 05:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u already have a key u can just go get a copy maid for a few bucks u dont have to give a vin number or anything. ya but that is scary so if u have someones vin number u can get a key made
</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry man, i'm a OEM freak
Old 11-06-2003, 05:18 PM

hahah iam not, if u ask me they over charge everything its gay! but thats COOl! i reppect that
Old 11-06-2003, 05:18 PM

most dealerships will atleast require a registration and id to show ownership before they will cut you a key. I had to get one made for my Integra and the guy wouldnt even start on it til i got their with the reg and id
Old 11-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (JeremyL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeremyL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">most dealerships will atleast require a registration and id to show ownership before they will cut you a key. I had to get one made for my Integra and the guy wouldnt even start on it til i got their with the reg and id</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think I could trust anyone,...yeah so dealer cuts a new key with the vin #s but what if the dude at dealer wrote down all your informations, and the **** like your name,address, car vin/color/make/model ...and dude got himself a copy of your key because you give all the infos ..and he come to your house and drives your car away!!!!......scary huh!!! Trust no one.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (HATCHingMN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HATCHingMN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont think I could trust anyone,...yeah so dealer cuts a new key with the vin #s but what if the dude at dealer wrote down all your informations, and the **** like your name,address, car vin/color/make/model ...and dude got himself a copy of your key because you give all the infos ..and he come to your house and drives your car away!!!!......scary huh!!! Trust no one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The dealership could do this to anyone. They have all of the info on hand there and all of the key patterns as well. If they wanted to they could come and steal back every car they ever sold.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:17 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dealership only needs ONE key.

It is called a MASTER KEY.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (Mista Bone)

they have master keys when i worked at nissan keys were locked in cars ALL THE TIME and we never had anything along those lines never heard of itt.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:24 PM

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (blackhatchy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackhatchy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ive always wondered about this. what if you locked your keys in the car, and cant gt your title out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

???? Who the hell Drives around with their TITLE in the car?? That belongs in your house in a safe place. Your Registration goes in the car. If your car gets stolen and the title is in the car then you are ASSED OUT!! You have no proof of ownership, thief could lie and tell the cops that you sold him the car. If you have your title in the car TAKE IT OUT NOW!!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lost my key dont have spair!help! (civicrtype)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicrtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

???? Who the hell Drives around with their TITLE in the car?? That belongs in your house in a safe place. Your Registration goes in the car. If your car gets stolen and the title is in the car then you are ASSED OUT!! You have no proof of ownership, thief could lie and tell the cops that you sold him the car. If you have your title in the car TAKE IT OUT NOW!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Very good point i think they might want your regisration i never had a problem with that i know all the guys at the honda dealer and i spend a hole SHITLOAD of money there. they cut my keys for free
Old 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They did a story about this on the news about 2 weeks ago. They had these reporters go in and ask for keys to an Eclipse, Explorer, Civic, and a couple other cars. All they did is give the vin and a nice show of acting. The dealers just gave them keys with no ID no nothing...just a vin. They only gave the keys to the females I might add...the dealer said that they were honest looking. And by law in some states...the person requesting the key must have ID, Title, and Vin.

And my parents wonder why I spend hella money on a good alarm. It looks like that is the only thing standing between a thief and stealing my car now.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H23 EG Hybrid)

but tell me this how the hell am say I going to have the title to my car the bank has it i have to have the bank send me a copy of the title evertime i want a key made are you sure it isn't registration?
Old 11-06-2003, 10:34 PM

Default Re: (99blackcivicSi)

ya i think at the dealer the registration and ID would be enough
Old 11-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but tell me this how the hell am say I going to have the title to my car the bank has it i have to have the bank send me a copy of the title evertime i want a key made are you sure it isn't registration?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's the title...from what I heard on the news. I think if you were to be leasing a vehicle...they would have you on record there anyways and could ask you for some in depth info...like Social Security Number (Mercedes does this)...and the obvious...a photo ID.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but tell me this how the hell am say I going to have the title to my car the bank has it i have to have the bank send me a copy of the title evertime i want a key made are you sure it isn't registration?</TD></TR></TABLE>Couldn't you just get a copy once and save the copy? Or will they not accept a copy?

Quick Reply: lost my key dont have spair!help!