Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Lifting my EG sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifting my EG sedan

I searched around and couldn't find much if any information about lifting my EG sedan from stock height.

I'm looking for a 1-2" lift over stock height and was wondering if any other springs are a direct-fit replacement for the EG's stockers.

On EF's the installation of EG springs gives you about a 1" lift. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything similar on the EG?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifting my EG sedan (danmdevries)

nah man i cant help ya, but i am curious as to what your crazy reason for needing this is.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM

may i ask why you want to lift it?? you gonna get some big tires and go offroading too??
Old 11-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lifting my EG sedan (Frickr)

Are you kidding me? What the hell....
Old 11-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifting my EG sedan (Frickr)

yeah i wana know too...

off-roading in a civic??
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifting my EG sedan (rleonekc)

Cmon you guys, it's a 1-2" lift, it's not that much.

I drive down dirt roads, the car bottoms out. Snow is coming, I got stuck several times on those roads last year because the belly of the car was lying on the snow. 1-2" will allow me to fit my taller snow tires (that I had on a lifted CRX) and keep enough travel to avoid cutting my tire on the fender.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well at autozone, or advance auto they have a lift kit that you can place in your springs to lift it. some guy came in wanting to lift his accord the cheap way. There might be a coil over that can go that high as well, im not sure ive never tried compressing my coils that much.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:36 PM

if you know how to drive, it isnt a problem, i drove my friends civic all last winter, and to get in his garage youhave to drive throuhg a field, if you know how to steer, and when to get on it and when to let off, its no problem. just speed up as fast as you feel comfortable, when your tires start slipping let off just a little bit and turn your wheel back and forth till you get traction and you will pull yourself through no problem. i think our winters up here are a little harder then yours down south
Old 11-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danmdevries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cmon you guys, it's a 1-2" lift, it's not that much.

I drive down dirt roads, the car bottoms out. Snow is coming, I got stuck several times on those roads last year because the belly of the car was lying on the snow. 1-2" will allow me to fit my taller snow tires (that I had on a lifted CRX) and keep enough travel to avoid cutting my tire on the fender. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's easy. Buy some EBAY coilover sleeves. Throw out the coilover springs or give them away or whatever. Put the perches on on your stock shocks to raise up your stock springs.

Compress the springs more than stock using the coilover perches. It wont ride silky, but it will be higher.

You will need an alignment. Toe in front and toe out rear will cause huge over steer and unstability in the snow.

You live in northwest Indiana and need a lift for the snow? What kind of roads are you driving on and how fast that a STOCK CIVIC bottoms out? You sure it's not just the mudflaps rubbing?

Maybe change driving habits? I can understand that maybe you live in a small town that doesn't get plowed much...but the midwest doesn't really get THAT much snow anymore.

Did you guys have some really big snow last winter or something? We got around 12'' as a max around here (Chicago, in feb 07). I drove around in a stock GSR just fine....even before the plow trucks could get to everything. I also drove in 12'' of snow in a SLAMMED EG in 06. I plowed for free that year

I've driven on slammed *** cars in the winter through 04,05 and 06....never really had too much of a problem. You want to raise a stock civic? Weird.

Just make sure you get it aligned. Trust me.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifting my EG sedan (B serious)

Honestly I don't need it, just want it. I've got some old ebay sleeves lying around, maybe i'll give that a try. Thanks for the reply man.

I'm 20 min from Chicago, but I go camping alot, I drive my civic on light trails to hunting spots, and my girlfriend lives in the sticks and the car bottoms out if I'm moving quickly, which I'm going to continue to do. The snow that I got stuck in was on the roads that didn't get plowed, in the middle of fields, the drifts were deep enough to have me sitting on top of em.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danmdevries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honestly I don't need it, just want it. I've got some old ebay sleeves lying around, maybe i'll give that a try. Thanks for the reply man.

I'm 20 min from Chicago, but I go camping alot, I drive my civic on light trails to hunting spots, and my girlfriend lives in the sticks and the car bottoms out if I'm moving quickly, which I'm going to continue to do. The snow that I got stuck in was on the roads that didn't get plowed, in the middle of fields, the drifts were deep enough to have me sitting on top of em.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do what you gotta do. Just dont forget to align it.

lol I used to rally an EF. My friend used to rally a Tercel. The tercel was lifted. It was freaking awesome. I miss my EF
Old 11-19-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Lifting my EG sedan (civic.slow)

^^^ nice.

I really wanna rally a 4wd civic wagon. **** SON!!! lol maybe i'll pick one up for a few hundred. I rallied a 300zx too. That was a little hairy but waaay fun.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifting my EG sedan (B serious)

I love EFs

Know a guy with a lifted awd turbo wagovan.

Mine's slammed.