Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Resurface pressure plate?

Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resurface pressure plate?

My rear main is leaking so i gotta take my tranny off for the third time in a month I know i need a new clutch disk, even thought it isn't slipping, but can i have my pressure plate resurfaced like the flywheel or do i need to buy a new one? I would rather not as my clutch/pressure plate is only 600 miles old.

Anywho, are pressure plates resurface-able?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need to replace the disk or the pressure plate if they are only 600 miles old. If you had to do that every time a tranny came out, we that drag race religiously would be on well fare lol.

If your flywheel was resurfaced 600 miles ago as well, I wouldn't bother with that either, it's still fresh.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No need to replace the disk or the pressure plate if they are only 600 miles old. If you had to do that every time a tranny came out, we that drag race religiously would be on well fare lol.

If your flywheel was resurfaced 600 miles ago as well, I wouldn't bother with that either, it's still fresh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but what about the fact that the rear main was leaking oil? Im just afraid the disk is going to be soaked and my flywheel/pressure plate having hot spots because of the oil
Old 04-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on whether they are bad or not. You can look at them and tell honestly. The clutch will have a darker discoloration and you can't miss hot spots on the flywheel.

I am not saying you aren't right, I am just saying don't spend money you don't have too until you are sure they are hurt.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It depends on whether they are bad or not. You can look at them and tell honestly. The clutch will have a darker discoloration and you can't miss hot spots on the flywheel.

I am not saying you aren't right, I am just saying don't spend money you don't have too until you are sure they are hurt. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i was thinking that too. I'll just rip her up and see if the disk is soaked or not.

Thanks