Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM Gathers rear interior from Mr. Spoon's personal EG6 install in my EG

Old 01-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JDM Gathers rear interior from Mr. Spoon's personal EG6 install in my EG

sick interior man good find
Old 01-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Gathers rear interior from Mr. Spoon's personal EG6 install in my EG

i have always loved the JDM interior, but i plan on putting a cage in my car and i would cry if i had to cut up a JDM interior.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SICK!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good stuff. That console is a nice touch too.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sickass center console and clean conversion!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by HatchVX
i have always loved the JDM interior, but i plan on putting a cage in my car and i would cry if i had to cut up a JDM interior.
'
lmfao thats what im doing on my build but im gona try to do it as clean *** possible
Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thread brought back from the dead LOL.

For the OP, I'm planning to do this soon since I got the complete rear interior already, and still looking for the information fabricating the T-bracket that hold the seat and other brackets that hold the box.

Do you actually have the measurement for the height of the seat bracket? and the side bracket that hold the T-brace as well?

And ohh yeah, I'm still hunting for that DC2 steering wheel as well, I love that.
Are all the wiring for the srs and horn direct plug in?

Please let me know

Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have measurements of that t-bracket. I'll try to get one the next time I'm back there. The side brackets are just little metal straps that hold ends of the t-bracket to the sides of the wheel wells. Those would be super-easy to fabricate.

That steering wheel is nice. No, the SRS/horn isn't quite plug and play. The plug is completely different. If you have a non-cruise USDM wheel, you're in luck...all you have to do is switch the plugs from the USDM airbag with the JDM airbag. The non-cruise USDM clock spring will work fine with the JDM wheel. The only thing is that the USDM airbag has different colored wires and the wires on the JDM airbag are both the same color. This worried me at first, but I realized later that the plugs aren't polarized so they can go on either way. Still, I sat in the passenger seat the first time I fired up the car to check the SRS light.

Technically, there is a piece, I believe from an EF steering setup, that you need so that the turn-signal cancel function works properly with this wheel. This never really bugged me so I didn't bother.

If you have cruise control, it's another story, as the plug on the clock spring integrates the horn with the cruise, which is imcompatible with this wheel.

fm
Old 09-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fungus mungus
I don't have measurements of that t-bracket. I'll try to get one the next time I'm back there. The side brackets are just little metal straps that hold ends of the t-bracket to the sides of the wheel wells. Those would be super-easy to fabricate.

That steering wheel is nice. No, the SRS/horn isn't quite plug and play. The plug is completely different. If you have a non-cruise USDM wheel, you're in luck...all you have to do is switch the plugs from the USDM airbag with the JDM airbag. The non-cruise USDM clock spring will work fine with the JDM wheel. The only thing is that the USDM airbag has different colored wires and the wires on the JDM airbag are both the same color. This worried me at first, but I realized later that the plugs aren't polarized so they can go on either way. Still, I sat in the passenger seat the first time I fired up the car to check the SRS light.

Technically, there is a piece, I believe from an EF steering setup, that you need so that the turn-signal cancel function works properly with this wheel. This never really bugged me so I didn't bother.

If you have cruise control, it's another story, as the plug on the clock spring integrates the horn with the cruise, which is imcompatible with this wheel.

fm
Thanks for replying, so after reading what you were saying, and I'm not a english native speaking so I have to make sure about it.

I pretty much need a USDM NON-Cruise clock spring and airbag connector?

And that USDM airbag connector replace the JDM airbag connector ( I can de-pin it hopefully), and the wiring doesnt matter at all which slot it goes?

I'm taking out my cruise control anyway, so It doesnt really matter if I have to use USDM NON-cruise clock spring.

1 more thing, what is the thing from EF that you are talking about?

Thanks very much man, I really appreciate it a lot, please let me know
Thanks
Old 09-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, you need a USDM/CDM non-cruise clock spring and airbag connector. Yes, the USDM/CDM airbag connect needs to be swapped onto the JDM airbag.

You know, I was wrong about the EF piece that you need. That only goes for installing a non-SRS wheel in an EG.

I think there is some kind of mod you can make to get the auto-cancel turn-signals to work properly, but I can't remember (nor can I find it on H-T). Maybe someone else remembers? Anyway, you should be fine by just switching the plugs.

fm
Old 09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will you sell me the OEM mounts you took off for the seats? I bought my car with jdm and wanna go back to stock.. if it was said somewhere in the thread, sorry.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I never throw anything away and I'm not going back to USDM so check your PMs.

fm
Old 09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, you need a USDM/CDM non-cruise clock spring and airbag connector. Yes, the USDM/CDM airbag connect needs to be swapped onto the JDM airbag.

You know, I was wrong about the EF piece that you need. That only goes for installing a non-SRS wheel in an EG.

I think there is some kind of mod you can make to get the auto-cancel turn-signals to work properly, but I can't remember (nor can I find it on H-T). Maybe someone else remembers? Anyway, you should be fine by just switching the plugs.

fm
Fabulous!!! Thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate it.

I'm still in the process of sanding the rear interior, and will be painting it black soon, sucks weather make me to take my time.

Anyway, if in the process I got some problem, do you mind if I Pm you?

Thanks a lot brahhh......
Old 03-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you still use your usdm seat belts if you convert to JDM interior?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, you can, but you'll lose your rear seat middle seat belts.

fm
Old 03-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice install,Glad to see someone put some much detail,time and effort into a Great upgrade.Best of luck with the Car!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The EG6 rear interior is nice and all. But the only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a cargo cover. I know it has an optional cloth/vinyl cover but it doesn't cover the whole thing.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that interior looks so good great job bro i wish i could pick up on that setup
Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Agreed, the optional cargo cover for the EG6 doesn't cover as well as the USDM style cargo cover does, but it does the job. The real problem is that this particular cargo cover is nearly impossible to find, and when you do find it, it's $$$. Add to that the fact that you need to install snaps into the plastic linings in order to use it. The first car in the pics is mine...I no longer have the cover as my grey interior has been swapped for the black interior. I sold the grey interior to a friend and threw in the cargo cover with it as I didn't want to install a set of snaps in the black interior.

I am thinking of just doing my own cargo cover, similar to this one, that uses adhesive velcro rather than snaps. Quieter, no mods required to the interior, and should work as well.

fm
Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have all the interior parts but missing the rear cargo. where did you find it at? thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fm
Hey man,

Just wondering, did you actually cut airbag connector out of the DC2 steering and resolder the USDM EG NON cruise airbag connector?

Or you just de-pin the connector and repin them again?

I got everything now (JDM DC2 SRS steering wheel and USDM EG NON cruise clock springs and airbag connector), but just want to know what you did.

let me know, and yeah your Pm inbox is full, I tried to PM'd you but it wont work since you got too much msgs in your inbox i think.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Information Leafblower

fm, your inbox is full.

I was wondering if there is another way to retain cruise control using this wheel in the model of car? I have cruise and would like to keep it if possible. I don't really care about the auto canceling turn signals, but if there's a way to keep those, I'd be interested as well.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I can't think of a way to keep cruise with that wheel. You'd have to rig up an aftermarket cruise setup for it to work, as the wheel in question doesn't have the facility for cruise.

fm
Old 10-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Way to go man, other people would think it's too difficult or impossible but nothing is outta reach as long as you know what your doing. I seen some dynamat when will u upgrade your entire stereo system?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The car has a 3" exhaust. I don't see the point in getting a different stereo as I can barely hear the one I have.

fm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JDM Gathers rear interior from Mr. Spoon's personal EG6 install in my EG