Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

axle back muffler is hitting again chassis

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default axle back muffler is hitting again chassis

my axle back muffler is hitting against body chassis whenever the car goes over a bump or uneven pavement...and it will make a loud click sound..the axle back muffler is welded on to the pipe...so any suggestions/ advise? it is a oem s2000 rear end muffler
thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 PM
* B A N N E D *

Location: Running Round At Night In Los Angeles Like A Crazy, Veva Mexco, Veva Mexco
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: axle back muffler is hitting again chassis (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so any suggestions/ advise?
thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i have one... buy a muffler that was made for your car ... i bet you 5 bucks it dose not hit
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: axle back muffler is hitting again chassis (eggmygirl)

Wow just... Wow your comment was about as useful as **** on a bull.....
Have you checked to see if it isnt the lower LCA hopping up from the bump and hitting the exhaust pipe?
I have this prob on my stock axleback it pops off the rubber hinge and drops down half an inch making it just enough so that when I hit a bump the lower LCA hits the piping above it.
My advice would be to check and see if you can lift the muffler up more somehow placing a s2000 muffler on there shouldnt be that much of an issue since people can fit the RSX and new SI mufflers on there without any hitting using very little modification.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: axle back muffler is hitting again chassis (Johnny Ricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny Ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
My advice would be to check and see if you can lift the muffler up more somehow placing a s2000 muffler on there shouldnt be that much of an issue since people can fit the RSX and new SI mufflers on there without any hitting using very little modification.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
thanks so much man..i will check on it first thing tomorrow morning
Old 11-24-2009, 08:27 PM

Default Re: axle back muffler is hitting again chassis (eggmygirl)

Originally Posted by Johnny Ricer
Wow just... Wow your comment was about as useful as **** on a bull.....
Have you checked to see if it isnt the lower LCA hopping up from the bump and hitting the exhaust pipe?
I have this prob on my stock axleback it pops off the rubber hinge and drops down half an inch making it just enough so that when I hit a bump the lower LCA hits the piping above it.
Sorry for jacking your thread, but im have this issue on my sedan, greddy cat-back, the axle back is hitting the LCA when going over speed bumps and pot holes. Would getting new hanger mounts help?