Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Horn; Overheating; Clutch problems.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn; Overheating; Clutch problems.

There are a few things with my 1999 Civic I bought and need to fix immediately because the registration expires next month;
1) Horn; It works when I tested it with a wire to the battery but I just don't know how the wiring for the horn looks; can somebody take a picture of theirs?

2) Overheating; I've flushed the radiator and engine block; removed the thermostat. I have yet to replace the belts and I'm assuming that's the case because there's also a groaning/humming/buzzing sound from the belts closest to the water-pump. Either the water pump is bad or its just the belts that are defective. Other than that; I haven't tried a new radiator cap simply and the guy who sold it to me bought it from another owner who was in a front-end collision and pretty much rebuilt the whole engine bay. Also, there are so many vibrations from my car which make it sound like it's going to fall apart; could be the poor mounting of the radiator and grille and hopefully not bad engine mounts because it's not as likely.

3) Clutch; when I press in my clutch it screeches/squeaks. I've heard it may be the Pilot bearing, is that right? Might as well get a whole new Clutch Kit. Also when I go into reverse I don't know if it's normal to play with the shift **** a few times for the transmission to get into Reverse but it's normal for me; and when I'm reversing it feels like I'll always stall out no matter the amount of gas I press.

I'll post pictures and videos later. Thanks
Old 12-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Horn; Overheating; Clutch problems.

if it sqweeks only when u press the pedal and release it then u may just need some grease on the end of the slave cylinder push rod on the little ball. id just get a head gasket,and timing kit and do it all at once so u know u have no problems whether its the water pump or head gasket because u will replace both.