Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start

i have a 97 civic ek9 it wont start...........i check the starter and it still good.....check the ign and ign fuse it still good......when i crank the car no sound is made.....i put start the car and it work, but after turn it off....back to the same problem.......no check engine light on.....

is there a starter......

please help........
Old 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (B-motor)

you mean you have an EJ6 with a B swap. annoys me when people say they have an 'ek9'

battery? fuel? ignition kill switch engaged?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B-motor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 97 civic ek9 it wont start...........i check the starter and it still good.....check the ign and ign fuse it still good......when i crank the car no sound is made.....i put start the car and it work, but after turn it off....back to the same problem.......no check engine light on.....

is there a starter......

please help........</TD></TR></TABLE>

What? I don't follow you, you're saying the car doesn't start, and then you're saying it does, but if you shut it off it wont start again? I'm confused.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B-motor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 97 civic ek9 it wont start...........i check the starter and it still good.....check the ign and ign fuse it still good......when i crank the car no sound is made.....i put start the car and it work, but after turn it off....back to the same problem.......no check engine light on.....

is there a starter......

please help........</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF did you just say? That made no sense at all. I'm going to assume that you mean the car won't start normally, unless you push start it. Is it a manual? Check the top of your clutch pedal. There is a little plastic tab that probably broke so when you push the clutch in it isn't pushing your button to tell the car the clutch is pushed in.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (austinkli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WTF did you just say? That made no sense at all. I'm going to assume that you mean the car won't start normally, unless you push start it. Is it a manual? Check the top of your clutch pedal. There is a little plastic tab that probably broke so when you push the clutch in it isn't pushing your button to tell the car the clutch is pushed in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol im sure thats what he meant. i was just going to say that as well. also are you 100% sure that the starter is good... don't people with bad starters usually have to push start their cars?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:15 PM

yeah......the car conversion to rhd....i crank it, it doesnt make any sound.....but i push start then it will run.....cant be the starter it new...and it not the clutch pedal.....

ignition kill switch engaged where is located and how to ungaged.....

use comment sense people...
Old 09-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: (B-motor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B-motor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah......the car conversion to rhd....</TD></TR></TABLE>

That still doesn't make it an EK9, its still an EJ6 with a front end conversion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B-motor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cant be the starter it new</TD></TR></TABLE>

New doesn't mean anything, its not uncommon to get bad parts right out of the box or have them fail early on.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (B-motor)

E]<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B-motor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

use comment sense people...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea people....

comment sense....

maybe if you use periods, and commas, it may be a little easier to understand
Old 09-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94EG8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B-motor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah......the car conversion to rhd....i crank it, it doesnt make any sound.....but i push start then it will run.....cant be the starter it new...and it not the clutch pedal.....

ignition kill switch engaged where is located and how to ungaged.....

use comment sense people...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honestly dude, your not going to get anyones help here if no one can understand you. Your car is not an EK9 no matter what, so stop calling it one. Did you try a fresh battery? If your car can only start when you push start it, that could mean your battery doesn't have enough juice to fire it up when it's sitting. If there is also no noise when you crank it over, again another possible battery issue.

PS: Your telling us to use common sense when you can't even spell that word?
Old 09-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC_civic_si)

hahaha
Old 09-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your grounds. How did you verify that the starter was good?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (Dogginator)

take off the cover on the steering column and look at the ignition it self. i bought my car and the seller only had one screw in the back side of the ignition cylinder (the side that is a plastic cap with wires on it) and it did the same thing you are talking about, it would turn but nothing would happen. so i pulled out the screw realigned it and it started.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (ricin4ever)

Umm...... What?
Old 09-13-2008, 08:36 PM

had the same thing, just went to the J-yard and got the switch and all the wiring from an auto. works fine, just didn't hook up the two prong wire since i have a 5-speed.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (bmxmacdaddy)

make sure the ground is good on the engine. starters get there ground from there contact with the tranny.

Landon
Old 09-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (boosted_dc2)

not to thread hijack but I'm having a similar issue. I say similar because I can start my car using my alarms remote start but not the key. When I disarm the alarm and try to start the car it does nothing.

I'm going to check the wiring today.. although I'm not sure what wires I am going to be looking for. I will remove the housing and check all visible wires to ensure everything is connected and grounded.

Any other thoughts?
Old 09-14-2008, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (rsfazecivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rsfazecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not to thread hijack but I'm having a similar issue. I say similar because I can start my car using my alarms remote start but not the key. When I disarm the alarm and try to start the car it does nothing.

I'm going to check the wiring today.. although I'm not sure what wires I am going to be looking for. I will remove the housing and check all visible wires to ensure everything is connected and grounded.

Any other thoughts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

your looking for a black/white that will be cut in half. your starter kill relay is not fucnctioning properly.

Landon
Old 09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (.illwhitecoupe.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .illwhitecoupe. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Umm...... What? </TD></TR></TABLE>
sorry i forgot this was honda tech...take the steering column cover off, then check out the jawnk where you put the key at yo. and see if the plastic cap on the otherside is aligned properly son. then tryn start that ish should work.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Help!!!!!.....my CIvic ek9 wont start (94EG8)

im also having trouble with my 1999 civic ek...it will start but once i press on the gas or clutch it stalls out...what might be the problem anyone can help me out??