Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help diagnosing problem. Fuel pressure is low, main relay clicks at shut off

Old 06-13-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help diagnosing problem. Fuel pressure is low, main relay clicks at shut off

As the topic states..This happened to me 2 weeks ago while driving on the hwy...then it drove fine without me making any changes.

What Happened: driving on the hwy at about 4 grand and the car looses power and bogs down. Make it to the shoulder, as soon as i clutch in it cuts off completely. Turned off everything Started car, drove again..then same thing. Pull over again.. Started and then bogged down. let it sit for a minute or two..then it started. driving once again and same thing. The result this time is that it would and bog right down as soon as u hit the gas pedal...let it sit and it kept on doing the same thing. Then it would crank and not start at all. Called tow truck...sitting waiting, decided to crank it amgain. Start sometimes..but bogged down and shut off when i pressed the gas. Looked under the hood at my fuel pressure gauge and it was like at 5 psi. I'd let it prime for a while..and the pressure still didn't increase.

Had the car towed home. The fuel pump came on the whole time..Yes i still double checked it and when it happened 2 weeks ago, i had the fuel pump i got the car with in there...now i have a used itr one donated to me by a friend.

What i did today: I tried a bone stock p28 ecu to see if it would help(been meaning to do that since i've had issues with my car running rich lately). Ecu made no difference. Tried a loaner main relay to see if it was a main relay issue i.e. it gets hot and then shuts off..thus shutting off the fuel pump. That didn't solve my problem. I don't know how it works..but i hear the main click and pump go off when it bogs down and die.So i'm wondering what to do next. When i tried today the fuel pressure was at like 18-20 psi...then it bogs down and die...so yeah pressure isn't where it should be and the main relay clicks when it shuts off(both of them). NOTE: it happened 2 weeks ago, the car drove fine then now it's back in full force. NO CEL LIGHT
Old 06-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help diagnosing problem. Fuel pressure is low, main relay clicks at shut off (blk007)

that is the exact problem i am having with my car right now let me know what it turns out to be
Old 06-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

possibly fuel filter, whens the lst time you changed it ?

Fuel pump going out? idk

gl
Old 06-20-2007, 08:18 PM
95DxSi-R2

Default Re: Help diagnosing problem. Fuel pressure is low, main relay clicks at shut off (blk007)

first of all check how many amps your fuel pump is pulling
Old 06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you ever get it fixed or figured out?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help diagnosing problem. Fuel pressure is low, main relay clicks at shut off (civic08)

any updates?