Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation?

Yesterday my friend and I where heading to see Spider-Man 2 and my friend says hey man whys my vent blowing "death gas"? I laughed and sayed what are you talking about, so I looked and indeed there was a steady flow of what looked like condensation mist or some sort os sleeping/death gas. What would cause this the a/c was on 3/4 full blast for about 50 minutes so I figure maybe the it had built up or something? It had no smell to it either so I dont think I was burning anything .
Old 07-02-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation? (Sc2_Dan)

don't really have an answer but this happened to me one time after driving awhile with the ac going.

bump
Old 07-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: West Bakalakadaka St., Durka Durka Mohammed Gihad, WMDs
Default Re: Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation? (ek9mugen)

This actually happens to me quite often. I have it coming out of all my vents. I'd like to find out if there is a way to fix it. Although I'll prolly just end up ripping out my A/C anyways. All Race !!
Old 07-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation? (VogueSilverHX)

Yea I think maybe the uhh cant think of the name of it (part behind the glove box, condensor maybe?) gets condensation built up and thats my "mist". Just making sure but no ones seems to know just yet.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No one?
Old 07-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had the same thing happen... and we're all still alive. So... probably not that major. Everyone's car running ok otherwise?
Old 07-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation? (Mistamike17)

Yea mine is tip top only have 62k on it.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Electrician

It could be condensation. How's the weather over there? When it's REALLY humid down here my A/C system does that.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your a/c evaporator may have a leak... happened to my friends car.. it sucked fixing it...
Old 07-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation? (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your a/c evaporator may have a leak... happened to my friends car.. it sucked fixing it...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Dont say that haha. Give me more info on this and what year was his car? Plus did his come out all the time or was it just once and awhile?
Old 07-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had the same thing in my old 03 F150 work truck... the truck had 800 some miles on it. its nothing to worry about. if the temp is high and its humid, it condensates.

be glad u got some cold *** a/c.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

his car at the time was a 95 civic sedan. and his a/c had a leak somewhere because there was no freon in his a/c lines. so we used the "do it yourself kits" and we took it for a spin and just as you stated you could see it come out of the vents very faintly but nonetheless it was coming out. no smell either. we didnt know what it was at first. and were just happy to have it cold. it would be like this only on the start up of turning the a/c on. for maybe 2 minutes after awhile we didnt see it.. so we didnt think anything of it.. then after one day of adding the freon, he had no a/c so we looked at the condenser that was fine , the cold line was cold when working the hot line was hot. so we knew the leak wasnt from the actual lines. so the only thing we could think of was the evaporator.

well after getting the evaporator box out we saw a bunch of oil from the a/c kit . so the evaporator was taken out and replaced. now everything is fine...

not sure if this could be the problem but this is what it sounds like.... the only way to find out is to check yourself which is a bitch in itself..

and everyone says its condensation.... if you turn on the car in the morning turn it to high heat with the fan (no a/c) if it does the same thing then its condensation... and you have nothing to worry about. if only does it with the a/c on then you know it has to due with only your a/c system do some more tests..
Old 07-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation? (cxSHOE)

Ok thank you very much the a/c works awesome so I dont think it is damaged but I will do tests on Sunday.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:25 AM

The mist you see out of your vents is like the said above from your evaporator. It does not mean you evaporator core has a hole in it. If it had a hole in it all of your R134A ref. would have leaked out and you would have the windows down. All your evaporator core does is transfers heat from the ambient air blowing through your duct work like your radiator does for your cooling system. But instead of antifreeze it has R134A going through it. As with anything that is cold and then put some where hot it is conna sweat. All that you are proly seeing is where your evaporator drain is stopped up or it is like said above that it is really humid outside and all it is doing is trying to remove the moisture from outside but proly not draining out fast enough. I would just check the drain and make sure its not stopped up with anything and if it wasnt then i would run it right on. Only thing you have to worry about is when it stops blowing cold.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger vent blowing mist/condensation? (shatteredream69)

For everyones help THANK YOU .