Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

front passenger side squeaky noise when moving

Old 09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front passenger side squeaky noise when moving

u know how a wheel bearing is bad when it hums and becomes louder as u pick up speed.. well my front pass side of the car makes a in and out squeaky noise ( like a wheel bearing would do at high speeds) as soon as i take off at a light, squeaking very loud and very embarrassing bad noise. as if i dont take care of my car embarrassing. it also starts to squeak but a bit less noisy when i take a right turn ever so slightly to a full out turn. im guessing brakes, but why when i take simple to full right turn does it squeak like a bearing would hum in and out.. it makes the same pitch of in and out squeaks all through out speeds. doesnt get louder. but it does become somewhat quite if i let of the gas... any ideas...
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: front passenger side squeaky noise when moving

Check whether the wheel splash guard is bent and rubbing on the brake rotor.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: front passenger side squeaky noise when moving

I am also experiencing the same thing with my front left wheel this morning on my gsr, but the rubbing sound on comes when going under 30mph and makes the noise once every tire rotation (checked tires for nails but i just got to work) i hope both of our problems are either brakes or the splash guard and not an axle
Old 07-24-2021, 04:01 PM
Trial User

Icon6 Re: front passenger side squeaky noise when moving

I need help please. I have a hum coming from the front end of my 2005 honda civic that gets louder as I accelerate. My car seems to drive fine otherwise, just a hum that is loud and annoying. Slight shaking at around 60 to 80 mph but not really bad, and not any different than normal. omg, I went to pep boys and they said they didn't know for sure if it was the wheel bearing or the axel so they had me go to another pep boys across town to have them check it out because apparently the guys there are more experienced. Irritating. Okay, so I go across town and I wait there for 4 frickin hours for them to just look at it only for them to tell me that they don't think it's my wheel bearings but he thinks it's coming from my transmission box. Really? Has anyone heard of that before? Has anyone had a hum that starts gets louder as you accelerate coming from the transmission box? Is that even possible? Please, anyone who knows about these things would be greatly appreciated because I'm looking at big expense if I have to change the transmission because of a hummmm...... . `