Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Eg civic led turn signal causes all lights to flash

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eg civic led turn signal causes all lights to flash

as the title says, I just put led turn signals for the front in my car, and I've found that there is a slight problem lol... When lights are off, and I use my turn signals, all lights in the car flash... This includes dash lights, clock, and all lights in the rear, including both turn signals in the front... When the running lights and headlights are on, when using turn signals, rear is fine, but both signals on the front blink... This is after installing front led turn signals... All the lights in the rear have been led, and all have worked fine ... How do I fix this? Thanks!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg civic led turn signal causes all lights to flash

Maybe there is not enough resistance in the system. I had a similar problem with another vehicle of mine when I replaced all my interior lights with led's. The lights would come on when opening the door as they should then they would dim but not go all the way off. Went and got some resistors from the local radio shack here and installed a couple in line and voila, the cycled on and off as they should.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg civic led turn signal causes all lights to flash

Originally Posted by Cmorcivic
as the title says, I just put led turn signals for the front in my car, and I've found that there is a slight problem lol... When lights are off, and I use my turn signals, all lights in the car flash... This includes dash lights, clock, and all lights in the rear, including both turn signals in the front... When the running lights and headlights are on, when using turn signals, rear is fine, but both signals on the front blink... This is after installing front led turn signals... All the lights in the rear have been led, and all have worked fine ... How do I fix this? Thanks!
Just read a post where a fellow user was having the exact same issue after replacing turn signal bulbs and they were the WRONG style bulb causing exactly the symptoms you mentioned.
Let us know if you fixed this!