Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay legit or not?

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...44961

here is the emails.

ME:
"any time slips? LSD? What parts are used in the head?"

Him
never ran it,yes lsd,port and polished,toda cams,check the price on those cams and youll see that the motor is expensive

Me
does not look like bidding is going very fast would you take 3000

Him
maybe,do you need shipping.

Me
yes 62226.. but how would i know this thing is nice or has what you say?

Him
ill send all receipts,so you know all that stuff is in there.its all warrentied also

Me
ok, what about shipping

Him

Me
so it would be 3600

Him
pretty sure on 3600,gimme your city and zip ,ill double check.thanks

Me
belleville, il 62226

Him
hey bro,email me at my email address,turbociv922001@yahoo.com.im using all my friends space on her email.my name is adam.i basicly want to just end the auction cause i need that car out of garage.so let me know whats up

Him again
hey man,i ended the auction for ya,hell,ill do it for 3600.00 shipped,i dont have time to try and get more.some guy from missouri said he would bring me 4500.00 cash but not for a week,i cant wait much longer,its rainin and the nova cant get any more rust on it than it already has,so 3600.00 minus the 1,024.00 to ship it to you,ill get like 2580.00.for the car so that works i guess,that will buy me alot of **** i need for that rust bucket,so get back to me asap,ill give address to send payment to.and when i cash the check ill overnight the title.thats probly the safest way.thanks alot man,you will smoke alot of cars with this one,wish i ran it at track but didnt want to hurt the new motor,needs another 500miles or so on it before id rip on it real hard,then you can take it to 9200rpm all day,thats what she was built for.

Notice how i never said i would take it. If it is legit then awsome. But this dude is crazy. I know i am entitled to buy. So what do you think

Old 11-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Ebay legit or not? (TheYellowDart)

I said it once and ill say it again. I dont trust ebay.

H-T > Ebay
Old 11-19-2004, 08:45 PM

how far is he from you? tell him you are going to come pick it up so you can drive it before you buy it, just to see what he says. I wouldn't trust any seller on ebay, especially for a car, that takes generic pictures like that, what I mean is, those pcitures could have come from 3 different cars. First off, I'd ask for more pictures, and scanned copies of these receipts
Old 11-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay legit or not? (xZeler8)

ya i asked for more pics and no respond yet
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Ebay legit or not? (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I said it once and ill say it again. I dont trust ebay.

H-T &gt; Ebay</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are some honest sellers on ebay. I've actually sold 2 cars and a motorcycle on ebay, once because I was lazy and didn't want to spend the time to advertise locally, and the other 2 i actually didn't have time to advertise locally (was trying to sell the car and the bike 2 weeks before i deployed to the middle east). you can always tell an honest seller because he takes MANY pictures, and is willing to take more pictures on request. also, i encouraged people to come look at the car if they wished, mainly because i knew once they drove it that it was pretty much a sealed deal. anwyays, you can generally tell a honest seller by they way he answers questions, if he gives long helpful answers everytime, including bad as well as good things, if it seems like they are hiding something, then they probably are...

just be careful man, if you get a bad feeling then walk away, i know it's hard cuz i've had to do it a couple times...one time i actually got to be good friends with a guy after he bought a car that i walked away from, turned out that it had all kinds of issues...it all worked out in the end (not due to the seller, but other circumstances)...but basically trust your instincts, even if you don't want to
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ebay has been better to me then h-t as far as transactions go
Old 11-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay legit or not? (careawholelot)

Anybody live near there want to check it out
Old 11-19-2004, 09:10 PM

I don't like it because the picture is far away, plus the other two pictures could be from any other car not necessarily his. Something doesn't match up with that auction. Get more pics and get a VIN number if you can and check carfax.

Bryan.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B30M87A)

yup still waiting for response.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheYellowDart)

Seems like a scam.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93b16hatch)

i think i agree either that or he is just plain crazy
Old 11-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In his ebay auction , he said he was selling this to work on anohter project. That would lead me to believe he has daily transportation. If he has daily transportation, why wouldnt he wait one week to get 900 more bucks. If I could make 900 MORE bucks selling something by waiting a week, it would be hard to justify giving someoen a deal. Now if my ONLY car was in teh shop and I got offered some money and I needed my car say the next couple days and COULDNT wait a wekk, I could see it being worth it but I dont see any mention. I bought my 240sx off the internet and it was THE smoothest transaction ever over the internet (besides the dumb car shipping company, so I ended up flying to FL to pick the car up). But me and the seller talked constantly over phone and email. Some days we should shoot the breeze for an hour or two talking about cars and her major in college and what not.So when it came time to shell out the 50% deposit, I felt COMPLETELY comfortable. IF you have any lingering doubts, I say maybe set up a time to catch the cheapest form of transportation to his state and check things over yourself. That way if it isnt legit or something is not to your terms, you are only out airfare/bus fare/train fare, vs 3600 bucks, then you will be posting up a scammer thread looking for help in that guys city.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay legit or not? (specv5150)

I would buy it. I show up there personally and drive it home...ROAD TRIP! Otherwise HELL NO! He has NO feedback. But the shipping cost of 600 makes sense and seems real. If you do decide to pay use a credit card that can protect you from fraud.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay legit or not? (murtnabila)

that does not qualify as road trip 32.5 hrs
Old 11-19-2004, 10:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheYellowDart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that does not qualify as road trip 32.5 hrs </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok its a road vacation then. Seriously though if you can see the car in person i wouldn't buy it. Period
Old 11-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay legit or not? (94_HATCH)

To me that auction looks real shady. IMO the pictures look like they were from completely different cars. I mean LS mesh in one pic...slips in another...and it almost looks as though the fender in the pic with the slips is black. And the engine shots look like they are from two completely different bays. Granted it seems to be an awesome deal, but is it too good to be true?

Without going to check it out myself, i would probably pass.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:42 PM

3 words for you:

ONLY BUY LOCAL.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:sniff: smells like a scam to me.....
Old 11-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dantastic)

The only way, I repeat, ONLY WAY i'd take that car was to fly out and check it out in person. You get a vin run a car fax on it?
Old 11-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dantastic)

3 pictures dated and pic of car is not? Have him send you custom pics like YOU want them taken see if he can do that...atleast you'll know the car does exist!

And 32 hrs ain't a thing for me
Old 11-20-2004, 12:15 AM

Default Re: (murtnabila)

the pics are dated 01/01/02 wtf? I wouldnt do it, tell him you just booked a on way plane ride for sunday to come and get the car. See what he says then.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (cappa)

How are his feedbacks? I was stupid and was ripped off by someone on Ebay. I reported it to the Internet Fraud Claims Center and local police dept.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:29 AM

ebay is the ****... u have to know who to buy from. ALWAYS CHECK FEEDBACK
Old 11-20-2004, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (AnotherWhiteCar)

I agree - get tons of things off ebay. Haven't been scammed yet. Wouldn't even consider a car if I couldn't kick the tires. This guy had 0 feedback too which is a bad sign.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:17 AM

Default Re: (MasterKwan)

hell no, this is a legitimate scam... 0 feedback rating, new ebayer, anyone with a tricked out ride uses ebay, if they sell a car on ebay then they buy parts from ebay, why cant we see a whole shot of the engine, isnt that a h22 head? ( not too smart on dohc) if so he says its an gsr, not much to tell from the headers, besides he painted the block red, and put ebay headers... EBAY headers... and look close, cuz theres cardboard under that motor w/ the header pic... almost as if its not in a car...

Quick Reply: Ebay legit or not?