Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

driver's side window problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver's side window problems

Car is a 99 civic. Now pretty much every honda has been broken into sometime in it's life. This leaves us all with non-original windows. Usually the driver's side. Now, who has problems with their replacements? The past two civics I have owned have both had problems with their non-oem driver's side windows rolling up right. Is this an install error? Does this problem just come with aftermarket windows? Do I need an oem honda window in order for it to roll up correctly?

problem: window rolls up correctly about halfway, then it starts to, i guess, push forward. The rubber track (i think its a track) that it is on pushes forward as I roll it up. The window proceeds to go up but it gets very tough and when it finally reaches the top it is off. The window is more towards the front -- with a gap between the window and the weather stripping on the back part of the window and the top left corner (if standing from the outside). Basically, it ends up in a slant.

thanks in advance for any help.

p.s. I took off the door panel and tried everything possible to fix it, but nothing seemed to work. the window still goes up incorrectly.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: driver's side window problems (alacard)

Bump for this i have the same issue but i have been told it was the window regulator so you might wanna try a new regulator.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: driver's side window problems (b18c-ivic_gsR)

i would say the rail on the regulator is bent. you can try adjusting (10 mm at bottom of door), or in some cases lubricating the window tracks. if that doesnt work, and the tracks check out ok and everything is tight.. then the regulator is at fault.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: driver's side window problems (jdeemseerx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdeemseerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would say the rail on the regulator is bent. you can try adjusting (10 mm at bottom of door), or in some cases lubricating the window tracks. if that doesnt work, and the tracks check out ok and everything is tight.. then the regulator is at fault. </TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah, i did adjust it with those bolts. lubricating it might help it go up smoother, but it shouldnt fix the window moving forward problem. so this leaves me with the regulator?
which part is that?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up
Old 01-30-2007, 02:13 PM
HRD PKR

Default Re: (alacard)

u need a regulator. the window sits in it. go to ur local dealer and ask for one
Old 01-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16B_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u need a regulator. the window sits in it. go to ur local dealer and ask for one </TD></TR></TABLE>
you positive man? im sure itll be expensive, so i want to make sure before i order one.

which number(s) will i need?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

definitely the regulator my 94 ex was doing this swapped regulators and went up perfect......<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

which number(s) will i need?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the one on the left is for power windows#3 and the one on the right is for manual #10

atleast thats what the numbers look like to me
Old 01-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i will need the whole assembly? (#10)
Old 01-30-2007, 11:56 PM
_ma

Well from what I know it is a common problem for the window track (mostly the driver) to become off track. I have this problem too and worked on my window for many hours when it use to come off track. Sounds like the problem I had/sorta have. I doubt its the glass itself.

I didn't fix my window completely, I can only roll it down 3/4 until it comes scary to roll it down anymore. Im fine with it cause it doesnt fall off track when I close the door and I can atleast open my window.

One thing I will recommend is to get yourself some lube (silicone) and spray the rubber track where the glass slides on... and your gonna have to adjust/play with the screws (#19 on that diagram/and #23 I THINK) until the glass stays on track when u roll it up and down. BTW is it manual or power windows? Try searching for window track problems.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (_ma)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _ma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well from what I know it is a common problem for the window track (mostly the driver) to become off track. I have this problem too and worked on my window for many hours when it use to come off track. Sounds like the problem I had/sorta have. I doubt its the glass itself.

I didn't fix my window completely, I can only roll it down 3/4 until it comes scary to roll it down anymore. Im fine with it cause it doesnt fall off track when I close the door and I can atleast open my window.

One thing I will recommend is to get yourself some lube (silicone) and spray the rubber track where the glass slides on... and your gonna have to adjust/play with the screws (#19 on that diagram/and #23 I THINK) until the glass stays on track when u roll it up and down. BTW is it manual or power windows? Try searching for window track problems.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info man, but its definately not coming off the track. i messed with it for a while with the door panel off, and it stays on the track. so its either the regulator or the window itself.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 PM

Does being out of ajustment cause window rattle too?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from experience with my window pushing towards the front more when rolling it up wasent do to it comeing off track its the regulator.....there are little white plastic bushing that tend to where down over time then cause play.....every time i rolled the window up it would go forward more i adjusted it for hours it helped alittle so i decided to get a new regulator and bam problem solved. also i would recomend spaying som silocone lube in the rubber trackes it make the wondow go up so smooth

and im preety sure you will need number 10 if you have manual windows
Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from experience with my window pushing towards the front more when rolling it up wasent do to it comeing off track its the regulator.....there are little white plastic bushing that tend to where down over time then cause play.....every time i rolled the window up it would go forward more i adjusted it for hours it helped alittle so i decided to get a new regulator and bam problem solved. also i would recomend spaying som silocone lube in the rubber trackes it make the wondow go up so smooth

and im preety sure its number 10 in the picture but i cant tell cause theres another number above it
Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2DoorBandit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2DoorBandit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">from experience with my window pushing towards the front more when rolling it up wasent do to it comeing off track its the regulator.....there are little white plastic bushing that tend to where down over time then cause play.....every time i rolled the window up it would go forward more i adjusted it for hours it helped alittle so i decided to get a new regulator and bam problem solved. also i would recomend spaying som silocone lube in the rubber trackes it make the wondow go up so smooth

and im preety sure its number 10 in the picture but i cant tell cause theres another number above it</TD></TR></TABLE>

alright man, sounds exactly like my problem. thanks for the info. does silicone lube come in a spray bottle? or a tube?...anyways, another trip to the damn dealership (ive been having issues with them lately)
Old 02-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the silicone lube i have came in a spray can
Old 02-08-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: (2DoorBandit)

hmm, i have the same exact problem now with my window. when i bring it up, it gets pushed foward and then dosnt close and when i put it down or force it up it just pops off the track. then i have to unscreew and put it back by hand. and yea i think bent the regultor forcing it, hmm

anyone know how much they go for at honda dealership? thanks in advance.

ps. ive alwas had problems with roling window up, was hard but hoepfully itll be smooth after i fix the problem.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nightkidsi)

same here, I have the same exact problem, its not the tracks because I tried to adjust it several times, and i also put brand new tracks from honda in, same issue, I even went as far as lubing the weather stripping. after lubing it, it got better but now its back, so im tryin to figure out what it could be..Seems like the regulator
Old 02-09-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: (makavali27)

i got the same problem in my car...hate when this happends