Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter?

Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter?

I know that it is illegal to bypass the clutch for remote starter but over here in maryland it gets pretty darn cold to have to wait for the car to warm up. Plus the neighborhood i live in, i wouldnt want people stealing my car while its warming up. I have a bosch relay and i have an idea. If you know anything about relays then this is what i think is the way of hooking it up. 87-12v constant, 30-clutch 12v, 86-starter wire, 85- ground, 87a- not used. Can anyone confirm if this is the right way to do it? I work at a circuit city but my supervisor is strict when it comes to trying to do illegal things like bypassing a Indash in a car and what not. that stuff is easy and i also can do alarms and remote starts but never on a stick shift. any info will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (CivicPride97)

In all honesty, it's probably too dangerous of a thing to do. Think: if you accidentally leave it in gear once instead of using the ebrake, you could be launching your car somewhere. Even if it's just a couple feet, you can still hit something/someone.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (CivicPride97)

behind and up there is a switch you pull out. you wont have to press the clutch to start car anymore which you can now autostart. always leave it on neutral and remember if its in gear or not or your in trouble.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (Dickies_n_FlipFlops)

all you need is a stick. prop it inbetween the seat and clutch, then dont have to worry about leaving the car in gear. problem solved! haha sorry for the smart *** remark.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:37 AM

Id love to tell you how to bypass the clutch as I install hundreds of remote starts a year but i would recommend buying a manual transmission remote starter. It has safety features so you cannot start it in gear. Two brands I would recommend are Autostart first and Compustar second. You should be able to order them online or find them at a install shop somewhere surely. Both Autostart and Compustar have dual platform units meaning they will do both manuals and automatics. Just you have to wire things differently. Buy one of those and i will gladly tell you how to bypass the clutch.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:09 AM

Omega also makes a really nice remote start unit that will do manual transmissions
Old 12-01-2007, 03:13 PM

yeah well, you prolly dont think itll happen to you when people say, you might leave it int gear, well, i didnt, i had a remote start on my dc2 gsr, and i always had it backed into my driveway up against my garage. i went to start it up to warm it up, then i heard a loud *** boom, it reversed into my garage door. yeah gay!! $800 gay!!

but if you want to do it, follow the clutch pedal to the firewall, there are two wires there, test them and my integ had it so i didnt need a relay, i jus spliced the wire from the alarm brain to the pos. clutch wire, and it worked....

learned it during my auto accessory installation class....
Old 12-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a module that goes to ur alarm and it pevents the car from starting in gear..

pm if ur interested
Old 12-01-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (Toroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In all honesty, it's probably too dangerous of a thing to do. Think: if you accidentally leave it in gear once instead of using the ebrake, you could be launching your car somewhere. Even if it's just a couple feet, you can still hit something/someone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you just put the most halarious image in my head, ahhh what a useless contribution i've made
Old 01-15-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (Civicse)

How do I hook up the clutch switch wire through the relay and where do I hook it up at?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:05 PM

yeah its easy and everyone pretty much explained it good luck always leave it in neutral
Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (Tommyed2323)

Thanks for nothing man
Old 01-15-2008, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (92eg_b16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92eg_b16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah well, you prolly dont think itll happen to you when people say, you might leave it int gear, well, i didnt, i had a remote start on my dc2 gsr, and i always had it backed into my driveway up against my garage. i went to start it up to warm it up, then i heard a loud *** boom, it reversed into my garage door. yeah gay!! $800 gay!!

but if you want to do it, follow the clutch pedal to the firewall, there are two wires there, test them and my integ had it so i didnt need a relay, i jus spliced the wire from the alarm brain to the pos. clutch wire, and it worked....

learned it during my auto accessory installation class....</TD></TR></TABLE>What color is the wire at the clutch switch that I need to connect the alarm brain wire to?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (wolfie98)

I have a 98 manual civic and I am putting on a Galaxy 5000rs remote start security system on it. What safety switches or wires need to be in place so that it will not start in gear. I know that I can get rid of the clutch switch, but I want to have the safety switch for my wife.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

juss connect the 2 wires together at the clutch switch but like everyones says if anythangs happens is all on u besides which circuit city did u work at???
Old 01-16-2008, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (lazii_boi08)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazii_boi08 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">juss connect the 2 wires together at the clutch switch but like everyones says if anythangs happens is all on u besides which circuit city did u work at???</TD></TR></TABLE>If the tach wire is hooked up will it keep it from starting in gear?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch for remote starter? (wolfie98)

You realize you wont have cruise, right? I couldn't do that.

You could maybe hook up a toggle switch, though.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolfie98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the tach wire is hooked up will it keep it from starting in gear?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no the tach wire is juss the wire that reads the motors voltage well basicly it see the way ur motor runs so it can know when to stop starting up when u remote start so that what connecting a progamiong tach does