Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated.

I need to know how to remove the door panels in my del sol and i was wondering if anyone has a link to a diagram or somthing that show exacly how to remove it?

i do have a haynes maual for civic/del sol but unfortunetly it only shows the civic door panel removel for some reason.

im installing some dynamat and new speakers in my doors tomarrow so any help is very appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated. (matt56)

del sol door panels are a bitch.

i took mine off once and havent been able to get them sto stay on since. the tabs keep breaking.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated. (JdelMsolG)

easy man.
In the door handle, slide the little cover and it folds out. Remove the screw there. Then pull the front of it out and slide it forward to unhook it from the door panel. Slide off the little clips that lock on the rods for the lock and latch and pull the rods out of the clips.
Then behind the pull handle, pop out the plastic cap and use a phillips screw driver to remove the screw inside the hole. Then, up near the corner where the mirror is, remove the plastic screw. Do not worry about the rest of the clip as that will come out with the door panel.
Then, from the lower rear edge of the door panel, pull to seperate it from the door. Then lift is straight up and it will seperate from the door. It may be hard to pull, but keep going until it fully seperates. Then unplug the connector that goes to the window switch. If you have the dealer optional tweeters, disconnect that.
When you go to put it back on, make sure there are no gray clips stuck on the door. If there are, pull them out and reclip them into the door panel. Then slide it down so the window seal slides into place. blah blah blah, smack it a few times, screw, screw screw, be happy.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated. (Bakeoff)

Very informative thanks (Bakeoff)! ill try that tomarrow. i have only one question though, what are the clips that lock on the rods? is that on the door handle or somthing?

Thanks again!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated. (matt56)

Why would you need to remove the door panel for speaker? Just remove the plastic speaker cover.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated. (MAX PAYNE)

I assume he's putting dynamat in the doors. Or maybe installing tweeters high up on the door panel. Or oversize speakers in the door. Otherwise I agree it makes no sense - the speaker cover isn't even held on by screws.

matt56, "In the door handle, slide the little cover and it folds out. Remove the screw there. Then pull the front of it out and slide it forward to unhook it from the door panel. Slide off the little clips that lock on the rods for the lock and latch and pull the rods out of the clips." is the process of removing the inner door handle. The clip is attached to the other side of the door release lever, it attaches onto a rod that runs back to the door lock.

BTW, be careful when pulling the lower part of the panel. There are several pop tabs that hold the panel to the door frame, they disconnect cleanly if you exert straight-out force exactly where the tab is located. You can tell where the tabs are because the panel will flex outwards elsewhere but be held rigid against the door at a tab. Just take it slow. Those tabs take a LOT of force to yank too, I always think I'm about to break something.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated. (MonkeyBoy668)

Monkeyboy covered everything I missed. Sorry, I was out drinking and hit HT before passing out. lol
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Door Panel Removel??? help very appreciated. (Bakeoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bakeoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Monkeyboy covered everything I missed. Sorry, I was out drinking and hit HT before passing out. lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem. i think i have everything i need to know now thanks for your help everyone!