Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

del sol cooling system over heating

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEL SOL overheating HELP

93 del sol d15b7

The hot engine has been vaporizing my coolant. I guess there is a pin hole leak somewhere in the back of the engine. Some hose or something?? I dont know!!

I inspected the radiator, hoses ,cap ,spill tank and hose leading from that.

They all looked good except for the fact i'm losing coolant at an alarming rate. The coolant only leaks out after driving in traffic or about 30min of really hot operation.

I was told I need a pressure test to really determine if its a blown headgasket? Is this true? I don't see any coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant that is left. The exhaust hasn't been smoking white either.

I know for a fact the fan works when it gets hot, but i noticed it only works sometimes. I noticed when the fan comes on it really works well.

The car only over heats in the day and it runs smoothly at night?

Where could my coolant be leaking from aside from where the block meets the head and the other hoses i had mentioned?

I have a feeling the water pump, thermostat, fan switch, and or water temp sensor have something to do with what is wrong. I don't know how to approach the situation @nd im not willing to pay a mechanic right now.

What will get me a coolingsystem that allows me to rev my engine in a hot climate

IACvalve nipple corroded >> the fix was 3 hoses 7clamps and some mechanic love now a new problem

Modified by Elwuudz at 6:56 PM 12/1/2006