Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec.

Is this such a dangerous things? I've heard two different stories but does anyone have any REAL information on it?
Old 07-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec. (Civic Hx-T)

no
Old 07-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec. (Turbo E 604)

I ran my old car for a month with out it. Nothing happend.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:28 PM

just doesnt run as good
Old 07-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec. (HTechBB)

No I did it for 3 months unknowingly...

Old 07-29-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec. (Civic Hx-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic Hx-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is this such a dangerous things? I've heard two different stories but does anyone have any REAL information on it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Instead of posting such a dick waste thread why not first figure out what VTEC is/does and then you'll have your answer.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:35 PM

Well two reasons i'm asking to make sure:

I'm running no vtec on purpose in my recently swapped DX.

And i'm about to get an H22a4 Swapped Prelude for a really good deal, and it has an h23 non-vtec ecu in it.

Was wondering if this was a really bad thing.

Thanks for replies.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:41 PM
New User

Default Re: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec. (RedlinedVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlinedVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Instead of posting such a dick waste thread why not first figure out what VTEC is/does and then you'll have your answer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What he said.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlinedVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Instead of posting such a dick waste thread why not first figure out what VTEC is/does and then you'll have your answer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or why not just post a ****** answer to his question instead of being a dick about it? Even if he did know exactly what it was he might not be able to put two and two together to form an answer. Oh...wait a minute....I forgot you were born knowing the ins and outs of hondas and everything about their motors.

The the original poster, as everyone else has said it will not hurt your motor. But hook it up asap. Afterall, what good is a vtec motor with no vtec?
Old 07-29-2004, 07:43 PM

Wow.

So I wasted a thread, but you BUMPED my thread.

Wow.

You get a one up shroom for intelligence.

=\ Whack.

I got my answer. Thanks for those who answered.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec. (JapTendencies)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JapTendencies &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Oh...wait a minute....I forgot you were born knowing the ins and outs of hondas and everything about their motors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I just took the time to research topics/questions I may have had before I asked others for help.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:47 PM

Get off my nuts young man.

Don't tell me about taking time to research a topic. Go blow your bad life out of your ***. I asked a straight forward question to get fast results.

Even a moderator answered without such a lame remark. How is it that YOU came here and posted TWICE in a useless thread.

Whack.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec. (91' LS-VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91’ LS-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran my old car for a month with out it. Nothing happend. </TD></TR></TABLE>

meee toooooo
Old 07-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec. (al3e)

I have ran over 10 months without it......oh wait, I have a LS
Old 07-29-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: (Civic Hx-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic Hx-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get off my nuts young man.

Don't tell me about taking time to research a topic. Go blow your bad life out of your ***. I asked a straight forward question to get fast results.

Even a moderator answered without such a lame remark. How is it that YOU came here and posted TWICE in a useless thread.

Whack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry if it seems like I'm coming down on you or anything, but I'm tired of seeing the same posts day after day after day. All I'm trying to do is get more users to think for themselves instead have others spoon feed them. Trial and error on your own is the best way to learn.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:58 PM

Okay. So you're telling me to--

Go blow your motor up.

Honda-Tech is for KNOWLEDGE. You act like I didn't search on the dangers of not hooking your vtec up, or like I didn't call everyone I knew to see what they said about it?

And i'd like to see you find a post about someone asking if not having Vtec hooked up is dangerous, especially posted day after day.

That was just an unnecesary post aimed to tell someone to search. Such a thing isn't common knowledge like: Why wont' my Vtec kick in.

You should've worded your post a bit different than you did.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ahh he is just a h-t butthole

don'e worrrrry about' it
Old 07-29-2004, 08:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic Hx-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay. So you're telling me to--

Go blow your motor up.

Honda-Tech is for KNOWLEDGE. You act like I didn't search on the dangers of not hooking your vtec up, or like I didn't call everyone I knew to see what they said about it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jesus kid give it up. VTEC not working in is not going to cause any harm to your motor. Yes I act like you didn't search, because if you would have searched you would have gotten your god damned answer.

And to answer your earlier question the only reason I keep responding is because I have auto email on. So if you have anymore problems with me/my responses you can fly/drive your *** up here and I'll put my fist through your skull.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: (RedlinedVTEC)

Jesus kid give it up. VTEC not working in is not going to cause any harm to your motor. Yes I act like you didn't search, because if you would have searched you would have gotten your god damned answer.

And to answer your earlier question the only reason I keep responding is because I have auto email on. So if you have anymore problems with me/my responses you can fly/drive your *** up here and I'll put my fist through your skull.</TD></TR></TABLE>

E-thugging -- Not allowed.

I disagree with small minds. Either way. I got my answer. You can go e-thug somewhere else. =\ Arguing is stupid.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dirtyd463)

i thought it was a respectable Q. theres prob a few peeps who are reading hoping to find an answer
Old 07-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

god damned

and I'll put my fist through your skull.</TD></TR></TABLE>

t3h gh3y

dude you are retarded....go elsewhere with the "tru thug holla" mentality. Get a life.......oh I feel offended by the first two words in the quote I posted
Old 07-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i wish I knew where to get that pic of the retarded kid crossing the finish line and it says "Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you're still ******* retarded"
And Redlined your getting quite angry over just about nothing, ever heard of anger management? or perhaps a "chill pill"?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LSpimpTEC)

the motor will just run like ****...

and for people who say "e-thugging" is childish or whatever i just think its more mature than just talking **** online, if you want to settle something it should be in person where youre actually talking or taking whatever action youll claim, just my $.02
Old 07-29-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Re: (Art In Motion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Art In Motion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the motor will just run like ****...

and for people who say "e-thugging" is childish or whatever i just think its more mature than just talking **** online, if you want to settle something it should be in person where youre actually talking or taking whatever action youll claim, just my $.02</TD></TR></TABLE>

Boo. When did I ever say "Hey you mister, i'll beat you up."

I didn't call him names or anything. He jumped in the thread and tried to start a bandwagon bash but lost. That's all it is.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dirtyd463)

god damned
</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtyd463 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
oh I feel offended by the first two words in the quote I posted </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah ditto
and this dude is ******* HARD so we should back off before his first goes threw ALL OF OUR SKULLS to **** loving e-thuggers

Quick Reply: Is it dangerous?: Running a Vtec motor WITHOUT Vtec.