Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anybody have experience with truhart coilsovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody have experience with truhart coilsovers?

http://www.tunersports.com/truhart-b...rs_mp1209.html

if anyone has used or is currently running them can you tell me how you like them so far.i searched but cant find reviews.i know there not the best but i cant afford higher end coils at the moment (shitty job).lol
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Default Re: anybody have experience with truhart coilsovers?

coilovers for 390$ shipped, LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look how tiny the perches are on the rear's....

OP, stock being a cheap ***...save a couple hundred more and purchase something that is known to be reliable/great quality/good reviews.

Those are cheap for a reason....
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you think about it, the civic has been around forever..chances are if it's a brand nobody has heard of, the quality probably isn't that great.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TruHart Street Plus Coilovers

Just received my TruHart Street Plus Coilovers, and once I took them out they look amazing and legit. Already installed these bad boys on my car and must say it made my car look alot better. They went in perfect and i did not have to do anything but slap them on. I maxxed it all out to be able to slam my car and the springs were a little loose and made my ride bouncy. Once I stiffened up the springs it rode perfect and stopped the bouncy ride, although I would've wanted my car slammed. These TruHart Street Plus Coilovers are way better than the eBay sleeves I had on before. My car rode as if it were on stock suspension and took turns like a champ (test ride.) It might take you a while to find your set up but its worth it. I really love these TruHart Street Plus Coilovers. This is a before and after of my car. I really enjoy these TruHart Street Plus Coilovers for the price it's way better in my opinion. I know the saying you get what you pay for but in this situation these are really great. Haven't had a problem and I'm on 16 inch wheels if I get 15's I know I'm gonna get that last inch, inch and a half I need for the floor. Finally took it for a longer ride and there wasn't rubbing and there was no bouncing from my car. These TruHart Street Plus Coilovers are really great and do the job like the other suspension out there. I really love the suspension it's so smooth and perfect when driving around. I love walking outside to see my car dropped on TruHarts Street Plus Coilovers the best in my opinion. I can't wait to get the camber kit and lca's from TruHart.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:35 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Cool story. Old thread. No pics. Don't care.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most important question is how long will you still be saying that? Don't get me wrong, if they're great then cool. But if it's only been on for a day then that's not really objective.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:50 PM
The Grumpiest

I know. People were saying the same thing about Racelands and now they can't get them off of their cars fast enough.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
I know. People were saying the same thing about Racelands and now they can't get them off of their cars fast enough.
Whoa...serious? Racelands are no good? Link me grumpy.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo'dEJ1

Just received my TruHart Street Plus Coilovers, and once I took them out they look amazing and legit. Already installed these bad boys on my car and must say it made my car look alot better. They went in perfect and i did not have to do anything but slap them on. I maxxed it all out to be able to slam my car and the springs were a little loose and made my ride bouncy. Once I stiffened up the springs it rode perfect and stopped the bouncy ride, although I would've wanted my car slammed. These TruHart Street Plus Coilovers are way better than the eBay sleeves I had on before. My car rode as if it were on stock suspension and took turns like a champ (test ride.) It might take you a while to find your set up but its worth it. I really love these TruHart Street Plus Coilovers. This is a before and after of my car. I really enjoy these TruHart Street Plus Coilovers for the price it's way better in my opinion. I know the saying you get what you pay for but in this situation these are really great. Haven't had a problem and I'm on 16 inch wheels if I get 15's I know I'm gonna get that last inch, inch and a half I need for the floor. Finally took it for a longer ride and there wasn't rubbing and there was no bouncing from my car. These TruHart Street Plus Coilovers are really great and do the job like the other suspension out there. I really love the suspension it's so smooth and perfect when driving around. I love walking outside to see my car dropped on TruHarts Street Plus Coilovers the best in my opinion. I can't wait to get the camber kit and lca's from TruHart.
LOL. How much is TruHart paying you?
The following 2 users liked this post by andoxviii:
Old 07-07-2014, 05:07 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Whoa...serious? Racelands are no good? Link me grumpy.
Just do a google search. Ultimately you'll mostly get people that swap these in for blown shocks and claim they rode so much better. No duh? Also, the market is for people that want to slam their car and have no budget. Add to that that they don't know what a "good" suspension is because they have nothing else to compare it to.

These have been reported to be good daily driving suspension but any type of performance or life saving maneuvers that you have to do and you'll feel where that money you saved should have gone. Lord help you if you're one of the unfortunates that got the batch with the bad valving.

Last edited by grumblemarc; 07-07-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by andoxviii
Exactly what i was thinking. LOL how did these guys not pick up on this.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

lol those look even worse then those crap-land coilovers and that's saying something.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 99civic_coupe
http://www.tunersports.com/truhart-b...rs_mp1209.html

if anyone has used or is currently running them can you tell me how you like them so far.i searched but cant find reviews.i know there not the best but i cant afford higher end coils at the moment (shitty job).lol

Just received my TruHart Street Plus Coilovers, and once I took them out they look amazing and legit. Already installed these bad boys on my car and must say it made my car look alot better. They went in perfect and i did not have to do anything but slap them on. I maxxed it all out to be able to slam my car and the springs were a little loose and made my ride bouncy. Once I stiffened up the springs it rode perfect and stopped the bouncy ride, although I would've wanted my car slammed. These TruHart Street Plus Coilovers are way better than the eBay sleeves I had on before. My car rode as if it were on stock suspension and took turns like a champ (test ride.) It might take you a while to find your set up but its worth it. I really love these TruHart Street Plus Coilovers. I really enjoy these TruHart Street Plus Coilovers for the price it's way better in my opinion. I know the saying you get what you pay for but in this situation these are really great. Haven't had a problem and I'm on 16 inch wheels if I get 15's I know I'm gonna get that last inch, inch and a half I need for the floor. Finally took it for a longer ride and there wasn't rubbing and there was no bouncing from my car. These TruHart Street Plus Coilovers are really great and do the job like the other suspension out there. I really love the suspension it's so smooth and perfect when driving around. I love walking outside to see my car dropped on TruHarts Street Plus Coilovers the best in my opinion. I can't wait to get the camber kit and lca's from TruHart.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by andoxviii
Lol nothing I literally bought them cause of a shitty job I have and kids so these were my last resort and I honestly love them. I wish I were getting paid lmfao or even sponsored by them haha but apparently I'm not so yea.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool story. Old thread. No pics. Don't care.
Im on my phone don't know how to add pics lol
Old 07-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 24TEN
Most important question is how long will you still be saying that? Don't get me wrong, if they're great then cool. But if it's only been on for a day then that's not really objective.
Actually I've had them for two months and I work about 5 miles from my house and the ride nice no problems whatsoever.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Bro, you seriously sound like a salesperson. Ask for a job, you may get more money in your pocket because you're so good at seeming like a cheesy salesperson.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shotoutacc0rd
Bro, you seriously sound like a salesperson. Ask for a job, you may get more money in your pocket because you're so good at seeming like a cheesy salesperson.
Haha no **** I might screen shoot this and tell them haha I wouldn't mind my friend is running the full camber kits from them and said he hasn't had a problem might get them next but first Ima tell them about a job lol anywho pics are on my facebook under Jerry Martinez profile is a puc that has the loading icon lol
Old 07-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo'dEJ1
Actually I've had them for two months and I work about 5 miles from my house and the ride nice no problems whatsoever.
So if I do the math you have put just over 200 miles on your car with this suspension. Let us know in a year how your crap suspension is still so good.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
So if I do the math you have put just over 200 miles on your car with this suspension. Let us know in a year how your crap suspension is still so good.
Lol I love how ppl are just hating lol and btw I was telling the guy how good they are but trust me I was gonna go for the F&F Type 1s but like I said shitty job and I got kids lol but its cool I love them so that's all I care haha thanks for yalls inputs hopefully I helped out
Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Just do a google search. Ultimately you'll mostly get people that swap these in for blown shocks and claim they rode so much better. No duh? Also, the market is for people that want to slam their car and have no budget. Add to that that they don't know what a "good" suspension is because they have nothing else to compare it to.

These have been reported to be good daily driving suspension but any type of performance or life saving maneuvers that you have to do and you'll feel where that money you saved should have gone. Lord help you if you're one of the unfortunates that got the batch with the bad valving.
I did and most of these guys were vdubs that were, how did ya boy say, "all bout dat stance lyfe brah".

But of course the ride must've been harsh as hell. NOPE can't do it, integra type r's for lyfe brah!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

How long did he have the camber kit? IV heard that alot of lower end kits have crappy balljoints that fail quickly.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have kids and project cars to dumbass. Its called saving money and spending it on quality parts. Im betting your truhart suspension is right up there with the blox and skunk2 sport stuff. Like others already said ITT these cars have been out for along time its not hard to get a good suspension setup and you don't have to spend thousands on it either.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shotoutacc0rd
How long did he have the camber kit? IV heard that alot of lower end kits have crappy balljoints that fail quickly.
For a year already

Quick Reply: anybody have experience with truhart coilsovers?