Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

integra away bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default integra away bar

im getting the sway bar off a 94 integra gsr and was wondering what i will need to do to my coupe to put it on. wont i need aftermarket lca's? anything else? i was trying to get the whole rear brake set up but need some cash... i also got the strut bar anyone else using that?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: integra away bar

when i did mine i took both the front and rear sway bars along with the front and rear LCA's. your going to need the front LCA's for sure.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well im gettin the integra upper strut bar and was pickin up some blox rear lca's and throwing those on with the sway bar (rear). i guess ill see bout the front lca for down the road actually i forgot bout the front sway, would there be any difference between my swaybar in the front on my ej1?...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 PM

i think the stock GSR sway bar is 24mm but i'm not sure about your stock one.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

me neither... the mirrors should use the same plugs right? they are both power. i was thinking of getting those off it too.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know if the stock front lca's for the ej work for an integra swaybar? i have a stock front sway now from factory, and im ordering blox rear lca's for the rear sway.

also anyone using the integra mirrors? i wanna swap mine, do they use the same plugs?
im going to get all this later today anyone got some other help before i go?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think the teg mirrors will fit a Civic. I've read that EK mirrors will fit with some modification, if you want that kind of look.

The ITR rear bar is like 22, 24mm. The GSR bar is smaller.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was thinkin the mirrors would fit if i use the integra mirror part only and use the part that it hooks up to from my civic. they look similar. i know ive seen a civic with em...

and do i have to have the teg front lcas to use the sway? any improvement over my stock sway?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
I don't think the teg mirrors will fit a Civic. I've read that EK mirrors will fit with some modification, if you want that kind of look.

The ITR rear bar is like 22, 24mm. The GSR bar is smaller.
the GSR rear sway bar is 14mm. What model civic do you have? If you don't have any holes for the sway bar endlinks on your rear LCA's, then you'll need Integra or aftermarket LCA's. Same thing for the front, if you don't have a EX, then you'll need to swap out the front LCA's.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SuckMyDOHC
the GSR rear sway bar is 14mm. What model civic do you have? If you don't have any holes for the sway bar endlinks on your rear LCA's, then you'll need Integra or aftermarket LCA's. Same thing for the front, if you don't have a EX, then you'll need to swap out the front LCA's.
i have a 95 ex coupe with a stock front sway. so thats a straight bolt up right? ima look at my rear lca's in a bit...thanks

yea ima need some rear lca's prob order some skunk2's.
so my front lca's will work? with the gsr sway?

Last edited by ej1love; 02-27-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: add something
Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ej1love
i have a 95 ex coupe with a stock front sway. so thats a straight bolt up right? ima look at my rear lca's in a bit...thanks

yea ima need some rear lca's prob order some skunk2's.
so my front lca's will work? with the gsr sway?
the only aftermarket LCA's i'd buy are Function7. If you're looking for something so you can just throw on the sway bar, go get some stock DC2/4 LCA's. Im sure you can get them for cheap. If you're gonna order the Skunk2 LCA's just for looks, might as well go with something cheaper like blox.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for the double post but my car has a 21mm front sway.
the gsr has 24mm front and 22mm rear...i know the back will work with new lca's.
will the front be an upgrade? and also fit still with MY front lca's. anyone using this?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heard the blox bushings are ****. how much are the 7's?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ej1love
sorry for the double post but my car has a 21mm front sway.
the gsr has 24mm front and 22mm rear...i know the back will work with new lca's.
will the front be an upgrade? and also fit still with MY front lca's. anyone using this?
Only the ITR/CTR came with a 22mm rear sway bar and if that is what you really have, you'll need a subframe reinforcement kit.

http://www.function7.com/products
Old 02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SuckMyDOHC
Only the ITR/CTR came with a 22mm rear sway bar and if that is what you really have, you'll need a subframe reinforcement kit.

http://www.function7.com/products
yea sorry read it wrong, i believe its a 14mm for the rear right
could i use the muffler off it? i need one.

Last edited by ej1love; 02-27-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ls sway bars are 13 mm gsr sway bars are suposed to be 18 mm. blox lcas do suck theres tons of write ups about lcas and some even say that functions 7s are the best aftermarket but there still not as good as stock lcas. if you want them get them but chances are youll be replacing the shock bushings after about a year. func 7's prolly a lil longer. but when it comes down to it its all in the install. make sure you preload them and theyll probably last a long time(even the blox) if you dont they will wear prematurly. i would save your money and keep them stock and in vest in an area that will make the car go faster or handle better. LCAs do neither, purely weight and bling factor. choose your sway bars wisely tho, if you like over steer dont put a big one in the front and put a huge one in the rear. if you like understeer put a big one in both. reguardless put a big one in the back! ahahha
most civics have the holes and alot alreay have taped holes (if yours arnt just put a aircraft nut on the back side). you need the mounts endlinks and teg LCAs for the rear and probably the same for the front. i went with EX sway bar on the front. not sure how big it is but it was pretty large and i like it alot. stays down in curves. but i have a 13 mm LS bar in the back and im satisfied cause its better than nothing but am planning on going to a 22-24 mm aftermarket bar when i get money. you know how it goes man, money talks and broke men walk! ahah hope this helps
Old 02-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea front ex is 21mm and i have that, ill just use the stock teg lca's for the rear with the gsr sway.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondapimpin420
Ls sway bars are 13 mm gsr sway bars are suposed to be 18 mm. blox lcas do suck theres tons of write ups about lcas and some even say that functions 7s are the best aftermarket but there still not as good as stock lcas. if you want them get them but chances are youll be replacing the shock bushings after about a year. func 7's prolly a lil longer. but when it comes down to it its all in the install. make sure you preload them and theyll probably last a long time(even the blox) if you dont they will wear prematurly. i would save your money and keep them stock and in vest in an area that will make the car go faster or handle better. LCAs do neither, purely weight and bling factor. choose your sway bars wisely tho, if you like over steer dont put a big one in the front and put a huge one in the rear. if you like understeer put a big one in both. reguardless put a big one in the back! ahahha
most civics have the holes and alot alreay have taped holes (if yours arnt just put a aircraft nut on the back side). you need the mounts endlinks and teg LCAs for the rear and probably the same for the front. i went with EX sway bar on the front. not sure how big it is but it was pretty large and i like it alot. stays down in curves. but i have a 13 mm LS bar in the back and im satisfied cause its better than nothing but am planning on going to a 22-24 mm aftermarket bar when i get money. you know how it goes man, money talks and broke men walk! ahah hope this helps
LS coupe rear sway bars are 13mm, Sedans and GSR's are 14mm. I don't know of any Civic or Integra that came with a 18mm rear sway bar.