Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clueless

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clueless

Alright guys I need some help here, left my girls house tonight on my way to work, drove about 30 miles stopped at the gas station to get gas, filled up the tank, went to start the car and nothing. accesories came on, i.e radio, dome light, but no click so I thought it might me the starter. Then I noticed that when I turn the key to acc. the panel lights are low as hell then when I turn the key to start they get even dimmer, so then I said it's the battery. So I got one of the girls that works at the station to bring her car around to give me a jump, hooked up the cables tried to start lights are panel lights are bright as normal, hear clicking,but still won't start.

So I think to myself if it's clicking it's not the starter, so the battery might just be drained. Called my girl had her come pick me up take me to my house to get my charger and then to work. Got to work hooked up battery to charger, but according to the charger the battery is good. Had a 90% charge and reading at 12.7 volts. Any suggestions on whaat may be the problem?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Clueless (ThatGuy4life)

do you hear the fuel pump priming?

turn key to on. click. buzz, click?

if not then it could be the main relay.

or if its not even turning over it can be the starter
Old 01-29-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Clueless (92ehatch)

check for Battery voltage at the starter. if its there and still isnt turning, then you your starter is most likely the problem. Could be a voltage drop between the bat and starter and it might be enough power to kick the solenoid but not enough for a turn. and of course always check grounds .
Old 01-29-2007, 06:21 AM

I would check all the connections to the battery. Also check for corrosion at the battery. You would be amazed at how much a little dirt on the battery can drain power.