Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car won't start dash lights dull down

Old 09-17-2014, 02:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start dash lights dull down

Hi guys right here's exactly what happened last night....
The car was running perfectly no issues at all so I drove half way down the road and noticed my speedo was bouncing about (I've had previous problems with the vss if before I had taken the plug off and attached each wire individually onto each pin and it worked perfectly for weeks) I got out had a look under the bonnet and noticed one of the wires were off the pin so I attached it again but pulled out the other 2 by mistake so I kinda just guessed what pins when to what wires the car was still running at this point when I was changing them about (stupid move I know :/ ) but as a result when I put the ignition on everything's fine but when try and turn the engine over it doesn't even try to turn over and only three lights on the dash dull down ( engine management light, battery light, oil light) the hand brake light and air bag light stay light perfectly, I bump started it and it fired up without hesitation left it to run for a couple of minutes and my temperature gauge was way high but it was bouncing about near the top and when I put it into gear to move away the temp gauge dropped to around a quarter then bouncing all over the place, on of my pals said I might have touched the block with one of the vss wires and sorted something and blew a fuse that's why the electrical side of things is acting a bit weird but I hope you guys can solve this problem as I've never heard of anything like this happening and I have next to no idea about the electrical side of cars :/
Old 09-17-2014, 03:23 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Car won't start dash lights dull down

Rearrange your VSS pins in the known correct location (duh).

Check your grounding strap from the trans to the chassis. Make sure it has a nice, clean connection.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car won't start dash lights dull down

I'm not 100% sure what wire go where I did before because I had the plug but I no longer have that plug if someone knows it would be helpful and wouldn't the car start up without the vss being attached? Thanks for the feedback man