Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

car not running need help pease!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car not running need help pease!!

Okay, so I was driving the other day on the interstate on the way to work and the car bogged for second sputtered then got going. I didn't think much of it. well, when I left work the car wouldn't start. Eventually it did and it was like it was running on 3 cylinders and smoke was coming from the tailpipe. It had a distict gas smell. Well, as I am trying to accelerate, it boggs really bad like the engine jsut cut off, I am holding the gas still and it sounds like a backfire and then it is back to normal. What it seemed like was that only 2 cylinders were firing and then the 3rd and fourth finally kicked in and away I went. I am not sure want happened. So, I make it home. I try driving it the next day and it does the same thing, this time it cut off on me. But I did get it to crank again and made it home. So, I thought it was the plugs and wires, I went and got new ones it started fine. I drove it to the autoparts store to get injector cleaner. Then I went to the gas station to fill up and put it in. When trying to leave the gas station, it wouldn't start. After holding the gas and cranking for a while, it finally fired, but barely. It was driving like on 3 cylinders, but I made it home but it died coming down the hill to my house. So, I take out the injectors to see if they are spitting fuel, and it seems like they are. While doing that, i try to crank the car and it fires for a few seconds and sputters out. I think some cylinders had fuel in them. Well, I also pull the wires and check for spark were sparking. So I put it all together and crank it and it fires like normal. I then take it for a drive for about 15 or 20 minutes, I even get on it pretty hard and it is driving like normal. Well, then today, I tried firing it and it sounded bad, but it idled. I noticed today that the fuel pressure gauge was bouncing around too. Like between 35 and 45 PSI, is that normal? I also pulled each spark plug while idle and it bogged some more, but each one was sparking. I change the fuel filter, pcv valve and the o rings on the injectors. Now I tried firing it, and it won't turn over. I smell a distict fuel smell again. I think its a fuel problem. Could the injectors be bad? Or injector wiring? Its sort of speratic. If I went to try it now, it might fire. Here is a bit about the car, its a tuned turbo b16 with 440cc rc injectors. I don't drive the car that much either, once a week. I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out what it is, I jsut can't do it. Also, when you turn the car off, should the fule pressure drop to 0 or stay at 40? I can't tell if its an ignition problem or fuel. Any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: car not running need help pease!! (CivicSI1018)

Okay, new revolations. THe spark plugs are wet with fuel and it is leaking straight, unburnt fuel from the exhaust. When I unplug the injectors it fires for a second and then cuts out. Like it was burning off all the fuel that was in the cylinders. I can hear that all cylinders are firing and the timing isn't out. When I hook the injectors back up, the cylinders flood with fuel again and it doesn't start. Okay, so I guess I narrowed it to the fuel system. Are the injectors bad? It would seem to me like they wouldn't all go at once. Is there wiring issues? I don't think i plugged them in to the wrong injector when hooking them back up. lol. fuel pressure regulator? Fuel pump. Fuel pressure is at 40 psi when primed and then gradually goes down to 0 (like a few hours). SOrry for the novel, but I was trying to get all the information in.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:26 PM

Are these fuel pressures right? 38psi when primed, before starting. That should be right. But while trying to crank it, the fuel pressure jumps up to 50 psi. Then I changed the regulator, but now the fuel pressure is at 0 when primed. Do I have two bad fuel pressure regulators or maybe some bad injectors. Pretty much the engine is flooding when I try to start it.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:31 PM

help, anyone? maybe a bad sensor?