Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Buying Koni Yel/Gnd Control coilovers for Del Sol, can I swap to CRX later?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buying Koni Yel/Gnd Cntrol coilovers for Del Sol can swap to CRX later? [+ramen tech]

i have a b20v i am building up in a del slo.

i want to eventually swap the motor into a 2nd-gen CRX for a buncha reasons.

I don't want to invest a bunch in suspension (koni yellow/gnd control) and control arms etc if i can't swap the parts into the CRX later.

can 94 del slo suspension/chassis stiffening braces etc be re-used later in a CRX?

or is it all just going to be wasted moneys cuz nothing will switch over to a CRX shell...

i eat ramen for every meal for 9 year to afford b20 motor. i eat ramen for 3 more year to afford CRX chassis. i no like eat 12 year of ramen if cannot re-use part bought with food money cuz ramen diet. ya dig?

(i want to swap the del slo brakes over to CRX later (ft/rr discs + bigger than CRX) so i dunno if that makes a difference in re-using susp components.)

Last edited by Corksil; 06-30-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: the ramen made me do it.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ramen noodles and their effects on honda building and part interchangeability amo

Pick a different hobby bro. Cars is obviously not for you.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ramen noodles and their effects on honda building and part interchangeability amo

Originally Posted by Arthas
Pick a different hobby bro. Cars is obviously not for you.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/you-remember-when-you-first-started-here-honda-tech-inquire-within-2950322/

Originally Posted by Corksil
i have a b20v i am building up in a del slo.

i want to eventually swap the motor into a 2nd-gen CRX for a buncha reasons.

I don't want to invest a bunch in suspension (koni yellow/gnd control) and control arms etc if i can't swap the parts into the CRX later.

can 94 del slo suspension/chassis stiffening braces etc be re-used later in a CRX?

or is it all just going to be wasted moneys cuz nothing will switch over to a CRX shell...

i eat ramen for every meal for 9 year to afford b20 motor. i eat ramen for 3 more year to afford CRX chassis. i no like eat 12 year of ramen if cannot re-use part bought with food money cuz ramen diet. ya dig?

(i want to swap the del slo brakes over to CRX later (ft/rr discs + bigger than CRX) so i dunno if that makes a difference in re-using susp components.)
I wouldn't want you to eat ramen noodles for 12 years either..

the motor will go into the crx, and from what i've read (no personal experience) so will your suspenion
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trust me man, im all for that thread I even posted in it. But this guy is something else. Read his previous threads.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll take your word for it, but the difference between simply answering his question and telling him this isn't a good hobby for him is that one will eventually turn this thread into a bitching fest

YA HEAR?!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Shrimp is my favorite ramen. Love to add veggies, rice, egg, etc.

I know the motor swap can be done, not sure about the suspension.
A B20 CRX sounds great.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if it helps any

Re: would 89-91 civic/crx suspension fit on 95 del sol
https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/would-89-91-civic-crx-suspension-fit-95-del-sol-2852671/#post44129865
Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. appreciate the link especially, it answered my question perfectly :D

i love HT
Old 06-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and btw i enjoy beef flavor the best.

it's quite good with frozen mixed vegetables.

shouts to all ramen eaters :D
Old 06-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Global Moderator

I eat the chicken flavor ramen noodles.. would love some right now, but don't feel like cooking

Honestly though.. you really need a better topic title.. this title is only good for grabbing the attention of people who are hungry. Not of technical information.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/threads-must-summarize-technical-problem-title-list-car-details-first-post-2809571/

Old 06-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to be perfectly honest i have beef ramen in the microwave right now as i type.

title changed. keep up the good work mods.

actually wait the microwave is done now TASTY RAMEN FOR MEEE

and bump for expensive suspension interchangeability between honda chassis...
Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Will CRX suspension fit on a DEL SOL
You can install them if you use the front lower shock forks from an '88-91 Civic/CRX. The del Sol front lower forks are too large in diameter.

They are shorter overall than the correct coilover assemblies for your vehicle, so you'll gain some damper compression travel but lose some droop travel. It shouldn't be much of a problem as long as you're using stock upper control arms in the front.
and...

DA rear dampers are NOT the same as EF/ED rear dampers. DA rear dampers have longer bodies and the spring perch is mounted lower on the body so the free length of the spring is also longer.

Also, damper body length does not necessarily correlate with full extension length.
^^^^ this is about putting CRX susp. components on a DEL SOL. ^^^^

excuse me while i try to make sense of this... can anyone verify this for me?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you put egg in ramen noodles?? Ive been wanting to try it but I dont know which way to cook the egg before I throw it in there.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You dont cook the egg.. You just crack it and drop it in the ramen while its boiling. It will be fully cooked by the time you are ready to eat.. btw.. Ramen guys get off the nuts.. Shin ramen for the win. Sapporo ichi ban at #2, maruchan oriental dry at distant 3rd.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yum. Enjoy.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Arthas
How do you put egg in ramen noodles?? Ive been wanting to try it but I dont know which way to cook the egg before I throw it in there.
Originally Posted by ThatRicerDaniel
You dont cook the egg.. You just crack it and drop it in the ramen while its boiling. It will be fully cooked by the time you are ready to eat.. btw.. Ramen guys get off the nuts.. Shin ramen for the win. Sapporo ichi ban at #2, maruchan oriental dry at distant 3rd.
This. Do it like egg drop soup.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can also scramble the egg in a frying pan before adding it. this is slightly more complicated..

the egg is a great vehicle for sauces and adding flavor, because the egg holds flavor more than the noodles themselves.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very fattening so take it easy on them or you will be blowing up like a soup
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i eat six ramen for each meal.

but i only eat two meals. i couldn't get fat if it tried. and i hit the gym everyday.

i would bump for new ramen-eating techniques but this might get moved by the mods...
Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i eat six ramen for each meal.

but i only eat two meals. i couldn't get fat if it tried. and i hit the gym everyday.

i would bump for new ramen-eating techniques but this might get moved by the mods...
So 12 packs a day? That's about 4500 cal. That isn't too bad if you are really active. However that is waaaaaaaaaay too much sodium.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Just want to throw this in here. The '88 CRX has different suspension bits than the '89-'91 CRX. The rear has eyelets at the bottom. I know the input shaft is supposed to be 21 spline instead of the normal 20 spline too... Point being that the '88 model CRXes just have all these little differences from the other years.

I have an '88 HF. It's kind of weird, but I think they're sought after for the "ITR-like" rear suspension.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you NOFX. I had an 88 CRX and I can verify what you said.

Yes an 88 CRX HF would be the perfect car for me, the only reason I'm considering the motor swap is because of the 555lb weight reduction. (88 HF = 1967lb vs DelSlo = 2522lb)

Also the DelSlo has one of the weakest chassis of any honda ever made (in terms of flex) because of the targa top design

del sol frame:
..........____/___|\___
......./_____________|

CRX frame
............._________
..._____/................\
..|_______________\

and yes ramen noodle very tasty. I make tshirt that say "ramen/sleep/honda" now.

i enjoy the noodles plain, then when i get sick of a particular flavor i mix it up and eat a different one for a while. the flavors are incredibly complex and they have vast delicacy-like affects on the palate. so delicious i must log off now and eat ramen noodle.

btw i need a sticker for my car that has a noodle cup on it with chopshticks or somethin and says 'powered by'

or somethin along those lines...
Old 06-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

del sol frame:
..........____/___|\___
......./_____________|

CRX frame
............._________
..._____/................\
..|_______________\
Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey thanks man it looks like i am sucessful ascii artist :D

i'm gonna get laid so much when the ladies find out i can make ascii art.

they will be like 'OMG TAKE ME NOW AND SHOOW MEE'

then i will feed them ramen and we will have hanky-panky.

but bummmmmmmmmmp for useful information (not about ladies, I already have the loophole with my newfound ascii art talents)
Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ramen noodles does the job haha

Quick Reply: Buying Koni Yel/Gnd Control coilovers for Del Sol, can I swap to CRX later?