Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bought a chipped ECU..... need chip info

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default bought a chipped ECU..... need chip info

got a chipped ecu, went to have a base map put on it and the guy tells me the chip isnt for a vtec motor and cant tune it for vtec... now i dont know anything about chipping but i do know that i dont have vtec anymore. i would take it back but im in a different state now... any body tell me anything? it was tuned with chrome pro and the chip comes in an out but this is just something i honestly dont know about so any info or suggestions ill take em.....
Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 AM

Default Re: bought a chipped ECU..... need chip info (duefuss)

i think i got hosed......
Old 01-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the ecu? p28? whats the "chip"?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:57 AM

Default Re: (924doorEG)

the chip has a "mount" inside the ecu to take it in and out... its a P75
Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Call the guy and ask him what motor/setup he chip'd it for and have him reburn the chip to the right specs for your motor
Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man that guys an idiot lol, if i was you i'd just buy a new chip that allows u to have vtec and flop it in there lol.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:00 AM

now can i reburn that chip or is it like a cd once its been burned its done??
Old 01-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (duefuss)

just burn a new chip.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think u can reburn but i wouldnt, just my 2 cents
Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 AM

seriously throw in a quarter!!!!! pls lmao so reburn is a no-go??? where can i get another chip from??? or a place in socal to burn it?
Old 01-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

put aside everything and buy hondata like i did...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

phearable.net , ask for john vega. hey the chip is 25 bucks. the can set a rev limit ,shift light with your chech engine light, launch control. check it out. i recomend him.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:13 AM

Default Re: (VRD^sam)

yeah thats true from what i hear.. if i get a hondata chip i wont have to get another ecu will i? or will it plug right in?
Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 AM

thank you roycivic92... i dont need all the fancy stuff though if i dont get ahold of a chip befor a stock ecu thats what ill do.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: bought a chipped ECU..... need chip info (duefuss)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duefuss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> got a chipped ecu, went to have a base map put on it and the guy tells me the chip isnt for a vtec motor and cant tune it for vtec... now i dont know anything about chipping but i do know that i dont have vtec anymore. i would take it back but im in a different state now... any body tell me anything? it was tuned with chrome pro and the chip comes in an out but this is just something i honestly dont know about so any info or suggestions ill take em..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

The only way you would be able to figure out what is actually programmed on the eprom chip in the ecu would be to remove the chip & download the binary data off of it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roycivic92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">phearable.net , ask for john vega. hey the chip is 25 bucks. the can set a rev limit ,shift light with your chech engine light, launch control. check it out. i recomend him.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duefuss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah thats true from what i hear.. if i get a hondata chip i wont have to get another ecu will i? or will it plug right in? </TD></TR></TABLE>

This depends on the hondata system your trying to run along with if your ecu has a 4 pin header installed in it.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:43 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duefuss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seriously throw in a quarter!!!!! pls lmao so reburn is a no-go??? where can i get another chip from??? or a place in socal to burn it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

take a picture of the chip.............it really depends if you have an eeprom or an eprom.

some eprom's are uv erasile. but don't count on it.

the socket you're talking about is a zif socket.

if you're going hondata. ill buy that ecu from you. im also in socal...........give ya like 40 bucks for it (i always need a few extra ecu's lying around)

there is no need to go hondata, that ecu is not trash....................despite what a few have stated..............

he probably burned a b7 or y7 map on it to use with his non vtec swap.......all you have to do is either buy a new eprom or eeprom(if you want it to be electronically erasible) then burn the new binary map to it. iuf your tuner couldn't do that or could'nt figure it out. chances are he won't be able to work the freelog programn, then burn you a new map....................in short find a new tuner that guy sounds like a expletiveface

ALSO

Cui's ROM Editor

no H
Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM

Default Re: (ninethree-civic)

that was someone in NC im in back in my native territorys of ca now i just havent gotten around to taking it to a tuner i wanted to learn a little bit about what im dealing with so one day i can do it myself. when i first got it it was a last minute thing as i was leaving i got riped traded stock P28 and 150 for that ecu.

will have pics in a bit
Old 01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have answered this already and excuse my post if you did, but why did you buy this chipped ECU?

I may have missed your reason...
Old 01-08-2008, 10:15 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You may have answered this already and excuse my post if you did, but why did you buy this chipped ECU?

I may have missed your reason...</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya im confused to becuase he mentioned he BOUGHT the ecu, then decided since the eprom had a **** basemap he decided the ECU was trash, even though it had a zif socket where it is removable??????????????

im beggining to think the OP doesn't know what he is dealing with or what a chipped ecu does
Old 01-11-2008, 09:07 PM

if you read what i wrote i was asking for information to learn about chipping more or less but i origenally bought it to tune for a turbo, so pardon me for asking for more knowledge im not one of these little kids that goes and has all their work done by someone else and doesnt know squat about what was done or anything else in that department

FYI i never said the ecu is trash how about you get off your *** and read ALL the posts or save your two cents for someone that has taken the time to post
they say if you ASSUME it jus makes and *** of U and ME
Old 01-11-2008, 09:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninethree-civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

im beggining to think the OP doesn't know what he is dealing with or what a chipped ecu does </TD></TR></TABLE>

why would i get an ecu if i didnt know what it does or know that i would need it to tune my ecu for a turbo if i didnt know what the ecu does? granit i didnt know what EEPROM or EPROM was befor this post but than again thats why i asked...
Old 01-11-2008, 09:23 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duefuss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why would i get an ecu if i didnt know what it does or know that i would need it to tune my ecu for a turbo if i didnt know what the ecu does? granit i didnt know what EEPROM or EPROM was befor this post but than again thats why i asked...</TD></TR></TABLE>

didn't you say you were going to scrap the idea and go hondata?

i persoanlly don't care what you do..........................................if you're going hondata.....ill give you $40 for that ecu, keep that eprom as a souveanier
Old 01-12-2008, 03:55 PM

I never said i was going hondata... it was suggested by a another poster and thank you for the offer on it but im going to keep it even if i just get another stock ecu till i get that one tuned.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 AM

heres the ics i promised a few days ago....

Old 01-13-2008, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ecu appears to be a non-vtec p75 ecu.
You would have to add hardware to the ecu in order to convert it to vtec.

Quick Reply: bought a chipped ECU..... need chip info