anybody have experience with truhart coilsovers? - Page 2 - Honda-Tech

anybody have experience with truhart coilsovers?

Old 07-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #26
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody have experience with truhart coilsovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
I have kids and project cars to dumbass. Its called saving money and spending it on quality parts. Im betting your truhart suspension is right up there with the blox and skunk2 sport stuff. Like others already said ITT these cars have been out for along time its not hard to get a good suspension setup and you don't have to spend thousands on it either.
Lol well I'm sorry if I'm not like you everyone has there taste and others don't have time ..... apparently you can't say something without someone starting to bash on what you bought if it's cheap or expensive lol but if I were to buy a $1000 suspension I hear from someone why could've paid half for the same **** lol but honestly I like them and sorry if I'm a dumbass haha
Turbo'dEJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #27
B*a*n*n*e*d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo'dEJ1 View Post
For a year already
the skunk2 camber adjustable front upper control arms usually last a couple years or a few tens of thousands of miles before utterly failing.

the problem I see is that if you have to change your coil overs in a few years, you will have spent as much as Koni Yellows would have cost. The konis have lifetime warrantee.

at some point cheaper parts start costing more.
shotoutacc0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #28
PHANTOM MENACE

Grow thicker skin. It's easy to attempt to belittle someone over the Internet because no one has to be face to face. Just realize that for the most part impressions are purely subjective when it comes to quality. Longevity however is objective and holds more weight combined with real world driving conditions when trying to provide a review with actual basis.

Last edited by 24TEN; 07-07-2014 at 09:48 PM.
24TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #29
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotoutacc0rd View Post
the skunk2 camber adjustable front upper control arms usually last a couple years or a few tens of thousands of miles before utterly failing.

the problem I see is that if you have to change your coil overs in a few years, you will have spent as much as Koni Yellows would have cost. The konis have lifetime warrantee.

at some point cheaper parts start costing more.
If thats the case after a few years I won't do the same mistake and I'll save up for better ones but as of right now I love them lol and it's like ppl say you learn from your mistakes right lol I'll end up learning if they fail. Also these have a 5 year warranty so if anything I'll just return them.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #30
B*a*n*n*e*d

Damn thats like 20$ a year per coil over, in the worst case scenario.

IMO if it handles good there ain't much wrong with that. Twice the price for life time warrantee? Eh, probably worth it in the long term but in the next 5 years OP should be lookin good. So long as hes like turbo here and values appearance over handling (that ain't me, lol)

you think the camber kit has the same warrantee?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #31
B*a*n*n*e*d

Quote:
Lol nothing I literally bought them cause of a shitty job I have and kids so these were my last resort and I honestly love them. I wish I were getting paid lmfao or even sponsored by them haha but apparently I'm not so yea.
OMG im ******* laughing. This guy is such a troll. OMFG
crazyhouse2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #32
B*a*n*n*e*d

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotoutacc0rd View Post
Damn thats like 20$ a year per coil over, in the worst case scenario.

IMO if it handles good there ain't much wrong with that. Twice the price for life time warrantee? Eh, probably worth it in the long term but in the next 5 years OP should be lookin good. So long as hes like turbo here and values appearance over handling (that ain't me, lol)

you think the camber kit has the same warrantee?
Dont ask if he thinks. He KNOWS. Because Truhart salez rep lyfe. Fo dem fatt stackz
crazyhouse2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #33
B*a*n*n*e*d

I might buy their adjustable upper control arms and coilovers. Then sell the car in 4 1/2 years LOL
Old 07-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #34
Stancetard Hate Monger

cat poop. if you are broke, dont bother. replace wear items like bushings, ball joints, tie rods. your car will handle so much better than it previously did, and be ten times safer. i did the above for my d/d, in addition to kyb oe struts and oem itr springs.
eghatch9295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #35
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhouse2011 View Post
OMG im ******* laughing. This guy is such a troll. OMFG
Lol how am I a troll ????
Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #36
Honda-Tech Member

This page is such a joke ppl can't come in and help without getting told off or start trolling lol I just came to help that guy asking but nope ended up getting a bunch of negative **** lol yes y'all hurt my feelings and I'm crying lol well I did my job on telling him I'm done with this forum. Well have fun trolling and ******* with others haha.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #37
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

I see no evidence in this thread that they are in fact a good product. I will stick with you get what you pay for.
doctorake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #38
PHANTOM MENACE

Like I said, grow thicker skin. And to be fair, you absolutely did come off a little too biased in your original response. I didn't even know what to think when you stated that they look "amazing" and "legit." As opposed to what? And is that really how you decide to pick suspension? Based purely on looks and price?
24TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #39
The Grumpiest

Quote:
This page is such a joke ppl can't come in and help without getting told off or start trolling lol I just came to help that guy asking but nope ended up getting a bunch of negative **** lol yes y'all hurt my feelings and I'm crying lol well I did my job on telling him I'm done with this forum. Well have fun trolling and ******* with others haha.
Page? Like Facebook?
And you do realize the original question was asked almost a year and a half ago? I hope the OP was able to pick a suspension in all that time.
grumblemarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #40
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

I don't understand why people act like car mods are a necessity. They're not groceries.

"I have a shitty job and no money". Sounds like you should throw $400 away on some garbage coilovers because you NEED them NOW.
B serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #41
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B serious View Post
I don't understand why people act like car mods are a necessity. They're not groceries.

"I have a shitty job and no money". Sounds like you should throw $400 away on some garbage coilovers because you NEED them NOW.
Not even sure why they start a build thread to begin with. But I'll give them props for trying though.
tony_2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:20 AM   #42
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Workin! Actually, idk jack about this company. I bought the coilovers when there photo's were good, as a test for quality. Every bit has been exactly as it should, and I'm still checking wear/leaks regularly, but haven't seen any. I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
Just a note: I am not contracted or paid in any way by this comment. You are getting an honest review of their product.
From me, see:
https://www.facebook.com/TruHartUSA

My only problem was they weren't quite that high.

SEE:

At the highest you could go w/o preload. Well, maybe you could, I like to run ~1" of lower unit thread, to make sure it is safe. They told me not to run preload on the springs, and I did, because f'it, I feel I know more then them.
xci_ed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #43
Honda-Tech Member

gotta add this bit:

see the mirrors in my top photo, I added those :D

they work.
they were inspected by the DMV, and legal.
they are -STOCK- Honda mirrors!!! from a motorcycle (Hornet 600, 599, CB600-F6) :D
fit with parts for house water pipe :D
xci_ed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #44
Trial User

Not to sure how old this thread actually is but adding my two cents shouldn't do much damage at this point lol. Some people seem to choose a product based on the name without knowing much knowledge of the product there getting into just because you typed something on google and read a couple threads doesn't necessarily make you superior then everybody if you haven't actually tested something don't be a keyboard warrior and bash on others with that being said lets get back on topic.

I recently just went into my local motorsports shop and chopped it up with the owner for a bit. I've been wanting to run a coilover set up on my dc2 for quite some time now due to the fact that the previous owner chopped the springs on blown shocks. Keep in mind I am a outgoing enthusiast I go to work and school and do a lot of DD I don't need a $1k plus setup on just coilovers other factors like sway bars come in to play if I decide to go down the route.

I went in going to buy some Tein Basis (no tophats) I was also looking at some damper setups but my budget was around $600 and then I was introduced to the TruHart StreetPlus coilover set which came with top hats and had a better spring rate and knowing I was out the door for $400 shipped was not to bad of a day. I will be reviewing these coilovers not only on a daily, week, month basis but for a years time.

Last edited by teggydude93; 01-23-2016 at 09:14 PM.
teggydude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #45
Steve at Heart

TruHart is a distributor here like all the other coil over companies that come from Taiwan. Because the put USA in there name doesn't make it made here. They use HardRace bushings and joints because it all comes from the same place.
Bently_Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #46
Honda-Tech Member

Go with KYB not much more in price,but a much better product.
Khar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #47
Honda-Tech Member

1.5 all around get koni orange for $280 set of 4 EBAYYYYY and lower springs
Espincivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #48
Honda-Tech Member

old thread is old

so old that my old banned account is in this thread

crazyhorse2011 is offline   Reply With Quote